Wii System Menu 4.3 (HBC Updated!)

Started by Vyse, September 29, 2009, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Homebrew is 45% of the reason why Nintendo still has fame. >.>


[3:38:36 PM] lfan: its how the specials built
[3:38:42 PM] thutch: >.>
[3:38:43 PM] lfan: JUST GO IN SPECIALS IN SIDE B
[3:38:44 PM] lfan: DAMMIT
[3:38:50 PM] thutch: I DID DAMMIT

Quote from: Fenox on September 30, 2009, 05:15:40 AM
Homebrew is 45% of the reason why Nintendo still has fame. >.>
Tru dat, yo!

Quote from: Tyeforce on September 30, 2009, 04:47:08 AM
I'm gonna have to update sooner or later when Nintendo includes the update in a new game disc, so why wait for the inevitable?
Most games don't include firmware in Wii games. Usually it just adds some needed files to the Wii's memory and if it does there is a code that disables the update.

You might want to look at a post that I found out about.

Quote from: dhewg
Quote from: bushingThe [boot 2 update] code [from Ninty] is so buggy that we decided to write our own for the HackMii installer.

It’s really sad, but that wasn’t exaggerated at all. The first reports about bricks due to this official boot2 update are reported on Nintendo’s forums. Replies, which Ninty doesn’t like, are getting deleted. Anyway, it’s up to you if you want to risk it.

Anyone who's stupid enough to upgrade to 4.2 may end up bricking their Wii systems.  In other words. DO NOT upgrade your System Menu through Nintendo if you know what's good for you.

Fortunately for me, I'm still on 4.0.

If possible, try to get this information onto the primary post to warn anyone that plans on upgrading their Wiis.

I'm on 4.1 because it didn't delete my HBC. I only upgraded from 4.0 because I want Majora's Mask.


Quote from: STUFF2o on September 30, 2009, 08:57:53 PM
I'm on 4.1 because it didn't delete my HBC. I only upgraded from 4.0 because I want Majora's Mask.

wat do u mean? i have majora's mask and im on 3.2u lol

QUESTION!!!

When I turned on the HBC today, it asked if I wanted to upgrade to v0.5.  I did, so does this update mean we can upgrade to Wii System 4.2? (I haven't even TOUCHED the 4.2 update, and am finding answers here before I do anything.  Last time I updated w/o checking, I bricked my Wii :'( )
You will DIE!

September 30, 2009, 10:07:58 PM #52 Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:10:28 PM by Segab
Quote from: Tyeforce on September 30, 2009, 04:47:08 AM
I'm gonna have to update sooner or later when Nintendo includes the update in a new game disc, so why wait for the inevitable? And I'm guessing your disc drive is broken then, right? Why not send it in to Nintendo to fix it? That's what I did, and they sent it back 100% fixed, everything exactly how it was when I sent it in.
that's what cIOS are for.

Quote from: SKLLedOne on September 30, 2009, 09:53:40 PM
QUESTION!!!

When I turned on the HBC today, it asked if I wanted to upgrade to v0.5.  I did, so does this update mean we can upgrade to Wii System 4.2? (I haven't even TOUCHED the 4.2 update, and am finding answers here before I do anything.  Last time I updated w/o checking, I bricked my Wii :'( )
v0.5 is the HBC update I guess.
No, don't update to 4.2. Never. There's always a way to get around the updates. I'm on 3.2U and I'm playing GH5 and VC games :P

good to know

Just to make sure: System Menu 4.2 = always  >:( >:( >:( ?
You will DIE!

maybe, maybe not.
but stick with what you have right now.

okie-dokie!  :af:
You will DIE!

Could I get a direct link to the quoted material, mnsg?

One word perfectly describes this latest action by Nintendo:

'Failure'.


September 30, 2009, 11:20:23 PM #58 Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:29:05 PM by Shadow
Ya should look at Marcans blog.

Haven't found those quotes of bricking yet.

http://hackmii.com/2009/09/wii-menu-4-2-a-lack-of-imagination/

EDIT: Found. After the bullets, first paragraph.

Quote from: Marcan
I'm surprised that they took the bold move of pushing an updated boot2 — I guess all of the cool kids are doing it these days. Their boot2-updating code (ES_ImportBoot) is not well-tested; they've never updated boot2 on retail consoles before, and in our testing we discovered that it often fails to write out ECC data for the new version of boot2 that it writes. We should expect to see some number of bricked Wiis from this; the code is so buggy that we decided to write our own for the HackMii installer. If you had BootMii/boot2 installed, it will be overwritten with the normal, stock boot2, but there should be no other harmful effects.


EDIT 2:

http://marcansoft.com/transf/ninty_censoring.png

http://techforums.nintendo.com/nins/board/message?board.id=wii_tech&thread.id=29914
(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
(8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
(8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

another question:

If Nintendo comes out with an OS that works for us in the future, will we be able to skip past 4.2 and strait to the good one?
You will DIE!