Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: ...:::Group Project: Nathan Spencer::.. UP Special  (Read 30050 times)
Gamma Ridley
~Mercenary~
Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #45 on: August 31, 2011, 10:44:56 AM »

Thanks for the ideas, guys!

I don't know if Link has any extra bones in his arm, I'ma have to take a look. He probably will, if there is a pattern to how Brawl models are rigged.

As far as him shooting a gun for his Neutral B.... well.... that's way too generic. o_o

Sorry, but I kinda want to stray away from using weapons like that. If anything, I'd rather incorporate them in some creative way.

I like the idea for the Side B, though. It effectively avoids the need to utilize Catch collisions, I think. Stun the opponent, then move Spencer forward quickly. It should work.

Blade, I really like the idea for the Down B. I'm pretty sure the item thing is possible, you'd probably have to look at what allows a character to eat food while on the ground. As for the Down B in the air, we can just stick with the pounding the ground thingy I suggested.

Yeah, but the clawshot works like that already XD

There's no need to make a new one.

And Star, what do you plan on doing with Link's Sword and Shield? If you want to include guns, is there like a default assault rifle or something that you can vertex the sword into?

Just so it gets read.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: August 31, 2011, 12:03:37 PM »

Why not have the pounding thing as his Down Air?

Personally, I don't like when people set two different attack for ground and aerial specials. It's not Brawl-like.

And I know the gun/weaponry thing sounds cliche but what other ideas/moves can we use?

Off-topic: I just noticed this now, but MvC3 is 2D! Did anyone else know this?

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2011, 12:24:04 PM »

Urgh, I hate that comment "It's not Brawl-like"

It's an idiotic comment.  And I mean REALLY idiotic.  Why should it matter?  Why do people feel so much that every attack from a moveset has to be relative to Smash current fundamentals?  Moveset making should be about finding new ways of doing things.  Exploring different ways to try and evolve the ways in which Smash is played.  It's all about progression and new ideas. 

Does it really bother people THAT much with moveset making when people try to be creative and fit as many different moves in as possible?  You know, to give more overall diversity to the moveset.  Again, that's silly.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 01:04:05 PM »

It's a personal opinion. If people are making hacks for characters to fight other Brawl characters, why would you make them fight like a freaking Capcom player? You can still implement new ideas and features while still keeping the character's playstlye to one that's unique but still fits the brawl-style of fighting.

And you're kinda being hypocritical. Majority of the PSA's you make or plan don't use multiple attacks for air and ground specials. Why don't you do more that have multiple attacks per special?

Anyways, we shouldn't be arguing here. If you want to continue this argument/discussion, we could do it through PM's. But I'm stopping the off-topic (ish) discussions right here.

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 01:30:47 PM »

And you're kinda being hypocritical. Majority of the PSA's you make or plan don't use multiple attacks for air and ground specials. Why don't you do more that have multiple attacks per special?

I'm not being hypocritical in the slightest.  It would be hypocritical if I said I refused to do them for my movesets.  I only don't do them, because I usually can' t think of another idea that will benefit the overall moveset.  I think long and hard about how to construct a moveset, and I can generally do it better than most people here (as evident in how I do my PSAs). 

And you seem to have misunderstood what I said.  I never said that a moveset shouldn't fit with Brawl's style, I said it should show some kind of evolution and progression.  Look at Project:M Lucario for example.  With some proper thought anything can work.

And this isn't off topic at all.  It's discussing things about a moveset, which is exactly what the topic title says.  I'll try and think of some suggestions once I know exactly who Spencer is over.  Is it definitely confirmed he will be over Link?

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

Discs are for people who like scratches

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 01:46:53 PM »

Well, why not for his aerials, he keeps all of Link's aerials, since they all fit. And for his U-Air and D-Air, he uses his Bionic Arm to hit people. As for the Down B, I think that could work, but to model the bomb, that would have to an item edit though, wouldn't it? Also, instead of the stuff for his Final Smash, he uses Bionic Maneuvers as a combo to the Down B where he grabs the modified bomb and throws it, so after he throws it, he follows up with the combos? And after Jaw Breaker he can link it to Smash Kick if A is pressed, which can further link to aerials, and Critical Smash if B is pressed, and it spikes opponents caught in the attack. For his Side Smash, he uses ZSS' Side Smash? I'm just spitting out ideas that come to mind

rar! rar! rar! --8o8 Dark

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 02:21:12 PM »

I'm about 99% sure it's Link. Then again, it depends how the vertex works out.

Ok, then I misunderstood. But I did say "(ish)" since I kinda knew that it is relevant, but wasn't really sure.

Plus it's alot easier for Spencer at least to keep the specials the same because we're having quite some trouble brainstorming ideas. And we can't have him use his Grapple wire for everything.

Anyways, what kind of items or equipment is there in Bionic Commando? Maybe we can use something along those lines?

@8o8: I don't think an item edit is necessary for the bomb. That's only if you want to hold it in your hand which is not the case. He's just using the the bomb model not literally holding it.

And we can use this video If we want to use any MvC3 moves.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzIi-QDc-3A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzIi-QDc-3A</a>

Here are some ideas I got from this:

AAA: A straight jab with his fist. Then a forward knee. We can basically remake C.Falc's Fair to make it look like a grounded version. Ending off with a low sweep with his bionic arm.

Side Tilt: His forward + H in MvC3. He performs a swing punch with his bionic arm moving him forward a bit.

Up Tilt: An upward diagonal straight jab with his bionic arm.

Down Tilt: A low straight kick. Low knockback. Like Ness' but not as spammable.

Forward Air: Basically Ganon's Fair but with his bionic arm instead. It has 3 different types of knockback depending on where you hit with the move. high knockback, semi-hard to hit with.

Back Air: Spencer turns around and kicks straight. Like Marth's Bair, he actually faces the other direction after execution of the move.

Up Air: And upward swing with his bionic arm. decent knockback.

Neutral Air: A downward angled straight jab with his fist. low knocback.

I'll put up more ideas soon.

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 03:02:06 PM »

Ok

So

I think we're gonna stick with the Down B being different whether you're on the ground or in the air. It may not be "Brawl-like," but it beats the hell out of having his Down B doing nothing in air, which I think is preposterous.

As was mentioned earlier, MvC3 probably won't be a good idea to base a majority of the moveset one. However, Blade, those ideas are pretty good for a generic moveset, and they provide something to work off of. So thank you for that.

I'd like to state this up front: we will not merely use other characters' moves. I refuse to.

If we want a move to be similar to the move of another character, then I will reanimate it so that it's similar to the other move without being the same thing. This includes keeping Link's moves.

I say this for two reasons:

-It makes the moveset very unoriginal and bland
    -I want to improve upon my animating skills

I realize the second point may sound a bit selfish, but that's just how I feel.

But seeing as how Waffles is in charge, it will be up to him to decide what the final moveset will be.

That is all.

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2011, 03:56:06 PM »

YES! IDEAS! DISCUSSION! OPINIONS!    this is exactly what we need.

Also let me remind everyone, for the sake of avoiding pure chaos, At the moment we are only thinking of Special Attacks.   Down b sound like it was accepted as a tangible move.

That side b sounds very interested, the one where he stuns and then chases. I am just wondering how that would work?  you you automatically be hurried to the enemy? if so is that even possible in PSA to detect an enemies location and be transported there?  
    If its just a set amount of distance traveled, then what hapens if you use it near the edge? you you zoom past the enemy and fly off stage?   Or maybe he should get a temporary speed boost? so he can ran super fast and we can control when he stops?  

Either way its a cool idea.

EDIT: Also we shouldn't steal any attacks animations from any other characters or even link. This is spencer.

EDIT 2:Spencer is 100% over link.    

EDIT 3:  I like the idea of a rock smashing attack! maybe up special?   sneds his grapple up extramely high ( pikachus thunder high) grabs a rock and whips it directly downards. Him going up and the rock going down.  the rock hitting anything in its path. ?
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:01:42 PM by StarWaffle » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »

As far as the Side B goes, we may just have to animate him so that he flies far. So he may just fly over the edge. /:

I'm not sure how else we could do that, unless there's some sort of edge-collision-detection event in PSA we could implement.

We need ideas for the Up B. D:

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »

You don't even need to make him fly far in the animation.  You can just make the animation loop until he touches an enemy.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2011, 04:06:55 PM »

You don't even need to make him fly far in the animation.  You can just make the animation loop until he touches an enemy.

I figured there was a way. -_-"

How would one implement that in PSA, may I ask?

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2011, 04:07:11 PM »

wow thats excatly what i wanted to hear!

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2011, 04:10:44 PM »

I figured there was a way. -_-"

How would one implement that in PSA, may I ask?

Well basically, the easiest thing to do would be to make set a hitbox on Spencer whilst he's flying forward, and then just have an infinitely looped "If Hitbox Connects" so that you can change subaction once the hitbox connects.  This hitbox would do 0 damage and knockback, it would just exist there for the soul purpose of triggering the event.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2011, 04:11:43 PM »

Well basically, the easiest thing to do would be to make set a hitbox on Spencer whilst he's flying forward, and then just have an infinitely looped "If Hitbox Connects" so that you can change subaction once the hitbox connects.  This hitbox would do 0 damage and knockback, it would just exist there for the soul purpose of triggering the event.

.... oh.

Uh

Ok. XD

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
    Print
    Jump to: