Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 167
Author Topic: Awards - Full List, Claims, Updates  (Read 671622 times)
SJS
Clastic Sandtastic
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #690 on: December 10, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »

It was directed more at that "doing requests in December" thing. Hence the happy people and Christmas colors.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Dot
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic King for a Day Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #691 on: December 10, 2011, 02:51:44 PM »

oh that

that could work too

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
    PM if you add?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #692 on: December 10, 2011, 02:52:43 PM »

Looks nice!  Though I'm suprised the painfully obvious idea of a Santa hat for the KC-MM Secret Santa wasn't posed XD

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #693 on: December 10, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »

Can be used for anything from "Thanks for doing my request" or "Thanks for doing my job" or "Thanks for nothing"

Thanks for nothing award.
    Awarded to those who donate money to kcmm?

Thanks for doing my job award.
    Awarded to the local mods?
     Awesome Face

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #694 on: December 10, 2011, 03:01:51 PM »

Thanks for doing my job award.
    Awarded to the local mods?
     Awesome Face

This will never happen.  The admins and gms don't get any awards for being staff members (founders do though) so local mods shouldn't get any.

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

« Reply #695 on: December 10, 2011, 03:07:43 PM »

maybe for having more than 10 collabed hacks?

I liked the idea of "thanks for nothing" more.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #696 on: December 10, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »

Thanks for nothing award.Awarded to those who donate money to kcmm?
    There is an award for that already. Unless you mean different awards for different amounts of money.

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #697 on: December 10, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »

This will never happen.  The admins and gms don't get any awards for being staff members (founders do though) so local mods shouldn't get any.

There is an award for that already. Unless you mean different awards for different amounts of money.

Yep, that's why I was super cereal about it... Roll Eyes

We should have a troll face smiley, it would be useful in these situations so that people get the joke.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #698 on: December 10, 2011, 03:13:18 PM »

I like the idea of that being a "thanks for doing requests" award.  It certainly fits it quite well.

Barring that, "thanks for nothing" would be hilarious.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #699 on: December 10, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »

We should have a troll face smiley, it would be useful in these situations so that people get the joke.
    I'll pass on that suggestion. Don't want to make KCMM into a SCHC 2.0 (aka "Stack Smash boards").

But yeah, I like that design for the "request" award.

Not to sound like a butt or anything, but I'll make designs once the ideas are final. I can't work without solid foundation. I'm not THAT creative XD
    Well, for the "Best hack of a character", how about SDoom's suggestion ?

And for the "Collector" one, how about something like a pile of badges, or some guy juggling with badges ?
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 03:52:01 PM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #700 on: December 10, 2011, 03:29:50 PM »

Yep, that's why I was super cereal about it... Roll Eyes

Goddangyoucleverpersonyou Azn

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

« Reply #701 on: December 10, 2011, 08:36:52 PM »

And for the "Collector" one, how about something like a pile of badges, or some guy juggling with badges ?

Only if we call it the "Towering pillar of pins"

after this:
    http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Towering_pillar_of_hats

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #702 on: December 11, 2011, 12:31:46 AM »

More award ideas =D

Fanboy Award:  When someone has 15+ hacks dedicated to ONE series ( Dragon ball, Sonic, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy) I think those are the main 4 on here.  Songs should not count as one full hack though, maybe 50+ songs from one series to get it.   Also Sonic recolors dont count as a sonic series hack (no OC sonic hacks like sonic with gangster attire. same goes for pokemon hacks no gangster pikachus)

Hipster award:  Since brawl is too mainsteam they prefer to play melee. Anyone with 15+ melee hacks in their vault should get this.  (not actual hacks for melee. Hacks that are for brawl to make it melee styled.)

Instant Fame Award:  Awarded to anyone who gets to 500+ downloads on the "Most Popular Hacks" list.  

Persistent Award: Awarded to those who have 5+ revamps of the same character in their vault.  (so if someone has Rayman, Rayman v2, Rayman v3, Rayman v4 and Rayman v5 in their vault and they are all made by the same user they get the award)

Constructive Award:  Awarded to those who provide helpful feedback to other users' hacks in their threads. You cannot nominate yourself for this award. The Owner of the thread needs to nominate you to get it. That way you'll know you actually helped someone out with their hacks.

Supporter Award:    Awarded to anyone who has 5+ Pins from the "Support" Category

Also... heres some inspiration JSJ..

Holiday Spirit; Doing a request in December.

Ninja; TBA-

Little King; Having a "Top Downloaded for one Character"

Mooch; Having X D/Ls for a recolor of someone elses hack.

Pin Geek; Having X Awards.

Hiptser; Having 15+ Melee styled hacks.

Huge Star; Acheiving 500+ D/Ls on the "Most Popular Hacks" List.

Fanboy; Having 15+ hacks from one series.

Persistant;  Having 5+ Revamps of the same character in your vault.

Constructive; Having the creator of a thread you posted in nominate you for your helpful critismn in their thread.

Supporter; Having 5+ Pins from the "Support" Category.
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 03:05:57 PM by StarWaffle » Logged

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #703 on: December 11, 2011, 04:02:16 AM »

More award ideas =D

Fanboy Award:  When someone has 15+ hacks dedicated to ONE series ( Dragon ball, Sonic, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy) I think those are the main 4 on here.  Songs should not count as one full hack though, maybe 50+ songs from one series to get it.   Also Sonic recolors dont count as a sonic series hack (no OC sonic hacks like sonic with gangster attire. same goes for pokemon hacks no gangster pikachus)

Hipster award:  Since brawl is too mainsteam they prefer to play melee. Anyone with 15+ melee hacks in their vault should get this.  (not actual hacks for melee. Hacks that are for brawl to make it melee styled.)

