SFX in your Brawl - Tutorial for absolute beginners

Started by Jaklub, August 28, 2011, 11:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

im having trouble inserting .hex files into sawndz 0.12
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Kanine on December 15, 2011, 12:19:47 AM
can this be done without sawndz?
Only if you're trying to get hex packets in.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.


I need Sonic's regular voice. I get an error (see my thread i made recently) and i think the .brsar is too big. I need regular sonic's voice back
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Can you make a brasr tutorial for the orginal method to hex edit the files with hxd?

Quote from: leo958 on December 22, 2011, 03:28:46 PM
Can you make a brasr tutorial for the orginal method to hex edit the files with hxd?
Open brsar in a hex editor, go to the provided offset, paste the hex packet with overwriting old data and it's done. No tutorial needed.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

(hope you can add a note about running smashbox under windows 7 pro 64-bit for those who insist to use it, because I have got it to work on my 64 bit machine)

(using windows XP mode)

cool thanks for the help.
I'm The Light and also The Darkness. My Creations are Crazy Just Like thier creator.
King Vhaiter And Queen Serenity lead me. As they Shall to you

So is there a tutorial out there for how to insert SFX into Brawl while still having the Gecko OS...or is that even possible?

Quote from: Darth Indiana Bond on February 16, 2012, 12:52:59 AM
So is there a tutorial out there for how to insert SFX into Brawl while still having the Gecko OS...or is that even possible?

must be riivo because the brsar is exempt from the FPC


however, riivo can use cheats if you have the right setup with it


February 16, 2012, 02:32:25 AM #57 Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:34:16 AM by Diddy Kong
Quote from: Darth Indiana Bond on February 16, 2012, 01:10:02 AM
So I have to use riivolution?
yup...

use my setup if you don't feel like finding the base one

^you might wanna overwrite my gecko files with your own since mine contains explosions

and don't worry, your current gecko setup is 100% compatible with the riivo setup i use

ERROR in
action number 1
of Mouse Event for Left Released
for object sawnd_obj:

Cannot execute sawndz
                                               this is the error message I get...
[/url]

Quote from: battleon469 on February 17, 2012, 06:20:05 PM
ERROR in
action number 1
of Mouse Event for Left Released
for object sawnd_obj:

Cannot execute sawndz
                                               this is the error message I get...
make sure sawndz.exe, the one with a generic icon, is in the same directory

some DLL files, sawndz.exe and sawndz12.exe should all be in the same directory, as sawndz uses an external application to modify the brsar offsets