Help Needed In Order For A Future Update!

Started by That BattleToad PSA Guy, July 17, 2011, 06:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

As you know, on My "Jenny and Misty" hack, Kat's Ponytail and Both the girl's scarfs are visable. I tried removing them for a future update. I set Kat's Ponytail numbers to 0, and it went away. That's not the problem. The problem is this:



When I set the girl's scarfs to 0, this happened. Yet for some reason, it looks perfectly fine in BrawlBox.

Will somebody please explain to me what happened and when I need to do?

It would be much appreciated and I will credit you in the next update for this hack.
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

*Sigh*

Bump.
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Man be patient, you only posted this about 3 hours ago. :\
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

July 17, 2011, 11:28:16 PM #3 Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:29:53 PM by YoshiKartWii
on the scarfs,

try (in Paint.NET or something OTHER than Paint)

erase the texture for the scarfs,
and see if it works,

as for the ponytail

if it has a seperate texture file,
or image if you want to say,
swap it out for something COMPLETELY invisible

try it,

if it works, yay! ^_^

if not, :( i'm not sure if i can help then sorry

My ID everywhere: Yosh1Kart - 3DS FC: 2707-2122-5151

Quote from: YoshiKartWii on July 17, 2011, 11:28:16 PMon the scarfs, try (in Paint.NET or something OTHER than Paint) erase the texture for the scarfs, and see if it works, as for the ponytail if it has a seperate texture file, or image if you want to say, swap it out for something COMPLETELY invisible try it, if it works, yay! ^_^ if not, :( i'm not sure if i can help then sorry

That's...Kinda the problem.

I don't have Paint.NET, just regular paint. I use another program called "GameMaker" for my texutre editing (although it's default purpose was to make games).

Nevertheless, I already tried to make them invisible. When I did this, in-game, they still are visable in a black formation. Kind of like when I made Luigi's Hat invisible in a post I made a while ago.
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Quote from: Ralph Bighead on July 18, 2011, 12:46:06 AMThat's...Kinda the problem. I don't have Paint.NET, just regular paint. I use another program called "GameMaker" for my texutre editing (although it's default purpose was to make games). Nevertheless, I already tried to make them invisible. When I did this, in-game, they still are visable in a black formation. Kind of like when I made Luigi's Hat invisible in a post I made a while ago.
well,

you can search Paint.NET if you want to try it out,

but i guess i'm not much help now ;D :(

My ID everywhere: Yosh1Kart - 3DS FC: 2707-2122-5151

Thanks for trying to, though!

Does anyone else have an idea or clue of what I can do?
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Not quite sure if it's your exact problem, per se, but don't scale anything to 0.

Try a small, nonzero number, like 1E-20 or something and see if it works.

If not, disregard this post.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on July 20, 2011, 06:44:59 PMNot quite sure if it's your exact problem, per se, but don't scale anything to 0. Try a small, nonzero number, like 1E-20 or something and see if it works. If not, disregard this post.

I use BrawlBox, so I can't type in letters.
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Well of course you use BrawlBox. >_>

Just type 0.00000000000000000001

It'll automatically snap to 1E-20.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on July 20, 2011, 07:46:52 PMWell of course you use BrawlBox. >_> Just type 0.00000000000000000001 It'll automatically snap to 1E-20.

Thanks!
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

OH and for future refrence , black in brawlbox means transparent in game and vis -versa. At least that's what I've heard.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12143.0

ya want extra moves on ya psa check out my tutorial.

Best used with riivolution.

July 21, 2011, 10:10:43 PM #12 Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:21:32 PM by Ralph Bighead
Quote from: ADJSonic on July 21, 2011, 08:16:46 PMOH and for future refrence , black in brawlbox means transparent in game and vis -versa. At least that's what I've heard.

Hmmm...

(Goes Off To Experiment)

EDIT: I don't think that's the case. Misty has black parts on her model, but they are not transparent in-game.
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Quote from: ADJSonic on July 21, 2011, 08:16:46 PM
OH and for future refrence , black in brawlbox means transparent in game and vis -versa. At least that's what I've heard.

This is incorrect.  Individual polygons may or may not be able to go transparent via altering the color in Adobe/Gimp/etc.  If they are able to you have to erase the area you want to disappear and save as a .png (as that's what everything's saved as in Brawl anyways.)  If they are not able to go transparent you have to either hex them out or shrink them via bones.
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph