Wii System Menu 4.3 (HBC Updated!)

Started by Vyse, September 29, 2009, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Quote from: ItalianStallion on September 30, 2009, 09:19:29 PM
Quote from: STUFF2o on September 30, 2009, 08:57:53 PM
I'm on 4.1 because it didn't delete my HBC. I only upgraded from 4.0 because I want Majora's Mask.

wat do u mean? i have majora's mask and im on 3.2u lol
I needed 4.0 to get access to the Shop Channel. But it might be that MM came out before the newer Shop Channel, or you just got a .wad.


Quote from: STUFF2o on October 01, 2009, 12:49:42 AM
Quote from: ItalianStallion on September 30, 2009, 09:19:29 PM
Quote from: STUFF2o on September 30, 2009, 08:57:53 PM
I'm on 4.1 because it didn't delete my HBC. I only upgraded from 4.0 because I want Majora's Mask.

wat do u mean? i have majora's mask and im on 3.2u lol
I needed 4.0 to get access to the Shop Channel. But it might be that MM came out before the newer Shop Channel, or you just got a .wad.

Shop Channel, and IOS61 installer is now out, you know.
(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
(8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
(8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

Quote from: SKLLedOne on September 30, 2009, 11:31:34 PM
another question:

If Nintendo comes out with an OS that works for us in the future, will we be able to skip past 4.2 and strait to the good one?

thats a very good question sir. im guessing 4.3 will also fcuk up ur wii and delete homebrew.

Well for those who don't know yet, since my Homebrew Channel updated, I went ahead and decided to do the Wii update myself.

Not surprisingly, Homebrew stayed once the update completed.

So I think it's ok to install the wii update now.
(Though I still do not suggest turning off the power during said update)

It might be "OK," but there's no reason to do it.

If you don't desperately need access to the shop channel, don't update, because all you're doing is risking a brick.

OMFG GUY I UPDATED HOW DO I GET HOMEBREW BACK FOR 4.2....Help....xD I got that message from a guy in my clan...>.> so yea I heard smash stack works on getting homebrew on 4.2 but I haven't tested it

There's an IOS61, and shop installer app out if you want to access the shop channel.
(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
(8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
(8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

sooo i herd that 4.2 wont delete HBC but itll mess up preloader and bootmii so its not recommended.

BUT what worries me are the new games coming later in the future (NSMBW, Metroid, SMG2)
Will they have that madatory system update? I know that brawl made u upgrade to 3.4 and Metroid Prime 3 got u to ...3.2 i believe?

And i know someone will say "just download the ios and use usb loader" but i want to actually play them and own the disc. So im asking: do u think that those games will come with the system update? (New Super Mario Bros Wii might but i doubt it...)

Quote from: S.N.E.S.S. on October 01, 2009, 11:15:56 PM
sooo i herd that 4.2 wont delete HBC but itll mess up preloader and bootmii so its not recommended.

BUT what worries me are the new games coming later in the future (NSMBW, Metroid, SMG2)
Will they have that madatory system update? I know that brawl made u upgrade to 3.4 and Metroid Prime 3 got u to ...3.2 i believe?

And i know someone will say "just download the ios and use usb loader" but i want to actually play them and own the disc. So im asking: do u think that those games will come with the system update? (New Super Mario Bros Wii might but i doubt it...)

Get something like Starfall to skip disc updates.

Jeez, I can't believe no one knows anything about these apps.
(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
(8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
(8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

Quote from: Shadow on October 01, 2009, 11:21:52 PM
Quote from: S.N.E.S.S. on October 01, 2009, 11:15:56 PM
sooo i herd that 4.2 wont delete HBC but itll mess up preloader and bootmii so its not recommended.

BUT what worries me are the new games coming later in the future (NSMBW, Metroid, SMG2)
Will they have that madatory system update? I know that brawl made u upgrade to 3.4 and Metroid Prime 3 got u to ...3.2 i believe?

And i know someone will say "just download the ios and use usb loader" but i want to actually play them and own the disc. So im asking: do u think that those games will come with the system update? (New Super Mario Bros Wii might but i doubt it...)

Get something like Starfall to skip disc updates.

Jeez, I can't believe no one knows anything about these apps.
Nobody uses these apps, Only USB Gecko is used.

The rest of the apps on the Homebrew channel suck.

Quote from: OizenX on October 01, 2009, 11:49:01 PM
Quote from: Shadow on October 01, 2009, 11:21:52 PM
Quote from: S.N.E.S.S. on October 01, 2009, 11:15:56 PM
sooo i herd that 4.2 wont delete HBC but itll mess up preloader and bootmii so its not recommended.

BUT what worries me are the new games coming later in the future (NSMBW, Metroid, SMG2)
Will they have that madatory system update? I know that brawl made u upgrade to 3.4 and Metroid Prime 3 got u to ...3.2 i believe?

And i know someone will say "just download the ios and use usb loader" but i want to actually play them and own the disc. So im asking: do u think that those games will come with the system update? (New Super Mario Bros Wii might but i doubt it...)

Get something like Starfall to skip disc updates.

Jeez, I can't believe no one knows anything about these apps.
Nobody uses these apps, Only USB Gecko is used.

The rest of the apps on the Homebrew channel suck.

USBGecko isn't an app... <_<
(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
(8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
(8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

Oizen, you clearly don't know anything about Homebrew apps. Starfall, as mentioned, is good, as are things like FTPii. Backup launcher and USB Loader are homebrew apps. DVDx and a media player can turn your Wii into a (sorta crappy, but serviceable) DVD player.

List goes on, but I've made my point.

Quote from: Vyse on October 02, 2009, 01:29:03 AM
Oizen, you clearly don't know anything about Homebrew apps. Starfall, as mentioned, is good, as are things like FTPii. Backup launcher and USB Loader are homebrew apps. DVDx and a media player can turn your Wii into a (sorta crappy, but serviceable) DVD player.

List goes on, but I've made my point.

Yeah the app is Gecko OS no USB Gecko lol I know very little about the apps. but staying in topic. i installed DVDx on mi Wii. Then I inserted a DVD in my Wii and it still wouldn't read it. Is there something else I gotta install?


Quote from: Vyse on October 02, 2009, 01:29:03 AM
Oizen, you clearly don't know anything about Homebrew apps. Starfall, as mentioned, is good, as are things like FTPii. Backup launcher and USB Loader are homebrew apps. DVDx and a media player can turn your Wii into a (sorta crappy, but serviceable) DVD player.

List goes on, but I've made my point.

well he was sortof talkin to me and he was taking about that the good apps are USB gecko AS in USB Loader and Gecko OS. im pretty damn sure he knows what hes talkin about...
besides i just wanna kno what i can do to prevent system update. u said somthin like starfall? hows the success rating? cuz i havent herd of it