Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ɱillenia on February 11, 2012, 06:11:29 PM
So.. uhm. Any word about that Plugin idea?
Well, we might give it a try, yeah. What was the plugin gain? Aeva Lite?

Quotealso I'd like to promote our Minecraft server a bit better then just a lone topic "hidden away"..
Uh ... sure, I guess. We could try. Any suggestions on the means of advertising it ?
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on February 11, 2012, 09:59:12 PM
Well, we might give it a try, yeah. What was the plugin gain? Aeva Lite?
Uh ... sure, I guess. We could try. Any suggestions on the means of advertising it ?
here's the link. I'll let you download it right from my Pc.
Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio You can disable the
[youtube] plugin as it'll still use the tag anyways.

for the minecraft server, maybe having a visable button at the top? Only Idea I honestly had.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



February 13, 2012, 03:54:06 PM #1802 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:55:18 PM by Equilibrium
I dislike the new youtube linking plugin, i can't even link a video in a poll without creating a preview... This will make it way harder for people with slow internet to browse the topics if people link loads of video's on one page. A link is nothing, a video preview is a lot to process.

I prefer the old way with the youtube tags alone and not the current way..

Quote from: Equilibrium on February 13, 2012, 03:54:06 PM
I dislike the new youtube linking plugin, i can't even link a video in a poll without creating a preview... This will make it way harder for people with slow internet to browse the topics if people link loads of video's on one page. A link is nothing, a video preview is a lot to process.

I prefer the old way with the youtube tags alone and not the current way..
Hmm... This didn't pop my head when Miacis mentioned it before.

I agree with Pride, either remove it or make it so you can select wether you want to use it or not.

February 13, 2012, 04:29:33 PM #1804 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:32:10 PM by Equilibrium
Quote from: Equilibrium on February 13, 2012, 03:54:06 PM
I dislike the new youtube linking plugin, i can't even link a video in a poll without creating a preview... This will make it way harder for people with slow internet to browse the topics if people link loads of video's on one page. A link is nothing, a video preview is a lot to process.

I prefer the old way with the youtube tags alone and not the current way..
Quote from: Albafika on February 13, 2012, 03:57:20 PM
Hmm... This didn't pop my head when Miacis mentioned it before.

I agree with Pride, either remove it or make it so you can select wether you want to use it or not.
Also adding to this, why would we need something like this to make it a preview for us? We can easily add youtube tags ourselves, it's not like we're complete imbeciles or anything..

This plugin makes me feel like, you think we're complete idiots and that we're incapable of using youtube tags

Quote from: Equilibrium on February 13, 2012, 04:29:33 PMAlso adding to this, why would we need something like this to make it a preview for us? We can easily add youtube tags ourselves, it's not like we're complete imbeciles or anything..
I concurr fully. It's a stupid, pointless idea that makes life harder for those with slower internet.

Proof that everything has to be about god damn convenience these days...I remember when we had the computers with the single color, the white or neon green on black with text.

Damn kids and your music...

Yea.
I'm kinda against this new Youtube plug-in as well.
Seems like somewhat of a hassle to work.
Quote from: Majora on February 13, 2012, 04:33:53 PM
Damn kids and your music...
lol
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Equilibrium on February 13, 2012, 04:29:33 PMThis plugin makes me feel like, you think we're complete idiots and that we're incapable of using youtube tags
Quote from: Segtendo on February 13, 2012, 04:38:30 PM
Yea.
I'm kinda against this new Youtube plug-in as well.
Seems like somewhat of a hassle to work.
Yeah, also, why create motorbikes? They make me feel like I don't know how to pedal and take me for a complete idiot. :P

Joking aside, the only valid point I see is the slowdown of the internet for some people being a problem, so yeah, that should be enough.

February 13, 2012, 04:55:38 PM #1808 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:05:17 PM by Ӄit ßallarɖ
The plug in has th eoption to turn off autolinking from youtube. The main reason I suggested it was cause it supported 145 different media outlets like Gametrailers' videos. I was also hoping to help with the youtu.be link as the old version didn't support that. This plug in does more then just youtube =p

edit: If you really would like to know what everything it supports is, here's a list:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Equilibrium on February 13, 2012, 04:29:33 PM
Also adding to this, why would we need something like this to make it a preview for us? We can easily add youtube tags ourselves, it's not like we're complete imbeciles or anything..

This plugin makes me feel like, you think we're complete idiots and that we're incapable of using youtube tags
You realize this does a whole lot more than just Youtube?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And regarding it slowing people down: was there anyone who was considerate of that before, or is this just complaining for the sake of complaining? You realize a video doesn't consume your bandwidth until you've started buffering it?

Anyway, I'm pretty neutral on this thing. I just wanted to make sure I was reading informed posts.

February 13, 2012, 05:09:49 PM #1810 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:11:28 PM by Ӄit ßallarɖ
I'd also like to point out that using a spoiler tag with this plug in actually doesn't load the flash video viewer untill opened. A good example of that is in the Pop-Fiction topic as they don't attempt to load the preview untill the Spoiler was actually opened, unlike a photo. Even when the spoiler is closed and reopened, it reloads the preview
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



February 13, 2012, 05:17:40 PM #1811 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:19:41 PM by Albafika
Quote from: Vyse on February 13, 2012, 05:07:13 PM
You realize a video doesn't consume your bandwidth until you've started buffering it?
I'd assume he meant smartphones, as I've had experienced myself slowdowns due to downloading/setting a video preview on pages I go to on one.

Unless you're on a Dialup/CellPhone, I can attest that I can load the topic I just posted in (using the website's own timer) "0.797 seconds with 22 queries", and I'm using the slowest broadband available (sad to say).
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



i see the thing more annoying for polls...
autolinking in a poll kinda sucks...

if u put a video link inside a URL tag, does it still load the plugin?
cuz thats a solution

February 13, 2012, 05:23:45 PM #1814 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:25:35 PM by Ӄit ßallarɖ
Quote from: jokekid on February 13, 2012, 05:22:46 PM
i see the thing more annoying for polls...
autolinking in a poll kinda sucks...

if u put a video link inside a URL tag, does it still load the plugin?
cuz thats a solution
I'll test that
French

Nope. are quote tags usable in polls? cause it won't preview a video in a quote
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!