The Mother of all Samus Hacks - New Animations! See Pg. 91 Reply #1363

Started by Gamma Ridley, July 23, 2011, 04:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Would you want a sound packet made using Samus's voice from Other M?

Yes
16 (76.2%)
No
1 (4.8%)
Using voice effects from ZSS would be better and much easier
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Hm... That maybe because I left the code for the throw collision...

I'll change that, I wanted to see if the animation worked. Btw, did the Grapple Beam show up during the N-Air?
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 25, 2011, 11:59:16 PM
Hm... That maybe because I left the code for the throw collision...

I'll change that, I wanted to see if the animation worked. Btw, did the Grapple Beam show up during the N-Air?
Ya it's still there and looks fine.

Still there? I just added it!

Btw, how does the move look overall? With the grapple beam and all!
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

July 26, 2011, 12:07:05 AM #243 Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:17:19 AM by Weyard
Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 26, 2011, 12:05:34 AM
Still there? I just added it!

Btw, how does the move look overall? With the grapple beam and all!
Dunno. I didn't actually see it. Aether just relayed it to me after he tested it because he isn't on his laptop right now. I'll go check it myself now. The freeze might have just been random for all I know.

EDIT: Disregard everything I said about the n-air before. No idea what Aether was talking about.

The Forward Air is working perfect.

The N-air isn't freezing every time.
The whip/grapple beam is NOT appearing. Repeat, NOT appearing.
An infinite graphic effect appears on the gun, but the beam itself doesn't show up. This effect could be the whip all bunched up into a ball, I'm not sure.
The infinite graphic effect is present on the tip of the gun until you use a grab move on the ground. At that point it disappears.

After using it about 10-20 times, it froze again.

I only used it once the first time. I saw blue so i assumed the beam was there. Second time testing it, you can see that the beam IS NOT there. Just an infinite gfx which may or may not be the beam. The gfx stays until you use a grab on the ground. At the end of the animation she turns the other direction, so you need to set it so she really turns at the end of it, like Marth's back air.

After using it about 20 times i got another freeze, not sure why though.

July 26, 2011, 12:31:33 AM #245 Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:44:50 AM by Raikiri_Blade
Hmm... even more interesting...

I'll look through it...

Edit: The turn around is because I copied the back throw which makes Samus turn around. I'll fix that.

Edit2:
Try this out.
http://www.mediafire.com/?6x7b8py87afrnu1
check out the neutral air only. Tell me what happens and what it looks like.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

July 26, 2011, 12:47:10 AM #246 Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:53:54 AM by Weyard
N-air works now.

The hitbox is awesome. It is RIGHT on the beam itself.
The beam goes pretty far ahead of you at the middle of the animation so it is somewhat broken now if you were to learn it's timing. Overall it looks pretty good right now.

HOWEVER, if you short hop it and hit the ground before the animation ends, the infinite beam effect is still on the tip of the gun until you grab an opponent.

The damage and knockback seem to be a little high right now. Might wanna lower them.
Oh and there is a screen shaking effect somewhere in the attack. It makes it seem like it's hitting a lot harder than it is. That probably needs to be removed.

Sure. Glad to see it works properly.

And I can fix the landing w/ grapple issue. I have to look at the CatchAir code.

and yeah, the knockback is from the Z-air attack. So i'll adjust that. Want it a low stun like Neutral A? Or Side Tilt(The anglable kick)?
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Dunno. Gamma should probably be the one to decide on the damage/knockback.
We should strive for balance above all else.

-

I also got a freeze during grabbing. That's probably just because it doesn't have any actual throws right now.

And that it thinks that it's using a grapple beam when there's no article to generate from. (I removed the generate article. I'll fix that once Aether can get the grab stuff done.)

Anyways, that's it for tonight. Be back on tomorrow.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

k. I'm about to eat so I wouldn't be able to test anything else for an hour or so anyway.

Ok.

So.

7 pages.

Hm.

>_>

Can someone fill me in on what we have done, what needs fixing, and what is yet to be done?

And what should I do?

I just read through all seven pages, but I would appreciate a quick summary. XD

Also

I have the next three days off of work

So

I'm available to do some work. :]

Summary:

Neutral Air is finished with a working hitbox. The only problem is that it keeps the graphic effect sometimes.

Forward Air has a place holder move in and is working perfectly. (using the old neutral air Kick)

All crouch animations are now working with and without item-in-hand.

We still need crawl implemented via code and an animation to fit it.

Grab/throw is no longer functioning for some reason. It sometimes causes freezes. This is on hold I think.

Aether is still working on grab/pummel animations.

The beep boop taunt still shows the gun opening up and spinning.

I started on the vertex. I did some work on polygon 0 but that's it so far.

That's about all I can remember.

As for animations, just start on a new move I guess. Everything we were working on last night is basically finished right?

Quote from: Weyard on July 26, 2011, 02:20:13 AM
Forward Air has a place holder move in and is working perfectly. (using the old neutral air Kick)

Actually, ZSS's forward air looks pretty good on Samus as well.

Just throwing that out there.

Also, I suppose I can fix up the Beep Boop taunt. (I love how we're still calling it that.)

And if we are still using the Missiles for the Side Tilt and Smash, I guess I could port those over and fix them up as well.