Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19
Author Topic: libertyernie: Looping Audio Converter 2.0.0 rc1  (Read 155131 times)
guedesbrawl
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21:46 PM »

question: With the all-star editor, can i make 3 opponents fight me at once or am i stuck with 2 opponents even if 3 or 4 characters are programmed?

ToadKart
Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: August 22, 2013, 12:19:26 AM »

I've been having some more problems with the stage program now. I went through and indexed all of my icons and confirmed that they were all smaller in filesize, but yet when I drag and drop them to replace the older icons and then save, the filesize doesn't decrease.

Also, the program doesn't save right sometimes. I finally got the total filesize under the limit and then saved to common 5, loaded up Brawl, and then got a freeze. When I opened up the common 5 file in the program, the filesize was over the limit again and nothing I had did was saved.

guedesbrawl
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #77 on: August 27, 2013, 05:37:06 PM »

dammit, this forum is slow.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: August 31, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »

question: With the all-star editor, can i make 3 opponents fight me at once or am i stuck with 2 opponents even if 3 or 4 characters are programmed?
    I'm pretty sure you can increase the number of characters, but if most of the bytes are 0s and 64s, you should probably copy from the first opponent and paste onto the new one, to be safe.

I've been having some more problems with the stage program now. I went through and indexed all of my icons and confirmed that they were all smaller in filesize, but yet when I drag and drop them to replace the older icons and then save, the filesize doesn't decrease.
    Well, BrawlLib does need to convert them into a different format - one that Brawl can recognize. Making the PNG smaller doesn't always help. But if you're using less than 256 colors, try right-clicking the icon and using Replace; this will show the texture converter, which lets you reduce the number of colors in the palette.
    (Come to think of it, I should really automate that.)

Also, the program doesn't save right sometimes. I finally got the total filesize under the limit and then saved to common 5, loaded up Brawl, and then got a freeze. When I opened up the common 5 file in the program, the filesize was over the limit again and nothing I had did was saved.
    Hmm... not sure what this could be.

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #79 on: August 31, 2013, 02:11:22 PM »

Well, BrawlLib does need to convert them into a different format - one that Brawl can recognize. Making the PNG smaller doesn't always help. But if you're using less than 256 colors, try right-clicking the icon and using Replace; this will show the texture converter, which lets you reduce the number of colors in the palette.
    (Come to think of it, I should really automate that.)

I've since gotten all of the custom stage icons inserted, but now I'm having the same problem making the default Brawl icons smaller in Brawl Box by indexing them. Even though the indexed icons are indeed a smaller filesize, when I replace them in Brawl Box and save, the filesize doesn't decrease. And when I export the images to check the filesize, they're back to the original size.

Might just try to reduce the number of colors in the palette for the custom stage icons in Sage Manager then.

Edit: Well, I figured out the saving problem. What the program does sometimes is instead of overwriting the common5 file on the SD card when saving, it saves a new file just called "system" in the downloads folder. But sometimes it does overwrite the file on the SD card and sometimes it doesn't.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:58:17 PM by ToadKart » Logged

guedesbrawl
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: September 01, 2013, 09:37:49 AM »

I'm pretty sure you can increase the number of characters, but if most of the bytes are 0s and 64s, you should probably copy from the first opponent and paste onto the new one, to be safe.

ok, i downloaded the all-star editor, i used the copy tool to make all the stages like mario's and saved what i did to the file found in the common2 folder.

now... what? i have no idea of what exactly i should do. throw it in the root of my SD card?

i am a total noob to those things, so a more precise explanation would be nice... this includes my other post about fighting 3 characters at once: i have no idea of what you just said...sorry.

Post Merge: September 01, 2013, 02:49:15 PM
    well, i got some help in gamefaqs, but i am stuck.

for a test run, i simply decided to make Mario the stage 1 opponent instead of MGW. I saved the changes to the default.dat that came with the download, and copypasted the common2.pac to the System folder.

Then, i proceeed to boot the game though gecko, but when the mathc begins, there is MGW again!

any ideas of what the problem might be...?
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:49:15 PM by guedesbrawl » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: September 02, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »

I don't know if I've ever gotten it to work with Gecko. You might need to use Riivolution for this.

guedesbrawl
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: September 02, 2013, 12:46:12 PM »

you mean the editor...? Ah come on, i can't use riivolution...

dammit, you should at least warn people about that. i wasted a whole evening trying to make this work for NOTHING. Thank you very much.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: September 04, 2013, 06:49:06 PM »

I added a bunch of features to the Brawl Stage Manager; visit the website (http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager) to see a list. I fixed a bug or two in Costume Manager as well.

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: September 04, 2013, 08:15:02 PM »

Yay, an already great program is made even better. Stage Manager really makes making your own SSS a lot easier. Smiley

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #85 on: September 05, 2013, 11:07:32 PM »

Yo. Liberty. Awesome update to the Stage Manager. I love how you can type in a name and choose the font it uses Grin
    Two suggestions to you, if you can implement them.
    1. If a name is too long, it'll cut off the name. Maybe make it so that when it cuts off, put that text below the top part?
    2. Is it possible to include a feature to save the mu_menumain.pac alongside the sc_selmap? It would save so much time.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #86 on: September 06, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »

Yo. Liberty. Awesome update to the Stage Manager. I love how you can type in a name and choose the font it uses Grin
    Two suggestions to you, if you can implement them.
    1. If a name is too long, it'll cut off the name. Maybe make it so that when it cuts off, put that text below the top part?
    The hard part would be figuring out how long the name has to get before it's too long. Maybe I could use a bitmap-cropping algorithm for that...
    2. Is it possible to include a feature to save the mu_menumain.pac alongside the sc_selmap? It would save so much time.

I could have it update the MiscData[0] in an existing mu_menumain, just by integrating this into the program. I'll probably have it be an option in the menu that you can enable.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #87 on: September 06, 2013, 03:13:09 PM »

I was only asking number two because I have a hard time working that program.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

guedesbrawl
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: September 09, 2013, 03:15:55 PM »

...does the costume manager work with gecko at least?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #89 on: September 09, 2013, 07:20:28 PM »

Costume/Stage/Song Managers should work with anything.

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19
    Print
    Jump to: