Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issues with a background swap  (Read 885 times)
D.L. Yomegami
Advanced Kitten

That guy who uses way too many commas. ;P

View Profile Awards
« on: July 17, 2011, 09:05:16 PM »

I don't think I've posted anywhere else since I joined...anyway, onto the issue.

So recently, I came up with the idea to put a background from an SSE stage over FD. Specifically, I wanted to put the background from the area where the door to Tabuu is on FD, since no such stage exists in the Vault as of yet and I thought it'd look spiffy.

My steps to accomplish this:
1. Find the SSE stage in question.
2. Go into that stage's ModelData[0], delete the model for the platform, and then export that ModelData.
3. Go into the stage's ModelData[151] and export it (since it apparently handles the opening door, which is an effect I wanted to happen at the start of the match).
4. Export all relevant TextureData.
5. Export the SceneData.
6. Go into the file for FD and remove all extraneous textures.
7. Export the model that handles PT positioning, and then replace its ModelData[1] with the Tabuu Door ModelData[0], replace the ModelData[101] with the ModelData[151] from the Tabuu Door, and then re-add the PT positioning model.
7. Replace the Scene Data with the one from the SSE Stage.

Then I save, add the new stage onto my SD card, and load it up in-game.

The background went from looking like this...
...to looking like this.

Besides the rectangle thing, nothing else in the FD background was animated. And before I just restored the ModelData[101] to its default state (which is the stage that made it into the picture), the door wound up in the middle of the stage rather than in the background like it was supposed to be. Needless to say, something got lost in translation.

I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong here. Is there another method that one's supposed to use for SSE stage-related matters? Did I pick the wrong stage to do a background swap with? Or am I simply being an idiot and missing something obvious?

The stage itself can be downloaded here so that someone can take a look at it if necessary.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: