SFX in your Brawl - Tutorial for absolute beginners

Started by Jaklub, August 28, 2011, 11:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

im using that sawnd program and im trying to insert a sawnd file and it doesnt let me because i dont know the group number please help

I wonder why Jaklub hasn't been online in so long. :-\

Quote from: DeyDey123 on February 19, 2012, 12:18:09 AM
im using that sawnd program and im trying to insert a sawnd file and it doesnt let me because i dont know the group number please help
Use the brawlbox .txt

Quote from: slayermarth101 on February 19, 2012, 12:42:29 AM
I wonder why Jaklub hasn't been online in so long. :-\
Use the brawlbox .txt
also depends if he is using smashbox to view the files or brawlbox....
but because f a discovery I came across, we may indeed be able to return to using smashbox....

April 29, 2012, 11:08:17 PM #63 Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:15:59 PM by Mareeo 64
I got a question: I downloaded the latest SM64 PSA and it came with: smashbros_sound.brsar, and a sawnd file. Is the brsar all i need to get it working? btw, I use shadowsnake's Riivo loader and file setup(:root/brawlmods/brawl-, brawl+, SSB4, vBrawl, etc.)

I probly won't be able to use whatever program for this stuff. I do downloads at school, and the computer i use is a Mac OS X, so i can't even use PSA or BrawlBox. Plus.......firewall, y'know... :(

edit: awe shoot, this topic's more then 3 weeks old........I think. I hope i don't get warned........again......I'm only looking for help. I'm as clueless as they come. I didn't think to check the date til after I already posted...
:(

still confused on where to put in and what to do if I'm a gecko user...
3DS Friend code- 0447 - 6337 - 9929

Gecko doesn't support sounds.
It won't work no matter what you do with Gecko.

Quote from: Superlucario603 on May 22, 2012, 01:26:44 AM
still confused on where to put in and what to do if I'm a gecko user...
where to put the BRSAR: SD:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\


what to do if you use gecko - download beyond's  riivolution  SFX and THP does not work with gecko

Diddy Kong, while you're here, how do I get THP's to work?

Quote from: slayermarth101 on May 22, 2012, 01:43:46 AM
Gecko doesn't support sounds.
It won't work no matter what you do with Gecko.

Actually, if you use a Phantom Wings' v.4 code, it works, however, you have to edit the code yourself to fit your wii and your hacks, and while it's hard to get the coded part down, once you're done, just putting sounds in the folder and loading EVERYTHING in Gecko is (in my opinion) much easier.

Do you mind pm'ing me the edited v.4 code?
I wanna see if this works. :/

June 05, 2012, 08:04:26 AM #70 Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:07:46 AM by Valkyrie Kanata
Sure

Quote from: Diddy Kong on February 17, 2012, 08:11:14 PM
make sure sawndz.exe, the one with a generic icon, is in the same directory

some DLL files, sawndz.exe and sawndz12.exe should all be in the same directory, as sawndz uses an external application to modify the brsar offsets
thanks it worked!
[/url]

im still learning this is awesome :D
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

So if I'm using usb loader do I still have to use wiiscrubber to get the sfx to work?

Quote from: Valkyrie Kanata on June 05, 2012, 04:04:35 AM
Actually, if you use a Phantom Wings' v.4 code, it works, however, you have to edit the code yourself to fit your wii and your hacks, and while it's hard to get the coded part down, once you're done, just putting sounds in the folder and loading EVERYTHING in Gecko is (in my opinion) much easier.
Really?? Can you PM me the edited code too? It sounds so awesome!
[/url]