Tcll's resource box

Started by DarkPikachu, July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MDL0 template: how would you prefer the data fields??

named according to Nintendo's SDK
named for noobs to understand
here's my program which finds a particular file, in a large slew of files, by matching a string in the file.


import sys, os
p = 0

string = raw_input('Type the string from the file you wish to find: ')

for f in os.listdir(sys.path[0]):
    if len(f.split('.'))>1:
        d = open(f,'rb'); s = d.read(); d.close()
        if s.count(string): print 'found "%s" in file %s'%(string,f); p=1

if not p: print 'could not find "%s" in the files of this directory'%string

raw_input('press Enter to exit...')
quit()

copy the code above and paste it in 'FileFinder.py'

usage:
1: place 'FileFinder.py' in the directory containing the slew of files
2: run (D-Click) 'FileFinder.py' (requires a Python 2x (2.5 at least) installation)
3: when prompted, type the string contained in the file you're looking for.

this currently does not test sub-directories,
and does not accept case mis-matching.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

August 04, 2013, 01:59:22 PM #241 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 02:07:54 PM by DarkPikachu
well, I've told Jack H multiple times, including last night...
if he doesn't fix the resourses now, then you guys'll have yo use my thread from now on. :-\

*table removed, see first post for download*

a prewiew of the template support:



pay no attention to that wrong knock-off on the resources thread.


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

updated the OP including the last pre-release of UMC dev4.5
(downloads look more like the resources page)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

reported: the HexEditPro patch broke (HexEdit crashes)
I'll fix that here in a moment

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 07, 2013, 03:01:22 PM #244 Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:37:32 AM by DarkPikachu
well here's some good and useless info XDD

anyone still remember this old program: :3


yea, I've finally figured out the CMPR format XDD

if anyone wants me to release this viewer, I can,
but it's nothing more than testing the algorithm now. :P

the only good that's in this is for UMC...
to put that simply,
the reason it's taken me sooooo long to fix is because I'm now working on Melee's texture formats,
and needed to get this algorithm working so I'd have a base to go by for the script.

so yes, UMC supports textures now, but the scripts are now being worked on to use them. ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Yes! Please do!

I'd also like some src for it. I think I can add extra support for RGBA8 and IA4.



October 07, 2013, 09:50:08 PM #246 Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:35:58 PM by FitDarkPika00.pcs
lol hold on... I kinda borked the display and need to redo the tiles :P
I don't have a src as a backup to fix it easily ;_;

what happened:
I was trying to fix up the tile functions to make them wotk with the zoom function...
then literally everything went wrong D:

I've got it nearly working the way it was, but yea, the order's messed up...
I'll figure it out and release it soon ;)

the only support needed is the CI# formats.
RGBA8 already works perfectly, and it's a pain to manage. D=
IA4 is also perfected ;3

Post Merge: October 07, 2013, 10:35:58 PM

here we are:
https://gist.github.com/Tcll/6876106#file-reft_viewer-py
everything works (except the new implamentations which are commented out) :)

the src IS the release btw
it's python so there's no need to compile XD

I'm using python 2.7.5, but that was built under 2.5.4 so it's compatible ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Nice to see that this is getting close to supporting textures.


The Dry Boney that needs canon to make sig with sense,
But has a image sig.
*has SD card now*

October 10, 2013, 10:59:07 PM #248 Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:57:59 PM by FitDarkPika00.pcs
lol thanx :)
are you keeping updated with the latest info over at SWF?? ;)
I'm not updating my unofficial program threads so much anymore... heh
(I'll make an update here once things are finalized and such)

I intend to move the thread to my forum once the restoration is complete ;)
I'm setting up the documentation and such there.
(users can report - their experiences with, ideas for, or minor issues on - the functions)
^
- issues and bad experiences will be edited after they are fixed
- new ideas will be edited after they are implamented
(edits are putting the post in a spoiler marked "Fixed", "Improved", or "Implamented")

EDIT: finally fixed the patch in the OP
HexEdit shouldn't crash anymore ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

^ Nope but I barely look through the forums anymore since my sd card broke which was 2 months ago.


The Dry Boney that needs canon to make sig with sense,
But has a image sig.
*has SD card now*

October 12, 2013, 01:24:57 PM #250 Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 01:26:19 PM by FitDarkPika00.pcs
Quote from: N64killer on October 12, 2013, 04:19:51 AM^ Nope but I barely look through the forums anymore since my sd card broke which was 2 months ago.

dangit, that gets me ever time when people do that XDD
I like reversing the sort order of posts bacause:
(1) I don't like to scroll to the bottom of the page
(2) I don't like having to update my fav-link every time the thread goes on a new page
(something the SWF forum developers don't seem to understand)
^ they had the feature before they upgraded to Xenforo >_>

anyways... that sux D:
I know the feeling cause I use MicroSD cards and have 2 broken adapters with 1 last one that's dying...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Sorry about that didn't know forums allow you to read the posts from bottom
to
top


The Dry Boney that needs canon to make sig with sense,
But has a image sig.
*has SD card now*

Quote from: N64killer on October 14, 2013, 02:41:39 AMSorry about that didn't know forums allow you to read the posts from bottom to top

you're not alone ;D
many people have done it :)

this host does,
I think freeforums does
I think proboards used to (v5 doesn't, though it will be implamented)
forumotion doesn't
vBulletin does
Xenforo doesn't (same people who built vBulletin) 9_9

but yea... the oldest post is on the last page ;)
(newest post is ALWAYS on page 1) ^_^
^ I can't get enough of the feature :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 26, 2013, 04:25:10 AM #253 Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:23:39 AM by DarkPikachu
finally figured out the TEVs



so there's some progress on things :P

I'm overviewing the template and making a bunch of corrections to things...
what I called "Shaders" is even incorrect... those are material-local texture settings.
(GX, as of the Wii, doesn't use Shaders, so there's no need for the term to even exist)
^ with the Wii U having a GPU, I'm sure GX will finally use Shaders in some sort of fascion.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

well here's an update to an old post...

in recent news, I just woke up this morning to an email by DropBox...
DropBox has become even more affiliated with the Gov't in their TOS.

that means I can no longer use them because I will have nothing to do with gov't affiliated garbage other than Google and GMail.

I'm swithing my systems, so all of my DropBox links will be going down.

I'm also quitting MF for 4Shared btw, and would reccomend creating an account with them. (all my DB and MF links will become 4S links)
4S is safe if you don't use their priority downloader, and I will note that on every 4S link I post ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.