Tormod's PSAnimations: Biggoron Sword Link Complete

Started by Tormod, June 03, 2011, 05:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Poll locked.

Filler A
0 (0%)
Filler B
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

I took the new over powered version. This PSA is SO MUCH FUN! I never thought that there will be a Link-PSA, that i can love more than the Zero one. With this power he fits perfectly to all my other characters. Now i got a few last ideas for him. For the Final Smash on the ground i think this would be perfect:



He poses like when winning a battle, and then a lot of laserballs come out of the sword. I think that would be EPIC!  ;D

And a few things you also could edit:

- The third swordslash for the simple AAA combo, should throw the enemies a little bit in the air. Everytime i do this combo the enemies can attack me, 'cause the attacks don't stop them really good.
- You could make the thrust for the Side-B, faster and stronger. I think its really hard to hit the enemies with this attack.
- I think it would be good if he could shoot 4 energy balls with every magic-charging, and not 3. So you could shoot 2 complete Side-Smash-Attacks to your enemies and not just 1 1/2.
- And i got the idea: When he has charged his sword, and is doing a full charged Spin-Attack on the ground, the 4 laserballs could fly out of the whirl. 2 for the right and 2 for the left side.
- Last one: His running. In my opinion it looks a bit too 'neat, cute, dainty' (Google translator gave me these words.  :D) for Fierce Deity. I mean his many little steps he is doing while running. ^^


But don't worry about my stupid list of things you could change. The PSA is already perfect.

Dude the PSA is absolutely [censored]ing amazing. I can't wait to try it.

Love the effects of it specially when his beam is charged up, everything goes dark and everything I saw on the video was outstanding. Highly impressed.

Quote from: Tyli on February 19, 2012, 08:46:09 PM
Some of the projectiles' animations/directions are -really- weird.  The down-A in midair is one huge example.  It goes crooked and it kind of... skips, I guess you could say.  Not sure if you can fix this though.

They go in different directions based on how you aim them, only a few attacks have only one preset direction. The down air can do a "double hit" type effect sometimes, because of the properties of Link's original down air stab. There's not much I can do about that but I think it looks alright.

Quote from: Tyli on February 21, 2012, 01:17:15 PM
I read it and I'm fine with it.  Although, can you give us a good estimate of how far up or down it goes?  I *would* assume it's not too high, like his normal blasts.

It is in a similar range to his normal blasts, I'll probably upload a video eventually with some of the recent updates. It does last longer than the other blasts though so you won't have to worry about it dying out before it gets to them.

Quote from: Tyli on February 22, 2012, 12:46:21 AM
Well, concerning the size.  I was wondering if it would be the size that's freezing things like All-Star mode and the Subspace Emissary.  If it is, could you potentially make a Link-sized one as well? :3 Thanks if you can~

I can PM you one when I get some time, and if it works I can upload it. But I'm willing to bet that the Motion file is just a bit large. Eventually I can take some time to reduce the file size. I'm thinking 500 kb less would do the trick.

Quote from: Marvel on February 22, 2012, 04:12:45 PM
I took the new over powered version. This PSA is SO MUCH FUN! I never thought that there will be a Link-PSA, that i can love more than the Zero one. With this power he fits perfectly to all my other characters. Now i got a few last ideas for him. For the Final Smash on the ground i think this would be perfect:



He poses like when winning a battle, and then a lot of laserballs come out of the sword. I think that would be EPIC!  ;D

And a few things you also could edit:

- The third swordslash for the simple AAA combo, should throw the enemies a little bit in the air. Everytime i do this combo the enemies can attack me, 'cause the attacks don't stop them really good.
- You could make the thrust for the Side-B, faster and stronger. I think its really hard to hit the enemies with this attack.
- I think it would be good if he could shoot 4 energy balls with every magic-charging, and not 3. So you could shoot 2 complete Side-Smash-Attacks to your enemies and not just 1 1/2.
- And i got the idea: When he has charged his sword, and is doing a full charged Spin-Attack on the ground, the 4 laserballs could fly out of the whirl. 2 for the right and 2 for the left side.
- Last one: His running. In my opinion it looks a bit too 'neat, cute, dainty' (Google translator gave me these words.  :D) for Fierce Deity. I mean his many little steps he is doing while running. ^^


But don't worry about my stupid list of things you could change. The PSA is already perfect.