Instant Fame Award:  Awarded to anyone who gets to 500+ downloads on the "Most Popular Hacks" list.  

Persistent Award: Awarded to those who have 5+ revamps of the same character in their vault.  (so if someone has Rayman, Rayman v2, Rayman v3, Rayman v4 and Rayman v5 in their vault and they are all made by the same user they get the award)

Constructive Award:  Awarded to those who provide helpful feedback to other users' hacks in their threads. You cannot nominate yourself for this award. The Owner of the thread needs to nominate you to get it. That way you'll know you actually helped someone out with their hacks.

Supporter Award:    Awarded to anyone who has 5+ Pins from the "Support" Category

Also... heres some inspiration JSJ..
    Holiday Spirit; Doing a request in December.

Ninja; TBA-

Little King; Having a "Top Downloaded for one Character"

Mooch; Having X D/Ls for a recolor of someone elses hack.

Pin Geek; Having X Awards.

Hiptser; Having 15+ Melee styled hacks.

Huge Star; Acheiving 500+ D/Ls on the "Most Popular Hacks" List.

Fanboy; Having 15+ hacks from one series.

Persistant;  Having 5+ Revamps of the same character in your vault.

Constructive; Having the creator of a thread you posted in nominate you for your helpful critismn in their thread.

Supporter; Having 5+ Pins from the "Support" Category.

- Not a fan of Mooch.  I like the suggestion of what it would be, it's just the concept of the award itself.  I don't think people should be rewarded for doing something like a recolour/s.  RAGE is different because that (in my opinion) takes an odd level of skill to have a hack only get 10 downloads in a year.  But anyone could do some stupid Shadow recolour, claim it to be "True Perfect Shadow" and get a fair amount of downloads.

- Like Pin Geek.  I think it should be maybe 10 awards that you get Pin Geek at.  I know Beyond has 10 awards, not sure about anyone else though.  I wonder if there's a list of rankings for who has the most awards?

- Hipster aka the KTH and AGFanProduction award.  It would be laughably trivial and light hearted.  I quite like it.

- Huge Star is almost impossible to get.  I haven't even achieved it with any of my PSAs and my PSAs are some of the most top downloaded hacks on the vault.  The highest I've achieved I believe is around 300 or so.  Wouldn't BlackJax be the only one to get this award because of Brawlbox 0.65?  I know you posted the link to the vertex school and that got loads of downloads, but would that really count in this case? 

Furthermore, it's a pretty hard one to record, since the Most Popular Hacks is changing literally every day.

- Fanboy would be another quite good one.  Though I feel that along with this, there should be one for being diverse and having hacks that span from many different series. 

- Persistent is another kind of tricky one.  I quite like it, but at the same time what's to stop people just making some insignificant change to their hack and calling it a revamp just to get the award?

- Love the idea for Constructive.  Just a great idea and the badge itself would look awesome.

- Supporter also seems like a nice idea.  Basically the same as the Pin Geek.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #704 on: December 11, 2011, 04:21:34 AM »

Fanboy Award
    I kinda liked the idea, until I saw the recolor part. Now to me, it sounds a bit complicated to distinguish between actual sonic hacks (Sonic with his SA2B battle attire) and just "fan attires".
    Aren't people with plenty Sonic recolors supposed to be fanboys, anyways ? .-.

Hipster award
    Kinda similar to the previous one, but sure, sounds about as right to me, if people like the idea.

Instant Fame Award
    Now, this one is a bit of a tough nut. The "Most Popular Hacks" was always excluded from the awards for a simple reason : it's moving way too fast. I'd need to look at it daily to make sure I don't miss anyone, which is something I generally don't do.
    However, if I can get a "volunteer assistant", someone who is already checking the Vault daily by himself, and who could report on the hacks with XXX+ DLS/day, then sure, sounds like a great idea. We could even go with higher/lower distinctions if it's working well.
    Also, as SDoom stated, 500 might be a bit high ...

Persistent Award
    I honestly don't remember anyone uploading so many revamps, except possibly that Rayman, so I'm not sure about that one. It would also require me to browse a LOT more BV galleries than any other award.

Constructive Award
    Sounds pretty simple. Adopted.

Supporter Award
    As of now, nobody could get that award except for Kit (if she suddenly re-hosted every game server), Random, Teady MKII and Vile Teady (our founders). There just aren't enough Support awards right now.

I like all of your suggestions for design, though. Smiley
    Although we could use this for the persistatn Hacker, as well.

- Like Pin Geek. I think it should be maybe 10 awards that you get Pin Geek at. I know Beyond has 10 awards, not sure about anyone else though.  I wonder if there's a list of rankings for who has the most awards?

I don't think there's one. But 10 pins is way too much. I'm pretty sure only Beyond would get it, and the goal of pins is to distribute it to people. Either 5 or 6 (the number starting from which some of your awards are hidden from view) should be enough, I believe. Smiley

EDIT : The Persistant, Hipster and Fanboy award will probably have an additional condition of minimum number of hacks. Like, having posted at least 26 hacks (2 pages of gallery). Otherwise, I'd have to browse ALL the galleries in the Vault to give those, and it would be way too time-consuming.
    « Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:31:59 AM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Pages:  1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 167
    Print
    Jump to: