Tcll's resource box

Started by DarkPikachu, July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MDL0 template: how would you prefer the data fields??

named according to Nintendo's SDK
named for noobs to understand
Sure. I even went and highlighted the error section, as I had accidentally imported a different .obj first.



And I'm certain Blender doesn't really like line strips, as they just import as a group of unconnected vertices.

What I'm suggesting as a workaround, since Brawl does use UV data for even this kind of geometry, is to take the lines that Brawl already uses as edges to standard geometry, and have it write the .obj to have faces (yes, you can have 4-sided faces with .obj) added between where Brawl puts those lines.

In theory, it could work, but I don't know if it would in practice.

October 20, 2012, 09:48:44 PM #211 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:50:51 AM by DarkPikachu
actually...
I didn't think about this until now...

but during conversion to OBJ, advanced features are converted to basic features

face types: (by point count)
1 - point
2 - line (line strips and loops)
3 - triangle (triangle strips and fans)
4 - quad (quad strips)
5+ - polygon

so a line strip with 6 points should be converted to 5 lines...

there may be an error within the conversion that's producing bad results...
I'd have to test this myself >_>

EDIT:
also...
I havn't been working on UMC's GUI lately...
here's why:


my curve aglorithm is off... I know...
and I havn't supported the face-types yet...
I'll get there, soon ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 21, 2012, 10:17:04 AM #212 Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:30:22 AM by Tiberious
Okay, stupid question time then...

Is there any kind of geometry I can change the Alloy's stomach section to in order to get it to show as 'standard' mesh data?

Reason I ask is because I'm still trying to get at the UV data for that part of the mesh. I can't imagine that there wouldn't be anything that would actually keep the information and apply it when there's face data given to it.

eh...

sorry for the let-down, but the UV support in UMC is kinda choppy...
I still don't know how to properly structure materials, textures, shaders, and material extension data...
(I'm not calling them nodes anymore as that's purely defined by blender as a standard for sharing data between materials)
^even though what BJ calls "Shaders" use the same exact data defined in what Blender calls "Material Nodes"

there actually is no exact term that I know of for material extension data...
so I'll just call it that...

anyways, once I support materials properly, I'll then be able to extend the UV data support for it.

there is currently more than 3 pages worth of functions for describing Texture data in OpenGL,
and Nobody wants to tell me of a good structure for supporting all of it.
(reguarding to the advanced OpenGL programmers I'm in contact with) >:O

here's my current structure:
           Material
[ [[Ambient],[Diffuse],[Specular],Alpha], [Texture Structures], [Shader Data], Material Extension ID ]


but if you say the data is reguarding line strips...
I'm not exatly sure how textures would work with that, since there wouldn't be any face data.

mind sending me a pic of what you can get imported :/
(it'll help me out with UMC's results)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 21, 2012, 03:28:09 PM #214 Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 03:29:02 PM by Tiberious
There's nothing at all in the only import that works (to Wings3D).

When I'm talking about importing as 'unconnected vertices', that's the result BrawlBox gives when exporting that object.

I'd figured you would be learning from what it's doing for converting Brawl's format.

When I try importing the .obj UMC3 spits out into Blender, I get the error shown in the image in a previous post.

ok, then I just was misunderstanding that 2nd time :P

the error returned is an index error...


... I'd need to see the data itself, cause that could be a vert, normal, or UV index with no associated data

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

The .obj is here.

Kinda torn on your working on MDL0 import/export. There's already tools for doing this that get bone and weighting data, as well as regular .obj exports. Feels like you'd be reinventing the wheel here.

October 31, 2012, 11:15:43 PM #217 Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:39:15 AM by DarkPikachu
well, I've fixed the OBJ script...

the error:

^blender's OBJ script doesn't support 2D verts

blender24:


blender26:


get the script here:
http://gist.github.com/3990555


as for UMC, I've been working on GUI features, and finally got something working.
I had to completely scrap GUI.py and redo the method handlers and widgets to do it:

^selectionboxes now work

I'm still trying to get a decent font method...
(I want to use TTF files for fonts)

I could easily use a static font, but I'd have to define everything including the characters
(I don't want to define 128 characters by hand)


as for re-inventing the wheel, my program supports it's filetypes by it's scripts.
if you want UMC to support another format, simply write a script for it.

I mean... it isn't called "Universal" for nothing XD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Yep, that did fix it.

Now, the question becomes... is there a way to make it (either by adding the faces manually or via the exporter) create the faces between those lines so that the UV data can be displayed in Blender?

Quote from: Tiberious on November 04, 2012, 05:47:38 PM
Yep, that did fix it.

Now, the question becomes... is there a way to make it (either by adding the faces manually or via the exporter) create the faces between those lines so that the UV data can be displayed in Blender?
wait for dev5 ;)

the MDL0 script now processes UV's along with other things :D

I have SOOO many updates to show ^_^
but I don't have my flash drive :(


sorry I've been gone for so long...
I've had no way of getting to a compy...

that net I was supposed to get just backfired and never worked...
that's all right though, cause I'll get my own net when I move out of this crummy apartment in a few months ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I'm going to create a new thread that relates directly to UMC
so I can clear up space on here for other programs I plan to work on...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

REL module template for HexEdit coming soon.
(once I can upload it)

currently displays as much as brbx.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

updated Hex2Text:
- fixed up the inputs to give you a better understanding
- added a file-open dialog as well as a file-save dialog
NOTE: the dialogs use Tkinter, so you'll have another window :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

April 17, 2013, 09:07:09 PM #223 Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:31:23 PM by DarkPika
if anyone's interested, I'm working on converting Kentalin's BRMDL viewer version 1.43 from C++ to Python

if anyone wants, I can upload my src when I finish :)
(though I expect it to run very slow, because it's still structured like the C++ code)


EDIT:
at all you users out there...

if you want...
since UMC is a HECK of a large project and will take quite a long while to get it up again...

how bout I release my conversion :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

April 27, 2013, 11:09:42 PM #224 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:32:21 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: NaOH on July 15, 2011, 02:48:50 AM
Nobody will, or should at least, give you [censored] for posting multiple times in your own thread.  nice work tcll
well, NaOH...
I've just gotten crap for multi-posting in my own threads...
gawd how the forum has changed -.-*

I ran across that because I thought I've released my REFT builder,
but I guess I didn't since I've just now checked...

I'll have it posted here in a few ;)

EDIT:
nvm...
the file is too long for me to type in :/

looks like you guys'll have to wait a while... -.-*

I could've sworn I've released the zip though :srs:
if I did, and it's on my thread, please quote it :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.