Awards - Full List, Claims, Updates

Started by Miacis, August 08, 2011, 10:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm not sure if this is the right topic to say this, but...

Might I suggest an award for helping people with their Hacking Problems?

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on November 13, 2012, 06:21:45 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right topic to say this, but...

Might I suggest an award for helping people with their Hacking Problems?

That sounds like something you'd have to be nominated for. The last nomination based award was Constructive, and people stopped nominating pretty much the day after it was made.

Maybe you could expand the Constructive criteria to include this instead? It'd save you all from having to set up another Pin to soon be forgotten.


Quote from: Spex130 on November 13, 2012, 06:49:04 PM
That sounds like something you'd have to be nominated for. The last nomination based award was Constructive, and people stopped nominating pretty much the day after it was made.

Maybe you could expand the Constructive criteria to include this instead? It'd save you all from having to set up another Pin to soon be forgotten.
Constructive =/= Helpful.

I think this would fall more on Helping Hand.

But the Helping Hand award is for those people who made a certain amount of Tutorials isn't it?

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on November 13, 2012, 09:00:19 PM
But the Helping Hand award is for those people who made a certain amount of Tutorials isn't it?
For 5 tutorials yeah.

There is no award on helping people cause you'd have to be nominated, it did not work last time. I've helped people, and if there was an award I'd doubt they'll nominate me, maybe one but he would need to know about the award. And I wouldn't want to ask people to nominate me, that way it'd seem people only help cause of the award. Not sure if I explained my opinion but I don't think that award would work out well.

November 14, 2012, 08:37:43 AM #1821 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:44:12 AM by Anivernage
Quote from: Iwvi on November 14, 2012, 12:29:32 AM
There is no award on helping people cause you'd have to be nominated, it did not work last time. I've helped people, and if there was an award I'd doubt they'll nominate me, maybe one but he would need to know about the award. And I wouldn't want to ask people to nominate me, that way it'd seem people only help cause of the award. Not sure if I explained my opinion but I don't think that award would work out well.
If you give me a weapon and a list of the people you helped..... they will nominate you in less than you imagine :>.>:

Btw indeed but i have an idea.
instead of nominate...how many times (X times), you reply on a Help thread(not for asking of course) Kinda like Warm Welcomer award.


But...isuppose the answer to my idea is a no... >_>
But if my Warning award idea got true guess this one can get too...lol

Quote from: Anivernage on November 14, 2012, 08:37:43 AMBtw indeed but i have an idea. Instead of nominate...how many times (X times), you reply on a Help thread(not for asking of course) Kinda like Warm Welcomer award.
But...isuppose the answer to my idea is a no... >_>
It's not a "no", but more like "Okay, sure, but how?"
We obviously can't dedicate someone to browsing the whole of the help boards to check all of the helpful posts.
And an automatic script cannot really differenciate between a helpful post, and one requesting for such help.

The Warm Welcomer one doesn't make that difference. It just counts the posts made in Introductions in general. So you could technically get it by never welcoming anyone, then introducing yourself 100 times, or spamming the hell out of your own intro thread. Which practically never happens.

Though, tbh I'm not sure if the number of people regularly asking for help would skew the results that much. I guess I'll just query a Top 100 of "Most posts in Help forums" and see how many people in there are more helpers than helped ones. If there's enough, we'll make the award. :)
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

November 18, 2012, 03:57:58 PM #1823 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:51:35 PM by YoshiKartWii
2 things I love about that Heart Container

1. The design (obviously cause it's epic)
2. So many people have it :)

My ID everywhere: Yosh1Kart - 3DS FC: 2707-2122-5151

November 19, 2012, 08:52:24 AM #1824 Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:55:00 AM by Rеd
Is the ninja award lost once you break 1000 posts after you're already gotten it?

Also... when do I finally get my Restorer award (well, it would be the silver Rising one now)? I feel kinda awkward asking for it a second time (almost decided against it), but it's been nearly two months now. :O
It's not really that big of a deal, but just curious.

Quote from: Rеd on November 19, 2012, 08:52:24 AM
Is the ninja award lost once you break 1000 posts after you're already gotten it?

Also... when do I finally get my Restorer award (well, it would be the silver Rising one now)? I feel kinda awkward asking for it a second time (almost decided against it), but it's been nearly two months now. :O
First one is you still have it..i still have it lol
Second one idk lol
Quote from: Miacis on November 14, 2012, 01:09:13 PM
It's not a "no", but more like "Okay, sure, but how?"
We obviously can't dedicate someone to browsing the whole of the help boards to check all of the helpful posts.
And an automatic script cannot really differenciate between a helpful post, and one requesting for such help.

The Warm Welcomer one doesn't make that difference. It just counts the posts made in Introductions in general. So you could technically get it by never welcoming anyone, then introducing yourself 100 times, or spamming the hell out of your own intro thread. Which practically never happens.

Though, tbh I'm not sure if the number of people regularly asking for help would skew the results that much. I guess I'll just query a Top 100 of "Most posts in Help forums" and see how many people in there are more helpers than helped ones. If there's enough, we'll make the award. :)
Great!

Quote from: Rеd on November 19, 2012, 08:52:24 AM
Is the ninja award lost once you break 1000 posts after you're already gotten it?
Nah, you can't lose it once you've gotten it, unlike the Heart Pieces ones.

QuoteAlso... when do I finally get my Restorer award (well, it would be the silver Rising one now)? I feel kinda awkward asking for it a second time (almost decided against it), but it's been nearly two months now. :O
It's not really that big of a deal, but just curious.
I'll pester SJS a bit about it. He's the one in charge of the BV Community Support thread. :P
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

The Ninja award is beyond epic to me. I love the idea, even more the design.

Its a shame its impossible for me to get.

Quote from: Rеd on November 19, 2012, 08:52:24 AM
Is the ninja award lost once you break 1000 posts after you're already gotten it?

Also... when do I finally get my Restorer award (well, it would be the silver Rising one now)? I feel kinda awkward asking for it a second time (almost decided against it), but it's been nearly two months now. :O
It's not really that big of a deal, but just curious.
Quote from: Miacis on November 19, 2012, 11:01:10 AM
I'll pester SJS a bit about it. He's the one in charge of the BV Community Support thread. :P

I'll get to it soon enough. It gets pushed to the back burner a lot.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: パンドラのハート on November 13, 2012, 09:15:21 PM
For 5 tutorials yeah.
O:
I have 5 tutorials and i don't have that pin ;P
Keep studying the greats honey, I'm one of them.
KCMM Alumn.