Tormod's PSAnimations: Biggoron Sword Link Complete

Started by Tormod, June 03, 2011, 05:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Poll locked.

Filler A
0 (0%)
Filler B
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 16, 2012, 04:34:02 AM
I also have a second idea. It involves switching around the Specials abit.

Neutral Special: Hand Axe. (I think he should throw it forward and have it return on its own without his need to catch it.)

Side Special: "Swordreaver" (Just a name) Hector will hold his axe back and swing forward with some decent range (his Axe will grow a bit during the slash like mario's Fair fist) and granting him super armor for the first few frames of the attack. The slash also has high priority piercing through other attacks. A strong attack. Deals 13% with very good base knockback and scaling. Harsh endlag on the swing though.

Up Special: Didn't change

Down Special: Original Neutral Special but with more of an area of effect. (Gradually increasing as the charge progresses) Fully charged will have a burst of electricity and a stun if it connects.
Just wondering if you noticed this.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 17, 2012, 03:01:57 PM
I also have a second idea. It involves switching around the Specials abit.

Neutral Special: Hand Axe. (I think he should throw it forward and have it return on its own without his need to catch it.)

Side Special: "Swordreaver" (Just a name) Hector will hold his axe back and swing forward with some decent range (his Axe will grow a bit during the slash like mario's Fair fist) and granting him super armor for the first few frames of the attack. The slash also has high priority piercing through other attacks. A strong attack. Deals 13% with very good base knockback and scaling. Harsh endlag on the swing though.

Up Special: Didn't change

Down Special: Original Neutral Special but with more of an area of effect. (Gradually increasing as the charge progresses) Fully charged will have a burst of electricity and a stun if it connects.


Just wondering if you noticed this.

I think the hand axe will be more user friendly on side B, with a similar feeling to Link and Toon Link's boomerang. It will be quicker though as fast as it is in the game, and he'll just catch it at the end of the animation. and with a little less range. I also don't plan on stretching or inflating any weapons/body parts, that's probably best left for things like Mario, Sonic and Pokemon.
The Swordreaver move does sound cool though. His Since his side smash is going to be a double smash and he has the hand axe, he shouldn't have any problem with range for a fire emblem character. He will be somewhat laggy, but I will be sure that he won't have all these powerful attacks being stopped by the opponents weak ones.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

You know what would be quite cool if you were to use electricity though for one or two attacks?  If you used the graphics from, say, Pikachu if you could.  Non generic electricity would really help uplift it a little more.

I was suggesting the swordreaver because alot of sword moves have good priority and are fairly quick.

It give Hector a fair chance to strike back someone who would attack first. In a sense, it almost functions like a counter.


Now that I think about it... That'd be a great down special. But instead of a forward swing, he could swing his axe in a horizontal spinning motion.

Giving a bit of startup, but with super armor, then attacks with his axe. The super armor functions like the counter startup, but you still take damage. (Unless you want it that when he gets hit, the "No Damage" pops up, then he'd attack)

On the ground, the he could move forward or backwards slightly, but it's only one spin. I'm thinking more like IC's Squall Hammer. And in the air the swing would give him a bit of upward momentum. (But not too much.)

Quote from: SiLeNt BeLm0nT on August 18, 2012, 01:17:10 AM
You know what would be quite cool if you were to use electricity though for one or two attacks?  If you used the graphics from, say, Pikachu if you could.  Non generic electricity would really help uplift it a little more.
^ That too. Non generic electric effects would make the moves "pop" more.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: SiLeNt BeLm0nT on August 18, 2012, 01:17:10 AM
You know what would be quite cool if you were to use electricity though for one or two attacks?  If you used the graphics from, say, Pikachu if you could.  Non generic electricity would really help uplift it a little more.
I could always make some in max. It wouldn't bee too hard with some transparent lightning textured polygons rigged to a fairly simple bone structure. The sky is the limit these days with all the new modding tools.

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 18, 2012, 01:27:07 AM
I was suggesting the swordreaver because alot of sword moves have good priority and are fairly quick.

It give Hector a fair chance to strike back someone who would attack first. In a sense, it almost functions like a counter.


Now that I think about it... That'd be a great down special. But instead of a forward swing, he could swing his axe in a horizontal spinning motion.

Giving a bit of startup, but with super armor, then attacks with his axe. The super armor functions like the counter startup, but you still take damage. (Unless you want it that when he gets hit, the "No Damage" pops up, then he'd attack)

On the ground, the he could move forward or backwards slightly, but it's only one spin. I'm thinking more like IC's Squall Hammer. And in the air the swing would give him a bit of upward momentum. (But not too much.)
That sounds similar to what Albafika was saying about still taking damage. I'm not familar with all of IC moves off the top of my head, but I can kinda picture what you're saying. I have a good idea for what his moves will be like. For now I'll just work on all his animations, and we'll revisit the details when we get there.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Your the project leader.

You do what you must.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Down-B

Hector takes a defensive stance with his armor and axe. If an enemy attacks Hector, he takes NO DAMAGE (with a NO DAMAGE graphic popping up above his head.) If Hector times his defense perfectly, his opponent will his his armor too hard and be dazed. Following his defensive stance, Hector may choose another attack. Invulnerable throughout animation, a few vulnerable frames following the move.

To compensate for the vulnerability frames, make it so that the daze effect can come from a few frames.


Quote from: Riddler on August 18, 2012, 03:47:50 AMDown-B Hector takes a defensive stance with his armor and axe. If an enemy attacks Hector, he takes NO DAMAGE (with a NO DAMAGE graphic popping up above his head.) If Hector times his defense perfectly, his opponent will his his armor too hard and be dazed. Following his defensive stance, Hector may choose another attack. Invulnerable throughout animation, a few vulnerable frames following the move. To compensate for the vulnerability frames, make it so that the daze effect can come from a few frames.

Tormod just said that he would make the animations and we'd get to revisit the details later. -_-
Besides, a similar idea's been suggested enough. I'm sure he noticed.
Now available in blue.

Yeah, I'm the one who came up with the idea. I was just combining the suggestions into one nice neat post. Problem?



Quote from: jokekid on August 19, 2012, 06:08:35 PM
over whatr boneset is hector being rigged?
Hector will be over Ike
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread


Ike can be ported, right?
...Does anyone know where I can learn how to port characters?
Now available in blue.


you should do the same as thany did with roy, include ALL possible ports, so people won't be posting stupid ports every 1 or 2 days...