First off, I'm glad you are enjoying it! That's not a bad idea for the final smash, but the more I've been thinking about it, the more I like the idea of ground and air final smashes to be the same, it gives it more of a true brawl feeling. I've posted a poll about how many discs he should shoot, I can see changing overpowered to 4, but I'll probably leave the balanced one at 3. I'll modify the second and third sword slashes a bit. I will also make him move a little farther on the side special for the ground, but only in the tall version. and I can make it a little more powerful, but not much, since the primary use of this move is to quickly doge projectiles while charging a foe. It also has very long range and the hitboxes last longer than most attacks. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote from: ItalianStallion on February 23, 2012, 12:17:36 AM
Dude the PSA is absolutely [censored] amazing. I can't wait to try it.

Love the effects of it specially when his beam is charged up, everything goes dark and everything I saw on the video was outstanding. Highly impressed.

Thanks, I-Stallion! It's good to hear from you.

I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Since there is a Fierce Deity Link, can there be a Dark Fierce Deity Link? I'd love to see that match :P


Very good job with Fierce Deity Link. I appreciate all the work done on the sword; the edits make it look like the real Fierce Deity Sword, unlike some other FDL models where the sword still looks like an edited Master Sword. Lots of powerhouse, two-handed sword action in this PSA, and I like the callbacks to Majora's Mask with the jumping animations. The little double-helix spin on his taunt is a nice touch.

I'd like to see what you can do on that Sephiroth PSA. The current Sephiroth PSA could use some work, and it's a bit overshadowed by the smooth animations in the FFVII Cloud Strife Moveset.

Previews for my latest project that I'm working on are in the original post. Give me some feedback/suggestions!
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Ooooh, I'm liking this idea. You're using the vertexes, correct? I'd normally recommend using model imports for accuracy's sake, but the ones on the Vault are a bit... iffy.

I'm loving how you plan on implementing their abilities, I just hope you'll be able to implement some more creative ideas within Brawl limitations. Hopefully Squirtle's Blastiose's water attacks will actually do damage this time around. I also like the coloring of Ivy's Razor Leaf, I recognized it as being Petal Dance before actually reading it. Shadow Claw looks cool, though I'm hoping maybe you'd find some way to implement Dragon Claw?

I'd like to hear what ideas you have for the Final Smash, though I think the original one is still really good.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on May 04, 2012, 08:27:35 PM
Ooooh, I'm liking this idea. You're using the vertexes, correct? I'd normally recommend using model imports for accuracy's sake, but the ones on the Vault are a bit... iffy.

Yes, I started this before the imports came out(they won't be compatible with my motion files anyways). Though I'm not using the vertexes on the vault, I did my own vertex/texture for Venusaur and Blastoise that will be available when I release this. I have thought of the idea of giving Blastoise a completely different Neutral B all together, but more to come on that.
I was originally going to do Dragon Claw instead of Shadow Claw, but it seemed like it would be confused for just another fire attack. I can probably implement it in place of shadow claw. It would have a little bit of a start up lag as flames swirled around him, then two quick powerful slashes, dealing Slash2 hit.

As for the final smash, I may mess around with that a bit, but to use the original final smash would require modifying the "Charizard-Ivysaur-Squirtle-in-one" Model, and for a 2 second final smash I don't know if it's worth the effort.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

I think Dragon Claw is a better side special than Shadow Claw.

Shadow Claw also doesn't look well with Charizard anyways. It looks WAAY to out of place.

I was planning on editing charizard myself and coincedentally, dragon claw was going to be the planned side special. But, I decided not to... Since I probably wouldn't have finished it...

But I'll suggest what I was going to do graphic wise:
You should use Brawl's GFX#5 for Dragon Claw (times 3 cause of the claws) And it should give it a nice look to it. And add a quick flash effect during the slash.

Just a suggestion.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Alrighty then, Dragon claw it is, I don't know graphic 5 by heart, but I'll check it out and make the move look nice.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Congratulations on making the team, Tormod.

More than deserved.

Yaaaay Dragon Claw.

Quote from: Tormod on May 05, 2012, 08:10:20 PM
As for the final smash, I may mess around with that a bit, but to use the original final smash would require modifying the "Charizard-Ivysaur-Squirtle-in-one" Model, and for a 2 second final smash I don't know if it's worth the effort.

They're all combined into one model?

Wow. Yeah, that isn't worth editing I suppose. XD

Looking forward to what you have planned for it.

For Dragon Claw, should it be purplish, bluish aura? Or bluish, reddish aura?

Dragon Claw was decided after that video. In that video, it shows Shadow Claw.

And it should be blue-ish.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread