Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

The font is the same.

And yes, everything that's missing is intentional... that I know of.

Quote from: Vyse on January 12, 2012, 12:48:25 AM
I don't.

I sure do, and I know many others that do as well.

I won't bother to bring them here to state their side of the story, unless you really want me to.

Quote from: Vyse on January 12, 2012, 12:48:25 AM
And of course MSN isn't our problem; does that really need stating?

No it doesn't.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Just laid down some organization science bis.
This should have adressed all issues encountered with the previous reorganization.

Highlights:
- Removed the separation between Character hacks and Non-Characters hacks.
- On-Topic was renamed into General Hacking Discussion and put on top of the Hacking category.
- Hacking Tourneys was made a sub-board of General Hacking.
- Rules / Feedback / Brawl Vault now includes BrawlVault-related topics, including SJS's BV Community Support.
- Textures and Vertex have been merged into a single category for all character vertex and texture hacks.
- Interface Hacks was renamed to Portraits, Menus, (etc...), and an Interface Misc. sub-board was created to host the aforementionned (etc...).
- Serious Discussions was made into a sub-board of Off-Topic once again, to save some space and because it made sense.
- Off-Topic was renamed into Discussions and Chatter, to remove the redundancy with the category name.
- - - Several other little things have been edited, mostly names and board descriptions.

I think that's everything. Feel free to ask any questions if something looks confusing to you.

(Thanks to Albafika and LC-DDM for their support in making this layout meant to satisfy everyone. :3)
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Pretty sure I'm done with the compact theme, too.

Differences from the regular theme:
- Removes custom title, personal text, post group, stars, awards, contact (e-mail, IM, etc) buttons, and BV button from author column in message view.
- Online/offline indicator in message view is now beside the user's name and no longer has text. If you wish to quickly send a PM to that person, you can click the indicator (though this was always the case, it makes the separate PM button in the regular theme redundant).
- Removed the number of people viewing a topic from the topic name.
- Removed board descriptions on index.
- Removed time of last post on index.

You can change your theme by viewing your profile, clicking Look and Layout Preferences in the sidebar, and using the option at the top of the page.

If you want to compress the message view even more, there are options on the Look and Layout page to hide users' sigs and avatars.

Ah! Much better. Much, much better.

I am very pleased, and it looks all great and organized.

Nice job!

January 14, 2012, 04:55:29 AM #1700 Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:56:32 AM by LordNOaH
I think you may be able to get it a bit smaller by removing these

Nice work

EDIT: Nvm, now that I've posted it I see it doesn't have a border like I thought it did.


Just letting you know that these icons have different size, making the index look slightly messed, at least the Tutorials child board icons.
Also, maybe paint the icons' background black?
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Sky Grounder on January 14, 2012, 07:07:35 PM

Just letting you know that these icons have different size, making the index look slightly messed, at least the Tutorials child board icons.
Also, maybe paint the icons' background black?
Done

January 15, 2012, 11:19:37 PM #1703 Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:59:05 PM by StarWaffle
I made a WIP Workshop thread in the Model Imports section, wondering if you can pin it?

Good way to promote brawl stuffs.

QuoteLevel 1, Warned: No functional difference from normal, but another infraction will bump you to Level 2. Goes away after two weeks.

I got my Warning on January 1st.

Looks like to me, it's been over a week.

Weird, cause I thought the Warnings removed themselves after due time.

Apparently not.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on January 16, 2012, 06:27:44 AM
Weird, cause I thought the Warnings removed themselves after due time.
They usually do. Sometimes, for unidentifiable reasons, they do not. I'll remove yours.

Quote from: Vyse on January 16, 2012, 07:06:14 AM
They usually do. Sometimes, for unidentifiable reasons, they do not. I'll remove yours.

I see. Thanks bro!

ive thought about this, im not suggesting a reorganization, just to make the order in which the stuff appears a little more fitting...
in hacking i think that this order may fit better:
-general discussing
-imports
-stages
-atack and animation
-portraits
-vertexes
-music
-programming

reason is, that some stuff are pretty far down even if they are actually pretty active...
and vertexes are doomed to dissapear, just as how texturing kinda did (not talking about recolours)
anyway, just a suggestion, and the first three could be in any order, since they are all the main hacking stuff thats happening around here

January 16, 2012, 03:57:44 PM #1708 Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:59:23 PM by Miacis
Quote from: jokekid on January 16, 2012, 12:50:17 PMand vertexes are doomed to dissapear, just as how texturing kinda did (not talking about recolours)
anyway, just a suggestion, and the first three could be in any order, since they are all the main hacking stuff thats happening around here
I personnally disagree to that point of view and that comparison, considering that :
- Vertexing "replaced" textures simply because texturing is needed for vertexing, and vertexing is just an improvement of the texture.
- Imports, on the other hand, are a completely different technique, and are also restrained by the availability of models. If I want to get Milanor from Yggdra Union, Levin from Fire Emblem 4, or Momohime from Muramasa, there's no way I'm gonna be resorting to imports. Unless I'm like, a genius and make the models from scratch myself ... vertexing would be a much better option for those 2D Characters.

Also, Imports are still very young, and the reorganization of the boards is still fresh, so I'd personnally prefer to wait a bit and see how things go before mixing things up again.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on January 16, 2012, 03:57:44 PM
I personnally disagree to that point of view and that comparison, considering that :
- Vertexing "replaced" textures simply because texturing is needed for vertexing, and vertexing is just an improvement of the texture.
- Imports, on the other hand, are a completely different technique, and are also restrained by the availability of models. If I want to get Milanor from Yggdra Union, Levin from Fire Emblem 4, or Momohime from Muramasa, there's no way I'm gonna be resorting to imports. Unless I'm like, a genius and make the models from scratch myself ... vertexing would be a much better option for those 2D Characters.

Also, Imports are still very young, and the reorganization of the boards is still fresh, so I'd personnally prefer to wait a bit and see how things go before mixing things up again.

what i mean is that imports are getting more "power" than vertexes, since u can also make custom models and import them... not many ppl doing this yet but yeah...