Tcll's resource box

Started by DarkPikachu, July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MDL0 template: how would you prefer the data fields??

named according to Nintendo's SDK
named for noobs to understand
July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 11:49:49 AM by DarkPikachu
sup peeps :D

I'm a python programmer like 404,
I use Python 2.7 since it has more support for python 3x, but isn't as demanding.
(PyOpenGL is also slower for Python 3x)




HexEdit Pro 5.0 - A professional hex editor, built by Andrew, with template support and many more features used for viewing and testing the data structures of a file.
For more information, go to https://github.com/AndrewWPhillips/HexEdit/tree/master/HexEdit
For color-highlighting support download and replace BinaryFileFormat.dtd in the program directory.
Templates I've built for HexEdit Pro 4.0:

DAT (HAL Labs) - coming soon
MDL0 - removed
TEX0 - removed
REFT - removed
REFF - todo
REL - todo

^ these will be merged into a single template for NW4R once the link returns
you'll have to manually apply the template or create symlinks for each filetype because HexEdit doesn't have template mapping functionality

template installation instructions

EDIT:
sorry everything's kinda disappeared, this stuff will return I promise
just been having numerous issues with big corporations screwing me in various ways
I'm working on solutions of my own, so just be patient ;)

as for why I've removed most of the old entries from the table, the sources were either lost or are too old to be of any relevance.
some were also on 4Shared, which is a service I've dropped (along with Mediafire).

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

July 10, 2011, 03:13:23 PM #1 Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:10:00 PM by Tcll
Hex2Text:
this is what I use to format hex copied from HxD into a style suitable for posting.
example is below:

input.txt: (you create)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

output.txt: (generated)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Download:.
you'll have to copy the text and paste it in 'hex2text.py'

I like to create a new text document and simply rename it :3
(rename the extension)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Would you be able to make it so that the addresses on the left are in hex, and also would it be possible to enter a starting address so a person can show where in the file he is talking about? This is a pretty cool program.

July 10, 2011, 03:34:06 PM #3 Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:52:01 PM by Tcll
Quote from: stickman on July 10, 2011, 03:21:11 PMWould you be able to make it so that the addresses on the left are in hex, and also would it be possible to enter a starting address so a person can show where in the file he is talking about? This is a pretty cool program.
hmm... I suppose :)

and for a starting address...
I guess, but rmbr to copy from the beginning of a line,
because of the way it orders the bytes

and thanx :)

EDIT:
for the offset
I'll try to make it to where you don't have to input 0 every time
(just hit enter)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 10, 2011, 03:13:23 PM
Hex2Text:
this is what I use to format hex copied from HxD into a style suitable for posting.
example is below:

input.txt: (you create)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

output.txt: (generated)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Download:.
you'll have to copy the text and paste it in 'hex2text.py'

I like to create a new text document and simply rename it :3
(rename the extension)
Dang, that's nice!

FC: 2191-7379-6272

July 10, 2011, 04:26:54 PM #5 Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:52:12 PM by Tcll
here we are:

inputs:
>>>
current offset: 124
hex offsets? (0 or 1) 1

output:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

int offsets:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

UD'd the link ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Nice! Good job! This will come in handy for later

July 10, 2011, 08:27:15 PM #7 Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 01:39:39 PM by DarkPikachu
if anyone want's to view my progress on my converter,
you can view it here:

UMC

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

good news :af:

I may soon have another alpha release 8)

both local and global vector conversions work as they should,
TMP transform settings don't work yet >_>

and I still need to work on the export GUI for the obj plugin... heh




_______________________________________________________________________________________

well I've finally gotten my obj plugin working as it should be :D

I've only been able to test global vectors on it...
once I UD my MDL0 plugin to the new TMP format I'll net to test the local conversion...

I've got the plugin running at basic performance...
it just converts the primitives to triangles, and doesn't have the transform option yet...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I am oficially making the release of my alpha2 version of my converter :)

this thing doesn't fully convert, but it works alot better than the first alpha
and it supports conversion for Melee DAT files...

anyways, here it is:
http://universal-model-converter-dev-version.googlecode.com/files/UMC_v2.6c_Alpha2.zip

have fun :)

the reason this took so long, is because of the restructure of almost everything...
the converter, the global functions, and the plugins.

the export GUI doesn't work yet, as I need to restructure my converter code to support it
after that, it's only a single function in each plugin that needs to be changed :)
(not nearly as much work as what came to this version)

and I was still unable to fix the multi-reference conversion GUI

again... I'm not the best GUI programmer,
so even the smallest GUI's will be quite a problem for me




also... (along other matters)
I'm not going to edit this post due to:
1: it's a release post about a software
2: it's on my thread (all users should have a little control over their threads)
3: this is my most important program (I'd more likely edit for another lesser program of mine)

people worried about signatures and other minor matters that don't matter, *glares at NZM*
you'd better not say a word, or I'll report you for being a rat and a total dousch to others.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Quote from: LordNOaH on July 15, 2011, 02:48:50 AMNobody will, or should at least, give you [censored] for posting multiple times in your own thread.  nice work tcll
alright, thanx :)
at least now I feel a little more free here...
heh... for a moment I thought this forum was turning into VGLan

and thanx :D

the next alpha release will be able to support transforms,
as I'm working on that right now...
and I should have the GUI's fixed as well ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

BIG NEWS!!! :af:

my MDL0 template is now fully functional, and fast :D

you can get it here:
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

no more errors when out of edit mode 8)

although it still only works on v9 MDL0's >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

hey...
what do you guys think about me starting back up on my REFT viewer??

granted it didn't do everything, and my GUI skills SUCK...
but yea... quote this post to give your opinion :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 28, 2011, 02:41:59 AM
hey...
what do you guys think about me starting back up on my REFT viewer??

granted it didn't do everything, and my GUI skills SUCK...
but yea... quote this post to give your opinion :)
I'll take that as a no-go then...

but I am gonna start working on my own script editor, and logic editor very soon here >:)
(once I finish fixing my windows)
^(my computer logged me off (windows expired))

I just have to install my updates, drivers, and programs, and I'll be set ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.