Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


January 05, 2012, 04:39:57 PM #1621 Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:49:46 PM by Innerscope
There's a thread that I can't access to. It's a tutorial about GFX swapping.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=13960.0

What happened to it?

Quote from: Innerscope on January 05, 2012, 04:39:57 PM
There's a thread that I can't access to. It's a tutorial about GFX swapping.
Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=13960.0
What happened to it?
Looks to me that the thread has been deleted..

So you guys didn't think about the new video link plugin that I've proposed?
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



January 06, 2012, 12:00:26 AM #1624 Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:02:56 AM by Vyse
Quote from: Ӄit on January 05, 2012, 11:51:25 PM
So you guys didn't think about the new video link plugin that I've proposed?
We did.

Quote(3:33:51 PM) Vyse: As long as we're talking about forum changes, though
(3:33:59 PM) Vyse: That plugin Kit suggested
(3:34:17 PM) Vyse: is really cool
(3:37:04 PM) Vyse: But at the same time, I feel like we might be overdoing it with the plugins
(3:38:35 PM) Miacis: That looks really neat, yes.
(3:38:58 PM) Miacis: But for big plugins like that, maybe it would be best to at least wait until BV is fixed.

Basically, before we start messing around with the board some more, we want to get what we have functioning properly.

January 06, 2012, 12:15:04 AM #1625 Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:32:40 AM by Ӄit
Quote from: Vyse on January 06, 2012, 12:00:26 AM
We did.

Basically, before we start messing around with the board some more, we want to get what we have functioning properly.
Cool. sounds like a plan ^_^ it'd help with alot of stuff for the videos without the need for the [youtube[ tag and will even embed videos from other sites like facebook and Gametrailers (though I haven't tested those 2 atm)

if you guys need a testing bed, Please, by all means use that website forum I made, KcMm:e. I changed the address to http://ktestudios.servegame.com/extended/index.php
I want you guys to use it for ANYTHING to test cause I want this site to prosper. Just let me know what you need and I'll set the host pc up to where you guys can have access to it (just don't close the Minecraft server is it's on XD)
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Ghost Topic... (Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39391.0
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



January 07, 2012, 07:59:49 PM #1628 Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 08:22:49 PM by Vyse
I'm creating an index in an attempt to fix/improve searching. So if you get a lot of errors, that's why.

Edit: Never mind. It's apparently a very resource-intensive process, and it's just not gonna work right now.

Just laid down some organization science.

Highlights:
- Off-Topic has been given its own category and moved to the bottom of the index, and all of its old children are now standalone.
- Hacking was getting too big, so we split it into two categories. The first, as its name implies, focuses on various character-centric hacks. The second is for... everything else. It's currently named "Other," but if anyone has a better name, speak up. Please.
- The various tutorial sub-sub-boards were too obscure, so the old Tutorials is no longer a child of Help, instead serving as a hub for all the other tutorial boards. When I did the previous reorganization, I did it under the impression that all sub-boards were visible on the index. Obviously, I was wrong.
- New hacking board, named simply "Misc.," added to Other Hacks. This is for stuff that didn't have its own section but isn't quite popular enough to get one. Portraits are to be posted there from now on.

I think that covers it. Only other change is that users belonging to various membergroups (e.g. Moderator) no longer display their post-based groups (e.g. "lol kitten").

Oh.
So that's where off-topic went :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


The new look is... different.  Don't get wrong, it all makes sense.  It'll just just take some getting used to for me.  I like the idea of a central tutorial hub though.  Hopefully it'll help out a lot of people and prevent "how do I do X" topics from popping up in the wrong place.

I posted this in my thread, but I'm sure you guys are dying to hear my opinion.

Quote from: SJS on January 08, 2012, 03:35:14 AM
Just would like to take the time to say I hate where the portraits section has been moved. I couldn't even find it at first. I had to go to my bookmarks and find the section from there.

Now CSPs are just lumped under "misc." With THPs. Do people even have active THP threads? No.

I'm sure you have your organization logic, that's great and all, but I really hate where this section is placed now. It's hard to find at first.

Portraits are already under appreciated. Throwing it to nearly the bottom of the hacking section under a vague "misc" title seems like a low blow.

But I'm sure it's no big deal to anyone except me. I take CSPs too seriously. But it's the one type of hack I actually focus on >_>
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


January 08, 2012, 04:04:31 AM #1633 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:11:28 AM by Vyse
Quote from: SJS on January 08, 2012, 03:49:41 AM
I posted this in my thread, but I'm sure you guys are dying to hear my opinion.
I understand your position completely.

This reorganization started off as a simple idea of mine to make a new "Interface Hacks" board to house portraits, menus, CSS/SSS, and THPs. I feel like, thematically, those things fit together. I'll just quote a few things from the thread to show how the idea developed.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If you can think of a better name, I'm all ears.

Idea: Portraits as a sub-board of Misc.?

Why not portraits under textures?

Or even better, give the menu stuff its own board and make portraits a sub-section?

"From my experience the only type of interface that gets any traffic is CSP/SSP. Menu hacks and THP are so obscure barely any does them. Having a place for those would be nice I guess, I just don't see it being used much."
:srs:
CSP/SSP stuff is pretty popular with people like SJ. I understand that THP hacking is pretty dead right now.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]