Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SmashClash on October 09, 2011, 01:31:05 AM
How come "[censored]" isn't censored, but "[censored]" is?

Since it checks for whole words as vyse said, I just added [censored] to the censor list.

and it works.

Quote from: Oizen™ on October 09, 2011, 02:03:45 AM

Since it checks for whole words as vyse said, I just added [censored] to the censor list.

and it works.
When you add censored words, don't forget to update the list in this post. :)
(Though I've taken care of it for now.)
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

As I've said before, the sensor really doesn't work right.  Even if you have the sensor turned off, if a person who has it turned on types a censored word, it will appear censored to everyone.

Quote from: LordNOaH on October 09, 2011, 08:06:17 PM
As I've said before, the sensor really doesn't work right.  Even if you have the sensor turned off, if a person who has it turned on types a censored word, it will appear censored to everyone.

This isn't a big deal though.

You should be able to understand what they say even if its censored.



October 09, 2011, 11:02:33 PM #1176 Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 11:12:51 PM by Miacis Ballard
Quote from: LordNOaH on October 09, 2011, 08:06:17 PM
Even if you have the sensor turned off, if a person who has it turned on types a censored word, it will appear censored to everyone.
Not really. Actually, it only applies to people who edit an already censored post.

Demonstration:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


So basically, when you edit a post with your censor system turned on, you irreparably censor all the bad words in it to everyone.

But considering most posts on the boards appear to be unedited, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Moreover, and as Oizen mentionned, it's still possible to understand the meaning in these rare occurrences.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Cascade Hellsing on October 09, 2011, 10:58:01 PM
You know you can just click the report button, and then one of the mods will tend to it.
You know i have do that and i got a error?

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on October 09, 2011, 11:02:33 PM
Not really. Actually, it only applies to people who edit an already censored post.

Demonstration:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


So basically, when you edit a post with your censor system turned on, you irreparably censor all the bad words in it to everyone.

But considering most posts on the boards appear to be unedited, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Moreover, and as Oizen mentionned, it's still possible to understand the meaning in these rare occurrences.
Oh, my mistake, I didn't know you were aware of it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=33880.msg707039#msg707039
I'd love to report this post cuz he was rude, but I can't. I get a database error.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


for some reason i knew you were going to post that
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

October 10, 2011, 06:04:21 AM #1181 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:05:24 AM by Miacis Ballard
Quote from: LordNOaH on October 10, 2011, 12:04:53 AM
Oh, my mistake, I didn't know you were aware of it.
Actually, I wasn't. I've discovered it when you posted here.

And yeah, that report has been taken care of.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=33809.255

this gue multi-posts waaay too much in his thread. tried report button, but it leads to an error page :srs:

tht happens way too much, it should get fixed

Quote from: Nanobuds on October 12, 2011, 03:15:01 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=33809.255

this gue multi-posts waaay too much in his thread. tried report button, but it leads to an error page :srs:

tht happens way too much, it should get fixed

I was thinking about moderating him, since he's done it on multiple occasions but I'm not sure if it's my place since it's not my part of the forum.

Talk to the person in charge of that part and discuss it together, then either of you do what you two agree on.