Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.


Oh. Thought that got changed a while back.. I know the topic was pretty heated for a while. Ok ^_^
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I hope this is the right place to post this....


How do you guys link your Facebook page to a blog post? for example; how does the page show blog posts that IST or LST or KC:MM make? is it automatic?

Quote from: Nanobuds on April 29, 2012, 04:43:28 AM
I hope this is the right place to post this....


How do you guys link your Facebook page to a blog post? for example; how does the page show blog posts that IST or LST or KC:MM make? is it automatic?
On facebook? it's using an RSS Feed reader that scans for an RSS update and will post it to facebook when you have it on a group.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I've modified the options for reporting PMs.

There are now two options: reporting to all mods and admins or reporting to BV staff.

Use the first one if you're reporting a rule-breaking (flaming, etc.) PM. Use the second to report BV report PMs so the BV staff can keep track of who's been making bad reports.

Quote from: Vyse on April 29, 2012, 06:50:29 AM
I've modified the options for reporting PMs.

There are now two options: reporting to all mods and admins or reporting to BV staff.

Use the first one if you're reporting a rule-breaking (flaming, etc.) PM. Use the second to report BV report PMs so the BV staff can keep track of who's been making bad reports.
Awesome idea =D
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!




seems like a great help finding these bad reports

April 29, 2012, 02:09:27 PM #2063 Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:25:05 PM by Miacis
As you guys have probably noticed by now, I gave a small graphical update to the rank stars as well as a pretty big rebalance in the way post-based ranks were distributed. We had a bunch or ranks sitting around that nobody ever reached, or could reach in even two more years of activity. Now things should be a bit more well-balanced.
So yeah, lots of people should have gained a few ranks and stars.

On his side, Vyse fixed a color mod that lets users from color-coded membersgroups have their name colored in most places.

Here's how things look like in the Membersgroup page now:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: br3compactor on April 29, 2012, 01:50:57 PM
Interesting updates. The new stars look really good.

About the PM system... I know it's kinda late, but could it be made so one can choose whether or not you want to see sender and subject on the warning? I mean, like having an option to keep it as it was.

Hum ... I'm not really sure I see what you mean...  :-\
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

I like the design of the new stars, much better.

I do think the KCMM should have blue stars, but it's not a big deal.

What I really don't like is most of the names for each category, and how they were changed around.

I miss being a badace kitten. :c

Quote from: ItalianStallion on April 29, 2012, 02:17:52 PM
I miss being a badace kitten. :c
Quote from: Last Post SidebarItalianStallion
Golden Knight
Badace Kitten
I think it says otherwise.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on April 29, 2012, 02:45:23 PM
I think it says otherwise.
That's because I reorganized the rank names, this time. The progression in names should make a tiny bit more sense now. (Not like it ever made or will ever make much sense but eh...)
And lol, I didn't even notice that it actually gave Italian the Badace rank back. Well, that's pretty lucky. oô

Also, as suggested, I put the Team ranks to blue, as it does make more sense, considering the blog colors and all.
Admin are now red and Global Mods are green, like on most forums I know...
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Dayam.
These stars have some sexy colors.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on April 29, 2012, 05:15:06 AM
On facebook? it's using an RSS Feed reader that scans for an RSS update and will post it to facebook when you have it on a group.

That's right. And we have 2 extra RSS feeds coming into KC-MM.com, so when facebook takes it from our blog, it's actually taking all 3. Free publicity; the links go to their respective websites.
-Jack H.

Damn, so many aesthetic changes while I was gone...  It all looks so nice.

My thanks to everyone that did all of this.