Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 28, 2011, 12:48:31 AM
KJP, could you please read this thread and use it for that kind of question ?  :srs:

(No, regular users can't click on this link. Do not insist, it's pointless. >w>)
Ah. Sorry Mia.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I would recommend highly trusted people that's done a good service to the site as a whole who has a good attitude about the system. I'd also put those people on a watch for a month or 2 to make sure they don't over extend thier powers. I'll admit it's hard finding a good helper that doesn't go power hungry... One of my friends went mad with his powers when I made him GM on my Ragnarok server in the past.. I removed his powers and he lashed at me.. had to ban him from the server because of how he acted.. to this day he still holds a gruge towards me cause of that...
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 28, 2011, 01:01:53 AM
I would recommend highly trusted people that's done a good service to the site as a whole who has a good attitude about the system. I'd also put those people on a watch for a month or 2 to make sure they don't over extend thier powers. I'll admit it's hard finding a good helper that doesn't go power hungry... One of my friends went mad with his powers when I made him GM on my Ragnarok server in the past.. I removed his powers and he lashed at me.. had to ban him from the server because of how he acted.. to this day he still holds a gruge towards me cause of that...
I see people power mad on other sites before, i find them jerks and yes find a person who is trustworthy.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Sorceress on September 28, 2011, 01:04:01 AM
I see people power mad on other sites before, i find them jerks and yes find a person who is trustworthy.
Yeah I hate those power people. The ones who act like they ARE the law. Well I hope they find trustworthy people too

I do like the staff.
However, someone, like LookItsLink, isn't on as often as he used to be.
You should try to find at least 1 person to be a back-up since the rest of the staff is active.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Quote from: Segtendo on September 28, 2011, 01:26:10 AM
I do like the staff.
However, someone, like LookItsLink, isn't on as often as he used to be.
You should try to find at least 1 person to be a back-up since the rest of the staff is active.
Segab as well, but I agree. My brother doesn't have near as much time as he used to, sadly.

Quote from: Seraph on September 28, 2011, 01:43:13 AM
Segab as well, but I agree. My brother doesn't have near as much time as he used to, sadly.
I seen him acouple of times online last week, but yeah he hasn't been on in awhile.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on September 27, 2011, 04:39:02 PM
You missed the part right under what you quoted.  ._.
Oh, sorry... I didn't miss it, I misread due to the color of your font and interpreted it in another way, thought you were talking about the off-topic section there when you actually mentioned the on-topic.

And yes, I agree that it indeed is an improvement.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 27, 2011, 08:41:53 AM
All right. Comparison ? Let's compare our work then.

You : Roaming around the threads, finding rule-breaking stuff to report.

Me :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



I am NOT complaining about my "job" here. It's truly an everyday pride and joy for me to come here and help this place, even when it gets tough sometimes.
I'm just reminding you that Admins and also Global moderators have much more to do these days than "just roaming around the boards". So yeah, if you guys can help us to do all of this a bit more quickly, it would be a great help, really. It's easy to just roam around the boards, but we're not just doing easy stuff.

So please compare what is comparable.
Huh? When did it became a comparison game?
First of all, "my work"? I'm a regular user, not a global or local mod, not an admin.
As a mere user I don't have any responsibility or "work to do" beyond not breaking the rules, so really... How can we even start comparing penis amount of work size?

The main point of what you quoted from my post is that "patrolling" isn't as time consuming as it may seem.
Specially because keeping your eye on this site is not a one-man-army job, there's a staff group.


And since you took your time to give me a listing of all the hard work you do, then I think it's fair that I take my time to acknowledge it and reply with my appreciation and doubts of what you do here.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Oh, and the thing about complaining about the "job" wasn't even directed at you anyways.

So are we arguing for the sake of arguing, or...?

It's very easy to understate our work when you're not the one doing it. It's very easy to say that we should have time when you know nothing about us. This isn't accomplishing anything.

We already admitted, about 3 pages ago, that we haven't been keeping a tight rein on the busier boards and that we're working on remedying the problem. I don't see why this discussion is still going on, apart from sheer, directionless belligerence.

Quote from: Vyse on September 28, 2011, 04:52:57 AM
So are we arguing for the sake of arguing, or...?

It's very easy to understate our work when you're not the one doing it. It's very easy to say that we should have time when you know nothing about us. This isn't accomplishing anything.

We already admitted, about 3 pages ago, that we haven't been keeping a tight rein on the busier boards and that we're working on remedying the problem. I don't see why this discussion is still going on, apart from sheer, directionless belligerence.
Yes we are quite belligerent. Actually...do I have permission to make a thread all about this kind of stuff? Where we can just complain all day and nobody gets in trouble? I mean for like off topic and stuff. Of course rules apply and stuff but I mean people can just say whatever belligerent stuff we want and not get in trouble. Sounds like a blast.  please dont moderate me for asking this question

I thought adding mods was gonna be a team decision, yet everyone is throwing in their two cents?

Look! There's people promoting themselves, and being sycophants.

Everything I predicted last night, it's coming true.

Vyse, you owe me twenty dollars.

Huh?  Not really. Just stating how things should go since I used to be a GM and all..
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 28, 2011, 07:18:02 AM
Huh?  Not really. Just stating how things should go since I used to be a GM and all..

I wasn't talking about you, Rydia. I've been a GM as well, over at InfinityMugenTeam. Cheers!

September 28, 2011, 08:37:15 AM #1034 Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:46:10 AM by Miacis Ballard
Quote from: Vyse on September 28, 2011, 04:52:57 AM
It's very easy to understate our work when you're not the one doing it. It's very easy to say that we should have time when you know nothing about us. This isn't accomplishing anything.
Exactly. We're remedying on that and fining people to help us moderate place we don't have time to go moderate.

cx_asuka, I'm not going to reply in detail to all you said because really, it's just nothing but trying to belittle our work. It's the addition of all these things that makes us waste time and not roam around the forum like surveillance bots.

Just three things:
QuoteLast time I checked, multi-accounts were allowed again.
There's a clause about sanction transfer. So when we have a member who's using multis just to troll, and got them banned, it's interesting to know who's behind it and transfer the sanction.

QuoteAn unneeded additional thing to the forums that doesn't take priority
Unneeded .. ? Huh ... Well, I guess it depends on the PoV. I guess it's as unneeded as lowering taxes in a country. It makes some users happy, and that's what we're for, right ?

Quote from: cx_asuka on September 28, 2011, 03:22:32 AM
You can tell the persons implicated in that kind of thing to simply avoid each other, it's not like you have to be the mediator in fights (that tend to be ridiculous) between users.
Well, that's a good one ... "just tell them to avoid each other". I wish it was that simple.  r)
When a conflict has repercussions on the boards, and can implicate other users, I get to the bottom of things to avoid doing major blunders. When it's clear that there's something bad going on between 2 users, the last thing to do is to sanction blindly.
Because with that kind of attitude, you'll get a mass of users who have "sided" with either side, blustering about power abuse.

So yeah, thanks for the advice, but I think I'm going to keep doing my job a bit more smartly than a warning bot.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.