Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Aisuru Senka (Sety) on September 29, 2011, 03:29:18 AM
hm...
have they been from new users? or users who you know aren't bots?
It's been happening to normal users, apparently.
Bots aren't smart enough to do those kind of threads. If they post, it'd be to advertise something.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


September 29, 2011, 03:42:09 AM #1096 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:44:57 AM by Aisuru Senka (Sety)
Quote from: Segtendo on September 29, 2011, 03:38:00 AM
It's been happening to normal users, apparently.
Bots aren't smart enough to do those kind of threads. If they post, it'd be to advertise something.
mmh... good point
maybe, like, one of the hacks has a virus that's doing it?
*throwing random suggestions out in case it's possible*

and then the forum refuses to admit I'm the last person to post whenever I am O.o"
sometimes
3DS FC: 3265-5237-3766

Personas:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I think posts should count in Introductions. Sure, we'll get people who reply with just "Hi" everywhere to boost their count, but it seems wrong to me that a new user can take the time to introduce himself but have his post count remain at 0.

Quote from: Aisuru Senka (Sety) on September 29, 2011, 03:42:09 AM
mmh... good point
maybe, like, one of the hacks has a virus that's doing it?
*throwing random suggestions out in case it's possible*
I said it once, I'll say it again...
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2555.msg693726#msg693726
It's just a forum error. No need to look further into it. =_=

Btw, bots aren't the evil wizards of the inernet. No use blaming them for anything weird happenning here. XD

Quoteand then the forum refuses to admit I'm the last person to post whenever I am O.o"
sometimes
Yeah, it happens randomly on alot of forums on the internet. The index page in particular.
I guess it doesnt refresh the "last post" display quickly enough, considering the activity of our boards.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Vyse on September 29, 2011, 08:37:31 AM
I think posts should count in Introductions. Sure, we'll get people who reply with just "Hi" everywhere to boost their count, but it seems wrong to me that a new user can take the time to introduce himself but have his post count remain at 0.
mmh, good point.
thanks for that.
Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 29, 2011, 11:53:03 AM
I said it once, I'll say it again...
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2555.msg693726#msg693726
It's just a forum error. No need to look further into it. =_=

Btw, bots aren't the evil wizards of the inernet. No use blaming them for anything weird happenning here. XD
oh .-.
Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 29, 2011, 11:53:03 AM
Yeah, it happens randomly on alot of forums on the internet. The index page in particular.
I guess it doesnt refresh the "last post" display quickly enough, considering the activity of our boards.
oh, okay, thanks.
3DS FC: 3265-5237-3766

Personas:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 29, 2011, 11:53:03 AM
I said it once, I'll say it again...
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2555.msg693726#msg693726
It's just a forum error. No need to look further into it. =_=

Btw, bots aren't the evil wizards of the inernet. No use blaming them for anything weird happenning here. XD
Yeah, it happens randomly on alot of forums on the internet. The index page in particular.
I guess it doesnt refresh the "last post" display quickly enough, considering the activity of our boards.

Question
so what exaclty does forum bots do?
even if the family may disappear, the time we spent together will not...
Check out my DeviantArt:
http://sigufaira.deviantart.com/
Check out my Youtube too!: http://www.youtube.com/user/faira0496?feature=watch
3DS FC: 0559-7845-4582
other info:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

personas
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]

they advertise stuff like jackets, boots, etc.

or just spam threads
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

Some may even be smart enough to contribute, but their sigs have advertisements.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Also some are mallicious that collects email adresses and what not.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



September 30, 2011, 08:10:41 AM #1104 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:12:35 AM by Miacis Ballard
And then there are bots that just visit pages and gather information for, say, search engines.

A typical example is the good old GoogleBot, that's just chillin' on various pages so they can appear later on Google itself when making a search. :)

(Coordinated "Huey, Dewey, and Louie"-styled answer. Yeah !  8))
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 30, 2011, 08:10:41 AM
And then there are bots that just visit pages and gather information for, say, search engines.

A typical example is the good old GoogleBot, that's just chillin' on various pages so they can appear later on Google itself when making a search. :)

(Coordinated "Huey, Dewey, and Louie"-styled answer. Yeah !  8))
Is that the reason why i can find some threads from KC-MM on google?
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Sorceress on September 30, 2011, 05:39:22 PM
Is that the reason why i can find some threads from KC-MM on google?
Yup, that's what Google is using to list all these pages everywhere on the web. It sends little bot programs to run around and take pictures of everything. Allows it to reference everything and also to constitute the infamous Google Cache.

Also, this went probably unnoticed, but we've got two new Local Mods :

cx_asuka for Off-Topic
Gamma Ridley for Help

Welcome to them in the team, and good luck. :3
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Gamma joined?
Nice.
I welcome him and asuka to the force.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on September 30, 2011, 05:57:10 PM
Gamma joined?
Nice.
I welcome him and asuka to the force.

Yeup. Got the message this morning and gladly accepted it.

I'll do my best to be of assistance. =P

Thanks for the welcome.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 30, 2011, 05:53:20 PM
Yup, that's what Google is using to list all these pages everywhere on the web. It sends little bot programs to run around and take pictures of everything. Allows it to reference everything and also to constitute the infamous Google Cache.

Also, this went probably unnoticed, but we've got two new Local Mods :

cx_asuka for Off-Topic
Gamma Ridley for Help

Welcome to them in the team, and good luck. :3
Yeah, i saw alot of pics, that i remember from this site on Google images, most of them are my avvy's.

I noticed and shouldn't there be a mod for Stages section of the forums?
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