Give characters pre-set outline! :O

Started by SmashClash, August 01, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

With this tutorial you can make characters have a pre-set outline which is what characters like Viewtiful Joe and Dragonball Z characters have in games.

http://www.bluesfear.com/tutorials/3Dcellshading.php

It's on the last Cell-Shading part.

This wouldn't work in brawl. It seems like a 3ds max only thing.

has anyone tried this?
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

August 01, 2011, 11:49:18 PM #3 Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:07:25 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: MANSTA8 on August 01, 2011, 11:11:21 PM
This wouldn't work in brawl. It seems like a 3ds max only thing.

You can do this for Brawl, using a black textured object that is slightly larger than the mesh itself, with its normals facing inward only. (Nel's face has an outline, and I'm pretty sure that this is why).

This tutorial might work in Brawl when shaders are figured out completely and if dae models even support this.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 01, 2011, 11:49:18 PMYou can do this for Brawl, using a black textured object that is slightly larger than the mesh itself, with its normals facing inward only. (Nel's face has an outline, and I'm pretty sure that this is why). This tutorial might work in Brawl when shaders are figured out completely and if dae models even support this.
I saw the Shenron model has an outline.
Ok, BlackJax96, when the time comes maybe you could help. Looks like it'll be a while then... :/


Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 02, 2011, 02:25:06 AM
You never know :P
Yeah, I know, I was just being "safe to say".
Other answer: Hype.