Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Albafika on January 09, 2012, 12:58:19 AM
But as you link that one thread, I could link one from Model Imports, and one for Vertex section, and take that as a base to say they don't deserve their own section, 'cause, as you're saying, for that being spam is one of the reasons it doesn't gets its own section.
Except I'm not saying that Portraits aren't getting a section. They already have one.

QuoteEasy, saying "CSPs" makes it easier to spot. I can't believe you asked this trivial question.
But "Interface" is a general term for everything that goes there. Calling it "CSPs" isn't fair to the people making the other stuff.

What if we renamed "Interface" to "Portraits, Menus, Etc."?

What would be cool is if portraits could be integrated into the vault.
For each entry in the vault, a little subsection for portraits that people can upload theirs to.
For a while there finding a portrait go with a hack I downloaded used to be tricky :O

Quote from: Phred on January 09, 2012, 01:16:02 AM
What would be cool is if portraits could be integrated into the vault.
For each entry in the vault, a little subsection for portraits that people can upload theirs to.
For a while there finding a portrait go with a hack I downloaded used to be tricky :O

I know that'll never happen.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Vyse on January 09, 2012, 12:26:28 AM
Furthermore, the accusation that I reject things out of hand is just funny. I'm biased? You might want to get a new paint job before you go around calling kettles black, Mr. Pot. (oh damn it's a double entendre because you also smoke oh man I didn't even mean to do that)

What does me smoking have anything to do with this? If you bothered to read what you and miacis responses were, in short words, they were biased.

Again, no point of talking about it anymore. In the end, it's your decision right?

Maybe tomorrow we'll get the surprise of having a new arranged forum again.

Like I stated before, I prefer it, and find it a lot more organized, so props to you for that.

What is ridiculous is the little interested you both take into consideration, when users recommend [censored]. Nothing new here..

Portraits doesn't have it's own section. Misc... excuse me... Interface Hacking is not a portraits section. It's just a catch-all for crap. And now we're back to square one. This is going nowhere.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


January 09, 2012, 01:43:51 AM #1670 Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:47:15 AM by Vyse
Quote from: ItalianStallion on January 09, 2012, 01:20:19 AM
What does me smoking have anything to do with this?
Nothing? It was a little joke on the side, based on my roundabout reference to "the pot calling the kettle black."

QuoteIf you bothered to read what you and miacis responses were, in short words, they were biased.
We have opinions. You have opinions. These actions are not crimes.

Intelligent conversation occurs when two or more people present their ideas, which may or may not be in opposition, and then discuss them. Not immediately accepting everyone else's ideas in favor of our own does not make us biased or unreasonable. What strikes me as biased and unreasonable is when I offer up counterpoints, seeking only for people to expand upon and defend their ideas just as I am, and I'm met with accusations of power abuse and neglect and what have you, end of exchange, full stop.

I'm just trying to have an actual dialogue here.

QuoteIn the end, it's your decision right?
Yes, it is. But actually talking to me and explaining your position is the way to influence that decision. Throwing a fit, some pithy insult, and leaving? Not gonna do it.

(That's not aimed at you, by the way, but at everyone.)

QuoteWhat is ridiculous is the little interested you both take into consideration, when users recommend [censored]. Nothing new here..
Once again, asking people to defend their ideas is not the same as outright rejecting them. People just get mad that we're not immediately praising them for their cleverness and implementing whatever they want, and they choose to complain about how uncaring we are instead of actually sticking up for themselves and their ideas.

Quote from: SJS on January 09, 2012, 01:30:10 AM
Portraits doesn't have it's own section. Misc... excuse me... Interface Hacking is not a portraits section.
Are you going to just ignore me again, instead choosing to label us as stubborn and unyielding? Here, in case you missed it:

Quote from: Vyse on January 09, 2012, 01:05:10 AM
What if we renamed "Interface" to "Portraits, Menus, Etc."?
I mean, that's "Portraits," front and center. Sure, other things are gonna be posted there, but the first thing people see is "Portraits." Doesn't get any easier to spot.

I'm trying to actually work with you, but you're not making it very easy.

QuoteIt's just a catch-all for crap.
You said it, not me.

QuoteThis is going nowhere.
Maybe because you're pretending all of my attempts to negotiate don't exist?

Name it whatever you want. I don't really care.

Except misc. Don't name it that.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on January 09, 2012, 01:56:03 AM
Name it whatever you want. I don't really care.

Except misc. Don't name it that.
Are you sure? Because you seemed pretty dissatisfied with "Interface" in your last post.

I am. Though the name isn't very fitting considering there are only threads for portraits in that section.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


January 09, 2012, 02:08:27 AM #1674 Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:12:35 AM by Vyse
Quote from: SJS on January 09, 2012, 02:02:02 AM
Though the name isn't very fitting considering there are only threads for portraits in that section.
True. But like I mentioned before, I'm wondering if increased awareness will produce some activity in those areas.

If nothing has happened after, say, a couple of weeks, I'm open to changing the name to just "Portraits."

Edit: Whoops, forgot this:

Quote from: ItalianStallion on January 09, 2012, 01:20:19 AM
Maybe tomorrow we'll get the surprise of having a new arranged forum again.
I find myself once again displeased with how Tutorials turned out. I didn't expect the number of sub-boards to stretch the box vertically like that.

So I may make the various tutorials into sub-boards of the various hacking boards instead of sub-sub-boards.

Quote from: Vyse on January 09, 2012, 02:08:27 AM
True. But like I mentioned before, I'm wondering if increased awareness will produce some activity in those areas.

If nothing has happened after, say, a couple of weeks, I'm open to changing the name to just "Portraits."

Then I'll take your word for it. Thanks for being the only admin to care.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


January 09, 2012, 02:16:42 AM #1676 Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:23:02 AM by Vyse
Er. You're welcome?

I mean, I'm pretty sure Miacis cares. I've ragequit my position twice, but he's stuck around through a lot... And picano, Jack, and Dant obviously care, what with BV and keeping us running and all.

Not that I don't have opinions on certain... things. But this isn't the place for me to express those.

I for one don't mind some forum reorganization though I agree with Mewtwo that there are a bit too many sections, but was anyone really complaining about the old setup?

Clearly, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes and how the forum operates on a more technical level but these changes seem more aesthtic than anything else. If these changes would help with some of the errors that occur then I'm all for it.

The users in the past have shown their unacceptance of change and I'd find it odd if the only reasoning behind it was "Hey! It's more organized for us who aren't active on the forums. Deal with it," knowing it'd create some form of drama.

January 09, 2012, 02:52:43 AM #1678 Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:58:09 AM by Vyse
I can't pinpoint any examples (well, Noah found one earlier), but I know that at least the idea of moving Off-Topic to the bottom has been raised multiple times.

If reorganizing the forum would improve the error situation, you can bet we'd have done it a long time ago.

As I've mentioned before (in the giveaway thread, etc.) the main thing that'll improve the errors is fixing up BrawlVault. I'm taking a Databases class this semester, and while I'm not entirely sure what that entails, I'm guessing it'll enable, or at least inspire, me to help out on that front.

And for some reason I did not anticipate any fuss over this change. I don't know why.

perhaps other should be called locations and objects board, or split them up into the 2 things.
Instead of interface, why not menu hacks. not everyone knows what interface means