Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14
Author Topic: M&SG's Custom Textures - Notice 10/12  (Read 162921 times)
mnsg
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #90 on: December 14, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »

Hacking Future

I have some disturbing news to reveal for all of those who have downloaded my hacks.  My Wii's DVD drive has begun to show signs of dying on me; I recently got a few disc reading errors, which occasionally forced me to turn off my Wii system.  This issue will likely get worse, unless I can get the DVD drive repaired.  Because of this problem, my Wii hacking sessions will likely have to be put on hold; which means no more Christmas-related texture hacks for Brawl this year.  Fortunately, I'll still be able to do hacks for Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Considering that I had this Wii since Christmas 2006, this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Also, I am expecting to get Kirby's Epic Yarn and Donkey Kong Country Returns during the Christmas holiday, which will keep me occupied once my Wii's DVD drive does get fixed up.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope to continue my Wii hacks when this problem is resolved.
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 03:06:51 PM by mnsg » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #91 on: December 14, 2010, 04:07:22 PM »

Man, I wish I could use Melee hacks. I gotta get that SD Media Launcher thing. Check Stack Smash for those who don't know what happened.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2010, 05:48:39 PM »

You should get the usb method to load backups and forget about the DVD drive  I see what you did there ...

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2010, 08:45:18 AM »

You should get the usb method to load backups and forget about the DVD drive  I see what you did there ...
    Umm, there are no USB loaders for Gamecube. Unless someone points me in the right direction that doesn't involve modchips and DO work.

jarvitz
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #94 on: December 15, 2010, 09:21:38 AM »

My wii has been doing that for around 2 years now and it still runs fine. You have time.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #95 on: December 17, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »

Wii Issue Update

I regret to state that my Wii can't be repaired by professionals, due to the obvious fact that it contains Homebrew data.  I learned that the hard way when I tried to get it repaired by them.

Now, my other options are as follows...

Option 1
    There is that USB Loader that I've heard about, but it has no Riivolution support (which I use for Mario Kart Wii and NSMB Wii), and not all variations of them are free.  And of course, there's also the issue in terms of the storage devices, since single-layered Wii ISOs use 4.37 GB, while the dual-layered Wii ISOs use about 7.92 GB; both of which can't be placed in FAT and FAT32 system storage devices.  Lastly, they require IOS249, which got stubbed for System Menus 4.2 and later.

Option 2
    Replace the laser lens manually.  On average, it would cost about $14.  However, this does mean that I'll have to take apart my Wii, and I never did internal repairs before.  And of course, you need certain screwdrivers to pull this off.  Lastly, I'm not sure if this will be enough to get the DVD drive working properly again.

Option 3
    Replace the DVD drive manually.  On average, replacement Wii DVD drives can be bought for about $60.  However, this does mean that I'll have to take apart my Wii, and I never did internal repairs before.  And of course, you need certain screwdrivers to pull this off.  Lastly, I have no idea if this will affect the Wii's hard drive in a negative manner; is the hard drive part of the DVD drive, or not.

Option 4
    Buy a new Wii system.  The only flaw with this option is the price, which is about $200, along with the fact that some Wii data is non-transferrable.  At least I've backed up my copy-protected Wii game data, just in case something like this happens.  Of course, installing Homebrew on a new Wii will mean that I won't be able to get it repaired professionally.

Regarding the various option sources, I looked at the following...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638
    http://hubpages.com/hub/wiidiyrepairguide

With those options in mind, I'm just not sure what is the best choice.

Anyway, I'll just do whatever I can to resolve this issue.  If anyone else ran into this scenario, feel free to state your best solutions.

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2010, 03:46:33 PM »

For the USB loader you could just use that wiiscruber thing to edit isos so you could hack nsmb and mario kart, and you could do even more brawl hacking like voice replacing. IDK about the storage devices, maybe you could try reformatting your USB thing on the computer.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2010, 10:10:54 PM »

I believe that partition a USB doesn't really matter. It only depends on the USB loader you use.
    Neogamma has the 256 lines of code bypass and I think the newest Configurable USB Loader has it too.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #98 on: December 23, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »

Wii Issue Update

Well, I've managed to get a 500 GB portable USB hard drive, and found a USB Loader program, which enables me to install ISOs onto an NTFS file system drive.

After doing some tests, I've found that WiiFlow was the most effective USB Loader, since it has no issues with reading USB devices upon loading.  And, like I've stated earlier, can install ISOs onto NTFS drives, along with Ocarina code support.

Anyway, I've been able to get my codes for Brawl to work with WiiFlow, and a lot of my installed original ISOs worked without any flaws as well.  However, I'm still trying to get custom ISOs (for MK Wii and NSMB Wii) to work properly without ANY errors; no "Error has Occurred" messages after about 5-10 minutes.

This issue is almost resolved; I only have that one issue left, and I should be back to the hacking business for the Wii titles again.

Edit: Custom ISO issue is resolved for NSMB Wii.  Apparently, I had to patch the main.dol that's inside that ISO before I could use it with my USB hard drive.

Anyway, with that issue fixed up, I'm pretty much back to doing some more Wii hacks again.  Of course, odds are, I'll probably be kept busy with Kirby's Epic Yarn and Donkey Kong Country Returns between Christmas and New Year's.
    « Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:01:38 PM by mnsg » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »

I love his color scheme.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2011, 07:22:47 PM »

Okay, now THAT is sweet.
    inb4superdiddy

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #101 on: January 22, 2011, 07:45:39 AM »

Need Diddy now. lol

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #102 on: January 25, 2011, 10:57:29 AM »

Good.

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2011, 08:21:22 PM »

It's about damn time somebody made Pauline. I wonder why It took so long. :/

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Gamez1985
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #104 on: January 26, 2011, 06:32:19 AM »

Wanted to say thanks for Pauline. That's a character that would make a great Brawl appearance!

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: