Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

January 08, 2012, 04:18:23 AM #1635 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:22:37 AM by Vyse
Quote from: Seggy T. on January 08, 2012, 04:13:49 AM
Why not portraits under textures?

Quote from: Vyse on January 05, 2012, 06:19:10 AMIt seems strange to sequester Portraits as a sub-board of Textures when there's a lot more than just textures being made.
To expand upon that: Portraits can be made for vertex hacks, models, and stages in addition to textures. It made sense to keep it under Textures when that was the only source of character mods, and I know everyone -- including me -- is used to it being there. But it doesn't really fit there anymore.

Quote:srs:
CSP/SSP stuff is pretty popular with people like SJ. I understand that THP hacking is pretty dead right now.
Yeah, that's... what dRage said. I'm not sure what point you're making.

January 08, 2012, 04:20:37 AM #1636 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:22:10 AM by dRage
Quote from: Seggy T. on January 08, 2012, 04:13:49 AM
"From my experience the only type of interface that gets any traffic is CSP/SSP. Menu hacks and THP are so obscure barely any does them. Having a place for those would be nice I guess, I just don't see it being used much."
:srs:
CSP/SSP stuff is pretty popular with people like SJ. I understand that THP hacking is pretty dead right now.

What's your point? If you actually read what you quoted there, that's exactly what I said.

ninja'd by Vyse



tad confisuing at first, but it's decent. Will take a bit to get used too.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I personally like it.

About the section name..

Instead of "Other Hacks" how about naming it "Misc Hacks" and the "Misc Hacks" Sub-board renaming it to "Portraits".

That way, everyone will be a happy ass panda.

How about instead of "Other" how about "Alternate"?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Idea for the name of the other Category for hacks:

The Variety Department.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: ItalianStallion on January 08, 2012, 04:49:28 AM
Instead of "Other Hacks" how about naming it "Misc Hacks"
That just relocates the "problem."

Quoteand the "Misc Hacks" Sub-board renaming it to "Portraits".
But that's not all it's for. None of the things included in Misc. are big enough to have their own section.

Quote from: Ricki Lee on January 08, 2012, 04:52:24 AM
How about instead of "Other" how about "Alternate"?
Those are practically synonyms.

Well, I personally find it stupid how CSPs are in such an obscure location on this new board layout... In honesty, good CSPs should have higher priority then a music section. And this is coming from someone who makes BRSTMs.

Just make a Menu section. And make it a bit higher then where the Misc section is now...

January 08, 2012, 12:20:45 PM #1643 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 01:16:06 PM by Miacis
Quote from: Seggy T. on January 08, 2012, 04:13:49 AM
Why not portraits under textures?
Well, because in case it wasn't clear enough, we haven't organized based on the technique used alone. The determining factor is the kind of files produced, basically.
A CSP does not fit under any of the "Characters" categories, simply because CSPs have nothing to do with the character files ("FitChar[something].pac/pcs"). CSPs are just as Vyse said : "interface hacks". They go into the "menu/menu2" files.

(And all the "Character" boards were split up depending on the techniques used, simply because it would have been too huge of a board otherwise.)

Now, the thing is, I suggested to gather them all under "Misc." simply because I wanted to give a little "chance" to all the other kinds of hacks. And some of these are Interface-based stuff, so thought grouping it with the Portraits would work okay.

If we make a specific Interface sub-board, we're completely excluding anything that isn't the interface.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on January 08, 2012, 11:53:58 AM
Well, I personally find it stupid how CSPs are in such an obscure location on this new board layout... In honesty, good CSPs should have higher priority then a music section. And this is coming from someone who makes BRSTMs.

Just make a Menu section. And make it a bit higher then where the Misc section is now...

Uh ... no, this board won't move above the music section. I know some people here have tons of respect for SJS and all that, but there are many more Music hacks, SFX hacks, SFX hackers and music hackers than CSP artists.
Not to mention music is honestly quite more at the center of the game than CSPs (or Interface hacks in general, really) ever will. As I said in the Admin section about that :

Most if not all of the game is spent playing with characters with a specific moveset, on stages, while listening to the music/SFX. What I mean is you usually don't spend many hours in the menus or playing the Coin Shooter. Neither are you gonna parade to your friends about the epicness of your HD CSPs, but rather about that awesome new HD Shadow moveset.

Quote from: Velen on January 08, 2012, 05:33:22 AM
Idea for the name of the other Category for hacks:

The Variety Department.
Sounds a bit odd, but I like it. :3
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

I don't like how it looks now. Too many sections, and some of them got separated from each other. I prefered to have imports and stages one next to the other, and having stages as a 'misc' hack makes it look as a lower hack or something.

Also, portraits was better as a subforum for 'textures', cause they're texture hacks. Maybe we should separate stage models from stage textures then.

Just my opinion.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

January 08, 2012, 03:58:06 PM #1645 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:14:06 PM by Infernape99
Awesome, this is nice :)
but seems a little confusing...
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


An interesting idea, though it does have its drawbacks.  For example, the thread that I use to input my texture hacks (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=3302.0) isn't limited to just playable characters.

January 08, 2012, 04:25:17 PM #1647 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:28:14 PM by SJS
Fun fact: my thread has more views and posts then any thread in the music section. Yet portraits are still undeserving of their own section.


And I don't see how portraits aren't texture hacks...

A texture is a user created image of X dimensions inserted into a .pac file that displays in-game. Call me biased, but that sounds like a CSP, or even a BP, to me.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on January 08, 2012, 04:25:17 PM
Fun fact: my thread has more views and posts then any thread in the music section. Yet portraits are still undeserving of their own section.


And I don't see how portraits aren't texture hacks...

A texture is a user created image of X dimensions inserted into a .pac file that displays in-game. Call me biased, but that sounds like a CSP, or even a BP, to me.

a CSP isnt a texture, its a normal image...
a texture is a bitmap used by a model, 3D or 2D.

i think misc should stay as it is, but get all the interface hacks out of it and put them in their own section...

so trophies and stickers and that kind of stuff keep being in misc...
or even make a collectibles board...

Quote from: SJS on January 08, 2012, 04:25:17 PM
A texture is a user created image of X dimensions inserted into a .pac file that displays in-game.
Pretty much everything is inserted into a .pac file and displayed in-game. This means nothing.

I'm having a hard time sifting the legitimate complaints from "they changed it, now it sucks" whining right now, so I'll come back and address you all later when I'm not quite so surly.