Tcll's resource box

Started by DarkPikachu, July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MDL0 template: how would you prefer the data fields??

named according to Nintendo's SDK
named for noobs to understand
Quote from: Tcll on July 28, 2011, 02:41:59 AM
hey...
what do you guys think about me starting back up on my REFT viewer??

granted it didn't do everything, and my GUI skills SUCK...
but yea... quote this post to give your opinion :)
I say you should do it :)
The REFT extractor could only extract, but if you could give it a replace function and support for the rest of Tex0 formats (C18?) then that would be great ;)
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Skyground95 on July 30, 2011, 06:18:36 PMI say you should do it :) The REFT extractor could only extract, but if you could give it a replace function and support for the rest of Tex0 formats (C18?) then that would be great ;)
I could work on it I guess >_>

but yea... I'd have to completely rebuild everything dealing with the GUI...

the current GUI waits for your input on what image to display...
once that's given, the index of the image is used to get to the image data,
which is read from the file >_>

if I'm gonna add an export option, I'm gonna need to reference the entire file from a var >_>

only then, I can completely rebuild the file

fact of the matter is it's the easiest format to understand... XD
I could build one right on this post, and I'm on a PS3 XDD
I would have to have my notes on it though... heh >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

now I know why I stopped working on my REFT viewer...
the current method for the GUI wouldn't allow me to really do anything BUT draw the image...

I need a better method, and some MAJOR help with this T_T

but until I can get this thing working,
I'm working on another program to basically do what everyone wants,
with little limitation

REFT_builder
instructions supplied ;)

I can't type too much or I'd give a better description  >_>
stupid PS3 >:O

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

why am I a one man session O.o
at the least I'd expect a few good lucks thank you...

anyways... for an up-turner:
my REFT builder is comming along rather nicely
there's only a few fixable errors keeping me from releasing it...

the most major being a padding error at the end of the string table causing it to not meet the end of the row ... >_>
after that, it's just -16 from all the offsets in the map and it works perfectly :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 02, 2011, 12:30:53 PM
anyways... for an up-turner:
my REFT builder is comming along rather nicely
there's only a few fixable errors keeping me from releasing it...

the most major being a padding error at the end of the string table causing it to not meet the end of the row ... >_>
after that, it's just -16 from all the offsets in the map and it works perfectly :)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

well, I've got some good news on my current REFT viewer ;D
I've just finished the IA4, RGB5A3, and RGBA8 formats,
leaving me woth only 3 more unfinished formats:
CI4
CI8
CMPR

the current bug with the builder is still there DX
(thinking about starting over)

heh... I build the thing when I was nearly asleep,
so yes there's unexplained errors... >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

August 02, 2011, 09:15:04 PM #21 Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:17:49 PM by Skyground95
What did the first REFT extractor do when it found C14/C18 formats? Would it crash or just ignore those image formats?

Quote from: Tcll on August 02, 2011, 12:30:53 PM
why am I a one man session O.o
at the least I'd expect a few good lucks thank you...
Good luck ;)
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Skyground95 on August 02, 2011, 09:15:04 PMWhat did the first REFT extractor do when it found C14/C18 formats? Would it crash or just ignore those image formats? Good luck ;)
well thank you XDD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

August 04, 2011, 10:37:03 PM #23 Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 01:56:15 PM by DarkPikachu
here's a few progress img's:
RGB5A3: (REFT built by hand)


RGBA8: (built with my REFT_ builder)


yes... my builder is completed ;D
I'm writing instructions right now, as well as future plans. :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Awesome! Now I can make my own effect textures ;D
(Will mostly be simple recolors :P )
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

hey...
I'm going to extend the OBJ format with my converter...

anyone willing to help me think of an extension format for bones and weights for the OBJ vertex groups??
(yes, the OBJ format supports vertex groups)

I'm adding bones and weights to the format with my converter,
and I need someone else who knows the format to help me out :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I am releasing my MDL0 node viewer :)
all of the common structures are taken care of...

but yea... if you do manage to find a new structure, please:
if the file is brawl or pokepark related, let me know who it's from.
Otherwize, send me the node file and I will add support ;)

this isn't even good enough to be called a version as there's only a few things supported,
but here it is: http://gist.github.com/1154873
copy the text and paste it into 'node viewer.py' or whatever name you want ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

September 08, 2011, 06:44:31 PM #27 Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:28:33 PM by Tcll
hey...
does anyone have any suggestions for my converter??
like for the GUI and such...

currently planned is you:
-run the program
-open your input and output files
-select your input/output conversion methods (radio buttons)
   skipped if single conversion
-set the output settings in the conversion GUI
   the viewer will update as you click an option
   (showing you the best result you can have with the current settings)
-watch the program as it converts

the viewer currently takes ~16 seconds to update, but everything works as it should ;)
(this is just loading a TMP to preview and then using Kbd shortcuts to change the settings)
^the viewer is not actually implemented yet

I am going to work on refining the GUI building...
instead of calling a single function, and loading a hard-coded GUI
^(which is extremely hard to code)
I'm going to define functions that make building the GUI alot easier ;)
(you'll only have to input the functions and link them together.
instead of putting in every small little detail... D:

just define the width and height of the GUI space you'll use,
and the viewer will show to the right of the pre-defined space, based on the height.
each button function will have it's own name... you'll just define if it exists and where it goes. :)
the functions (being hard coded) will update the viewer if they're defined in your GUI.

if all goes as planned, you shouldn't have to do any logic coding.
all I need to know is plans and ideas from others before I start programming.

yes, this means I'm starting over
(my last release of UMC is as good as it gets with that limited handling method) :P

_____


btw, if you're wondering why this is taking so long, *glances at roo*
it's because of my list of current projects and the current knowledge known about everything:

note: these are all on the same priority so the order doesn't matter.

1.) re-invent the computer using a 4 base number system (my game system)
2.) (follow-up) work on a game able to be processed by that computer ("EXP:824" is the name)
3.) work on a few inventions involving troll science 8)
4.) for the brawl community:
   -work on my converter
   -work on plans for my logic editor (lightly touching them currently) :P
5.) for the melee community:
   -work on my converter (that's it) :P
6.) personnal and other needs:
   -work on refining my own file formats
   -gain knowledge on programming a better 3D viewer (using classes and defining a better structure)
   -gain more knowledge on how computers are structured and how games work on them
   (for better defining performance on my own system)
   -work on my converter :P
   -work on SSBRotF (a series I've been longing to work on (need my converter))

EDIT:
forgot to mention that there will also be an ini file for setting certain specs of the converter.
I'll need alot of ideas to put into this, so let me know what you think of ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

How does your program works? When I download everything, all I see are hex numbers, and I don't know a damn thing about that...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 08, 2011, 11:13:48 PMHow does your program works? When I download everything, all I see are hex numbers, and I don't know a damn thing about that...
lol
which program??

are you talking about my hex2text?? :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.