Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I NEED HELP WITH TEXTURES/GIMP 2.6  (Read 1496 times)
Toadsmash
Advanced Kitten

Nintendo All-Around Fanatic!

View Profile Awards
« on: June 03, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »

I sent this message to someone thinking that I would get an answer sought for, but it was unfortunatly never answered correctly or to my liking. Here is the message:

"Thoughts...wow, thats a sexy peach right there Shocked...red is lovely...what?

Oh yah, I'm am very new to texture hacking and just plain wii hacking in general. I am now to the point where I could just change the appearance of characters. My whole master plan was to change peach's appearance into a marry poppins figure--as well as many sexy things (like your red peach/rosalina figure). But, I am to my first blunder or complacation...

HAIR

I just recently downloaded the software, Gimp 2.6, and it looks so neat. But, I am still a newb to everything involved with texture changes. So, I tried erasing parts of the hair, and of course, it was hollow. I want definition with style changes. I don't really understand the boundries of the hair because it shows the texture of the hair with a surrounding, similar color. What do I do with that? If I made the hair longer, it would interfear with the other parts, wouldn't it? I just want definition (different highlights like the original hair) and a change. Do I stretch the polygon? What do I do in gimp to just subject the hair to a color change and not the whole picture? What do you do most of the time with your hacks? Am I asking too many questions?

I thank you for your patience with reading this long message. Bless you for your gift with texture changes.   Cheesy"

Toadsmash
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 02:41:20 PM »

seriously, no comments

zigheart
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:04:04 PM »

seriously, no comments
    use the lasso tool and trace around what u want to edit, then edit away. >.>
    i would suggest checking gimps forums for help on using the program itself

My mind is like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone...
    Remember brawlbox 0.64b DOES NOT WORK! download .63 or under or it will give you problems later.
    Download to .63 modset: http://www.mediafire.com/?ud5s402d8u6ad6k#

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 07:28:38 AM »

As far as stretching the hair, you can't do that in Gimp. Gimp only lets you modify the textures, it's basically like you have the character and you can color on them, but if you want to change the shape of stuff you need to vertex edit, which is totally different and more complicated.

Knowing what to edit is mostly just patience and trial and error, but Brawl Box preview is your best friend.

Toadsmash
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 06:15:24 PM »

As far as stretching the hair, you can't do that in Gimp. Gimp only lets you modify the textures, it's basically like you have the character and you can color on them, but if you want to change the shape of stuff you need to vertex edit, which is totally different and more complicated.

Knowing what to edit is mostly just patience and trial and error, but Brawl Box preview is your best friend.

Thanks for the term to what I was looking for. I'll look that up on youtube and trial and error would ensue. Vertex edit sounds difficult by itself.

use the lasso tool and trace around what u want to edit, then edit away. >.>
    i would suggest checking gimps forums for help on using the program itself

Do you mean the forums on the website where I downloaded gimp, on this website or just any website in general?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: