Tormod's PSAnimations: Biggoron Sword Link Complete

Started by Tormod, June 03, 2011, 05:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Poll locked.

Filler A
0 (0%)
Filler B
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0


Hey Tormod, I see you've got interest in doing Hector.

Out of curiosity, would you have interest in doing Ephraim when his model is released from Kakusei?

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Ephraim

He's a spear/lance user, which means he would have a strong focus on mid-long range fighting with limited short game. Distanced jabs, wide range sweeps- I don't know, the concept just seems cool to me.


Voted for hector, because that is my name :P
But yeah, dont know the character. But he seems cool, so cant wait to see how he comes out (if hes done)
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0648 3646 9521

(Hitmonlee was named after Brce Lee, not Jet Li lol)

ayway, i voted Flash ebcasue i liek fast character
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Velen on July 11, 2012, 07:51:30 PM
A few comments on the Special Move choices:

Hi Jump Kick: Hi Jump Kick seems more like a side special or Dash attack to me because of how it's used in the anime. Not only that. It's often described as a dropkick. Though it is often preceded by a jump, as it's name implies. This works.

Rolling Kick: Never thought I'd see this used as a Special. Based on it's game descriptions, it seems like something similar to either  Tatsumaki Senpukyaku of Street Fighter fame, or a simple, spinning forward kick. It's Japanese name however is Roundhouse kick. The english name on the other hand makes me think of a move where he makes his body spin on a horizontal axis with his legs vertical and performs a sharp, overhead kick. Could be an interesting special.

Blaze Kick: Falcon Kick. Nuff said. Unless you end up doing something different with it.

Double Team: This one kinda made me go "What?" for the explanation. Would this move do anything significant, or -like Hitmonchan's Agility- is it just a mobility option?

That's some good insight. I haven't seen the Hi Jump Kick used in the anime, I was just pictureing it based off how I always have. Anyways, it sounds a lot like how the Down Air will be. The Up B will still be the same, just not called an actual pokemon move.
Rolling Kick as you've described sounds like a Side Smash to me, maybe I'll put that there.
As for the side special, I was picturing  a literal rolling on the ground then kicking, similar to the kind of side special I gave fierce deity link. But if that is not how the pokemon move goes then it's just boring. I'll leave the side special blank for now until a better idea emerges.
I had a feeling it would be hard for people to understand what Double Team will be like, but that's the move I'm most looking forward to doing. The it can be used for evading a foe, disorienting a foe, and even setting yourself up in a nice position to attack a foe. It won't actually move too far, but it won't send you to special fall.  It will be easier to explain once it's done.


Quote from: Riddler on July 11, 2012, 07:59:54 PM
Hey Tormod, I see you've got interest in doing Hector.

Out of curiosity, would you have interest in doing Ephraim when his model is released from Kakusei?

I may have interest in Ephraim eventually. I played through FE8  :P

Quote from: SonicBrawler on July 11, 2012, 08:38:04 PM
(Hitmonlee was named after Brce Lee, not Jet Li lol)

ayway, i voted Flash ebcasue i liek fast character

I thought that sounded funny... That makes it less cool... Jet Li is awesome.

Quote from: Alfadibika on July 11, 2012, 10:09:05 PM
Those are almost fancy pics, Tormod. :P
Yep ;)
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

voted hitmonlee since kingjigglypuff is doing hitmonchan and it would be nice to have both hitmons lol
-

Tormod, I was wondering if you would be interested in collab'ing with me on a small project. I'll fill you in on that thing we use to chat if you're interested.





If you were to do Hitmonlee, you could take a look at how Hwoarang attacks in Street Fighter x Tekken, since his entire playstyle revolves around kicking. 

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That said though, I still voted for Hector.

tormod please dont let hitmonlee have moves involving his hands. it is not boring for a character to use purely punching or kicking if that is the character fighting style. like little mac having kicking moves wouldn't be right since boxers do not kick if they did that would be cheating. street fighter has characters that use boxing moves and they are anything but boring. I hope velen wanting him to have hand involving moves is not used. hitmonchan is already kind of strange with kicking moves in his moveset. i just dont think the characters fighting style should be changed because it could be boring. it leaves room for a psa person to use kicking moves in more creative ways.

Quote from: OMEGASNAKE on July 12, 2012, 02:11:16 PM
tormod please dont let hitmonlee have moves involving his hands. it is not boring for a character to use purely punching or kicking if that is the character fighting style. like little mac having kicking moves wouldn't be right since boxers do not kick if they did that would be cheating. street fighter has characters that use boxing moves and they are anything but boring. I hope velen wanting him to have hand involving moves is not used. hitmonchan is already kind of strange with kicking moves in his moveset. i just dont think the characters fighting style should be changed because it could be boring. it leaves room for a psa person to use kicking moves in more creative ways.

Except for the fact that Hitmonlee is more than capable of using punches.  It can learn Mach Punch, Focus Punch, Dynamic Punch, Bullet Punch, Mega Punch and Brick Break.  Simple moves that involve punches like a jab or a U Tilt would hardly feel out of place or out of character.  But I do agree with the fact that it should mostly be kicking and considering that Hitmonlee can also stretch its legs it could make for some interesting moves.