Tormod's PSAnimations: Biggoron Sword Link Complete

Started by Tormod, June 03, 2011, 05:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Poll locked.

Filler A
0 (0%)
Filler B
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

No need to get heated. I've added 6 ideas to the poll. We'll see what the crowd reveals, and then... I will decide whether or not I agree with the results  :>.>:
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

I still think the earthquake's a good idea. But whatever, I voted for the attack with super armor 'cause the quake's not an option. Having him get increased armor seems like a bad idea, since unless it has a specific number of uses, it'd be spammed all the time and Hector might as well just have higher defense.
Now available in blue.

Quote from: Azure_Shadow on August 14, 2012, 07:16:00 AM
I still think the earthquake's a good idea. But whatever, I voted for the attack with super armor 'cause the quake's not an option. Having him get increased armor seems like a bad idea, since unless it has a specific number of uses, it'd be spammed all the time and Hector might as well just have higher defense.
I liked the quake idea, the only reason I didn't include it is because it's similar to his neutral B. Also, I will make sure the armor wouldn't be spamable. It would have a significant cooldown time, so he wouldn't be able to use it very often.

Quote from: ½­ on August 14, 2012, 01:07:19 PM
What about a counter, that if it doesn't trigger transfer to a super armor attack?
That might be overpowerd, since there would be no downfall to missing a counter.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Hector looks awesome. I had always wished they would have made him, Lyn, or Jaffar playable in Brawl...

Anyway, I'm having problems with your evolved pokemon PSA's, mostly with Blastoise. Mainly, he looks like a Blastoise bobble-head. Some parts of the PSA seem to work, neutral-B does damage, he feels heavy, no longer makes Squirtle sounds, etc. But he still hops around like a madman when idle. I could look past this, if his head wasn't so huge lol.
Venusaur seems fine, though the flower seems a bit different than it looks in the pictures. Mainly the leaves beneath the flower are larger than the flower itself. Not really a big deal.
Charizard's up throw seems glitchy. He grabs them, and they just glitch float around his head until he uses Fly or something. I've been able to get AGFan's Mewtwo to work perfectly.
Is it something I'm doing wrong? Has anyone else had these issues?

Quote from: The Serpent King on August 14, 2012, 08:58:43 PM
Hector looks awesome. I had always wished they would have made him, Lyn, or Jaffar playable in Brawl...

Anyway, I'm having problems with your evolved pokemon PSA's, mostly with Blastoise. Mainly, he looks like a Blastoise bobble-head. Some parts of the PSA seem to work, neutral-B does damage, he feels heavy, no longer makes Squirtle sounds, etc. But he still hops around like a madman when idle. I could look past this, if his head wasn't so huge lol.
Venusaur seems fine, though the flower seems a bit different than it looks in the pictures. Mainly the leaves beneath the flower are larger than the flower itself. Not really a big deal.
Charizard's up throw seems glitchy. He grabs them, and they just glitch float around his head until he uses Fly or something. I've been able to get AGFan's Mewtwo to work perfectly.
Is it something I'm doing wrong? Has anyone else had these issues?
You need to use the FitMotionEtc.pacs for each one, that is your problem.
If it doesn't work when you put them with all of the other pacs/pcs files, then you are one of the unfortunate people who have to replace a part of Common1-5.pac (not sure which one they are in, because with my setup, I don't do that). Though if you look through those Commonx.pac files, you will find what you need to replace.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Common4.pac (contains Squirtles files) and Common5.pac (contains Charizard and Ivysaur)
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Tormod on August 14, 2012, 11:08:09 PM
You need to use the FitMotionEtc.pacs for each one, that is your problem.
If it doesn't work when you put them with all of the other pacs/pcs files, then you are one of the unfortunate people who have to replace a part of Common1-5.pac (not sure which one they are in, because with my setup, I don't do that). Though if you look through those Commonx.pac files, you will find what you need to replace.


Bummer. Yeah, I have the FitMotionEtc files in the same folder with the textures. Works for Mewtwo. My computer's dead(I'm posting via Wii, and I have to use someone else's computer to move files around on my SDHC card), so I probably won't be able to take a look at the Common files for a while.

I tried Nanobuds' and Starwaffles Blastoise model, and it does seem to work better. No bobble-heading, but I did like the darker blue on yours better. Maybe one day they'll release a recolor pack, so I can have a Blastoise in each slot.

I know this would be completely unrelated to the series, but I feel it would fit given Hector's size and armor

What if his down-b was a sort of counter/shield combination, but not in the traditional sense. As the opponent comes in to attack him, he takes a defensive stance. If it's timed properly, he takes no damage - and if it's timed perfectly, the opponent could be dazed (deku seed effect?) allowing Hector to get an attack in (not an automatic attack like counter, but an attack of his choice)

It would be slow and he would be invulnerable during the animation (thus the point of the move), but he'd be completely open to an attack when it's over. As for the dazed affect, that would only happen if the opponent made contact during a specific frame.

if possible, add a *CLANG* sound effect when contact is made


imagine punching heavy armor with your bare fist or whacking it with a sword and feeling the pain of your own hit

if you can't imagine hitting armor, imagine punching a tree.


Wait, do I need to put the FitMotionEtc files from all three psa downloads for the trainer in, or do they all 3 just have the same information in them? Cause I only put the one that came in the Charizard download in.

More on topic, I think it would be cool to see a move like Counter, where the foe strikes Hector, and if timed right, there would be the 'CLANK' sound effect, like in Fire Emblem, when 'NO DAMAGE' would pop up, followed by a counterattack by Hector, maybe preceded by that little shrug, which means he's about to go critical.

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 14, 2012, 03:57:22 AM
Why don't you provide a suggestion for a down special?


Also, It's not like I'm just throwing ideas on a plate, and serving them... I put a great deal of thought into all of my suggestions. And I don't just see moves for one use only, I try and provide many sides of usefulness of the move.
Don't take me wrong. I'm clueless as to what to put as a Down B. lol

it's just that a Vulnerary is far from being a good choice for a character that isn't meant to be weak. Any kind of healing is cheap, really. ._.

Each one only heals 10%, which isn't alot. (Which is only a few attacks) And you get 3 of them.

Look at Ness and Lucas' PSI Magnet, it can heal up to an infinite % number.

It'd be cheap if the was no limit or had alot of uses. But it's only 3 usages. Which heals a total of 30%. It's not hard to dish out 30% in Smash. But using these allows him to mitigate some of the damage he has taken to last a bit longer.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

.
Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 15, 2012, 04:08:56 PMEach one only heals 10%, which isn't alot. (Which is only a few attacks) And you get 3 of them. Look at Ness and Lucas' PSI Magnet, it can heal up to an infinite % number. It'd be cheap if the was no limit or had alot of uses. But it's only 3 usages. Which heals a total of 30%. It's not hard to dish out 30% in Smash. But using these allows him to mitigate some of the damage he has taken to last a bit longer.

Like I said, I like the idea, I just don't like how it would work in Brawl. Depending on how long the animation lasts, those things could actually cause Hector to take more damage than he heals. It's not very hard to do a basic combo, so if his opponent reached him before he'd finished healing, then he might end up healing only 2%... or maybe taking damage. So he'd only heal when his opponents were too far away to reach him, which usually means when they're flying off the stage and that wastes kill opportunities.
If his vulnerary had a near-instant use (less than 1 second animation), then I might see this as a possible move.
Now available in blue.

The thing is that that does not go with Hector. Ike's slow, and he fares well without healing. I'm sure Hector will be better than Ike, as that's impossible to restrict on PSAs, and I still don't see why he'd need that Healing.

It's not that he needs  healing, I'm just trying to provide helpful feedback. If that move gets made, it ought to be done with a quick animation.

Quote from: Albafika on August 15, 2012, 04:22:54 PM
The thing is that that does not go with Hector. Ike's slow, and he fares well without healing. I'm sure Hector will be better than Ike, as that's impossible to restrict on PSAs, and I still don't see why he'd need that Healing.

You keep talking about things that "don't go with Hector" even though they were in his original game; would you mind explaining to me what you think would go with Hector's moveset? It's not polite to shoot others' ideas down unless you're willing to offer better ones yourself. -_-"
Now available in blue.

Quote from: Azure_Shadow on August 15, 2012, 08:14:44 PMYou keep talking about things that "don't go with Hector" even though they were in his original game; would you mind explaining to me what you think would go with Hector's moveset? It's not polite to shoot others' ideas down unless you're willing to offer better ones yourself. -_-"
Not really, I can shoot down ideas when I believe they're bad. Just like the Crit thing and Hector. It's not about over shallowing this idea with my own, but understanding how this idea would fit in vBrawl with the other characters. It's pretty neat sounding to say "Add a Crit. Oh! Add a Vulnerary!" ending up making the moveset be flashy, instead of balanced and fitting.