Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Simplest way to hide Ness bag?  (Read 972 times)
SuperBarrio
Expert Kitten

It's a Me, Barrio!

• Awards Boygos Certified: Pokemon Master

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 01, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »

I know there are numerous ways to do everything, and I know some work and some don’t, some are not suitable while others have partial effect, so I thought I would ask the experts (But they where busy, so I came to you guys.)

I’m trying to remove Ness’ bag straps (Easy enough) and the two parts of the rucksack that move.

Lots of jbiberish about various soloutions:

Now, obviously it won’t simply turn transparent as it is the wrong sort of texture.
    My attempts to vertex them smaller resulted in it only shrinking in one dimension and turning into a large circle.. thing.. (Despite numerous re-patching)

I would Hex, but I know that this isn’t the best thing to do with polys weighted to a bone, as it can cause partial stretching.

The next solution seems to be to shrink it in the motion file, but from what I can gather from video tutorials, I would have to resize the bag in every animation. (And while this remains an option, changing 100’s of animations is the last thing I want to do.)

I could of course simply re-patch an existing hack with it already hidden (Megaman, Paula.) but this seems a bit like cheating. (and for some reason I can’t seem to turn Paula into a .dea)

So, onto my question.

What’s the quickest way to get rid of Ness’ bag? Is there a way I can scale the bone in the motion on every animation at once? Or perhaps Hexing is the way to go?

Vertexing my way throguh Nintendo's B list - One failure at a time.

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 11:13:53 AM »

Best way is to hex out the vertices for bag.

Here is a quick run through of how to hex out the vertices (incase you don't already know)

Open up brawlbox and export the mdl0 and the vertex sets for his bag.
    Now drag and drop them into a hex editor (I use HxD).
    In the Hex editor, Select the vertex set and Highlight everything but the first two lines, then copy it.
    Go over to the Mdl0 and press Ctrl+F, then paste everything into the box at the top.
    Before you search, make sure you change the options to "Hex Values" and select "All."
    This will find the bag vertices, now right-click and fill selection with 00's.
    Rinse and repeat for each part of the bag
    Then -ofcourse- Save

Now all you have to do is replace the model in brawlbox and you are done Smiley

SuperBarrio
    Expert Kitten

It's a Me, Barrio!

• Awards Boygos Certified: Pokemon Master

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:14:31 PM »

Thanks - I had done this before with Kirby but hoepd to find a soloution that didnt cause poly's to stick out of the characters bum, but it can't really be seen during play so I think I'll survive!

Thanks again.

Vertexing my way throguh Nintendo's B list - One failure at a time.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: