Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SaveGame Manager GX?  (Read 2012 times)
the98pika
Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 13, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »

I want to use SaveGame Manager GX Homwebrew app but i heard it could brick your wii. On the site it says:

Warning! 
    This homebrew makes permanent changes to your Wii's flash memory (NAND) and should be used with caution

I don't want to brick my wii but i want to use this app... Is there anyway i can prevent (Or just what to be careful of) From my wii to be brick?

Thanks in advance.

-

Yoshij1had
    Expert Kitten

Hell yeah, WEAPONS!

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »

well, i have save manager GX and it hasn't done anything to my wii. But if you really want to install it, you always want to make sure that you have bootmii (or some kind of back up program on), it gives you the option of loading directly to the homebrew channel when you turn on your wii, so if you minorly brick it you still have a chance to save it. (pending on what you did to it, anyway)

remember, you don't have to get it... so get at your own risk if the site says it's not safe. Also, don't do it if you don't feel comfortable doing it, it probably won't end well D:

visit my DeviantArt: http://yoshij1had.deviantart.com/

You'll probably regret it, just like the polar bears did  when Old Man Jenkins fell down little Timmy's well while Lassie was out shopping for clothes...

RevengeHunter
    Mega Kitten

Happy Sasuke is happy

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 03:32:47 PM »

It's not a dangerous app, the warning is there because it changes your Wii's NAND, which is in fact the internal memory. Because the app only affects your savegames (stored in the Wii's memory), it will never brick your Wii. The worst thing that could happen is corrupted savefiles. But like Yoshi said, it's never a bad thing to have some form of brick protection Smiley

the98pika
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 03:49:43 PM »

well, i have save manager GX and it hasn't done anything to my wii. But if you really want to install it, you always want to make sure that you have bootmii (or some kind of back up program on), it gives you the option of loading directly to the homebrew channel when you turn on your wii, so if you minorly brick it you still have a chance to save it. (pending on what you did to it, anyway) remember, you don't have to get it... so get at your own risk if the site says it's not safe. Also, don't do it if you don't feel comfortable doing it, it probably won't end well D:
    Thanks i'll do that for back up  Smiley

It's not a dangerous app, the warning is there because it changes your Wii's NAND, which is in fact the internal memory. Because the app only affects your savegames (stored in the Wii's memory), it will never brick your Wii. The worst thing that could happen is corrupted savefiles. But like Yoshi said, it's never a bad thing to have some form of brick protection Smiley
    Oh so that is the warning for that's good news then thank you  Smiley

-

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: