Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PokeTrainer .REL  (Read 1322 times)
WTVelocity
Mega Kitten

Brawl Revamped Dev

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: August 19, 2011, 03:09:51 PM »

I was wondering if it would be possible to put lets say Captain Falcon over Pokemon Trainer, without effecting the pokemon, and having the pokemon still run normal on an independent pokemon system?

Reason I ask is because I'm using hacks over each pokemon, and want them seperate, but am afraid to mess with the pokemon trainer, because I don't know if a .REL would change him to a battle character or not, much less if it would effect anything else.

Right now, I have him removed from the CSS, but I would like to put Goku over him, if it would work.
But I don't even know enough about .RELs yet to try >_<

Lead Developer of Brawl Revamped Project
Brawl Revamped

toastoftriumph
Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:30:01 AM »

Poketrainer has separate files for textures, animations, and everything, so it might work. I don't think there's a FitPoketrainer.pac though (correct me if I'm wrong). Because of that, the system probably wouldn't work. As well, I don't know how file size limits are handled with alternate rel files. If the limit remains the same as the original, it would be impossible to replace any character over him, since his limit is probably tiny (he only has a few animations, you get the point).

Idk. I guess you could test it out using one of the Ike rels. No harm in trying.

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 04:27:38 AM »

It's true that PT has a FitPokeTrainer.pac, FitPokeTrainerMotionEtc.pac and FitPokeTrainer00.pcs/.pac, but he AND the Indy Pokeys share one module, therefor rendering them useless if you would replace that module (same goes for Samus/Zamus, Zelda/Sheik, Wario/Warioman, Bowser/Giga Bowser and the Alloys).

WTVelocity
    Mega Kitten

Brawl Revamped Dev

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 11:44:55 PM »

Thanks, but then how can you have hacks on Zelda/Sheik?

In essence then, if it's shared, wouldn't it be possible to be able to modify that .REL file and manipulate it to make PT a tangible brawl character? Would that work?

Lead Developer of Brawl Revamped Project
    Brawl Revamped

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: