SouthCraft's House of Upgrades - Megaman V2 soon.

Started by SouthCraft, October 08, 2011, 08:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I can't decide. Poll ends tuesday

Rayman
14 (58.3%)
Skull Kid
10 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Let's go for a good news :

Mariodk did to finish the final smash, he work perfectly.
Now I've made to him a .txt on what he need to work for make it perfectly.

Now the big problem is Rush. He tell me he provoct a freeze so he was obligate to delete him...
Need a solution for put him back in the PSA.

Quote from: KTH on October 29, 2013, 12:41:21 AM
Let's go for a good news :

Mariodk did to finish the final smash, he work perfectly.
Now I've made to him a .txt on what he need to work for make it perfectly.

Now the big problem is Rush. He tell me he provoct a freeze so he was obligate to delete him...
Need a solution for put him back in the PSA.

:af:

:oshi: Rush did have a pretty big filesize as far as I remember. Hope you figure it out.

Hmm are the textures huge? One easy way to lower file size is to shrink the textures down by half or 4 times, sometimes some extra editing is needed to avoid some mapping errors like say when you shrink down Mario's main texture by half, his nose tends to have some pink and purple dots at the ends, so just by editing that part near the nose texture fixes this. I had to shrink Mario's textures when putting Super Somari over Super Sonic because his file size was pretty big with the added cape bones and animations, so shrinking the textures might save the model detail.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on October 29, 2013, 01:38:12 AM
Hmm are the textures huge? One easy way to lower file size is to shrink the textures down by half or 4 times, sometimes some extra editing is needed to avoid some mapping errors like say when you shrink down Mario's main texture by half, his nose tends to have some pink and purple dots at the ends, so just by editing that part near the nose texture fixes this. I had to shrink Mario's textures when putting Super Somari over Super Sonic because his file size was pretty big with the added cape bones and animations, so shrinking the textures might save the model detail.
Rush's texture is already small. I believe its 64x64 or 32x32 when I tested Mega Man.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on October 29, 2013, 01:47:20 AM
Rush's texture is already small. I believe its 64x64 or 32x32 when I tested Mega Man.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the model itself that was causing the big size.

Oh well, still was worth it to double check before wasting time lowing the model detail and then realizing that shrinking the texture would've saved even more filesize than what you just saved. I'm really looking forward to Mega Man.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

now we are really close to done.

Quote from: SouthCraft on October 29, 2013, 02:40:51 PM
now we are really close to done.
I think there's a Megaman portait pack around here that you can use. I'll look it up after I get out of class (about an hour and a half from now).

EDIT: So it's only icons, and you probably know about it already since it's from MarioandPit. Either way, it's right here if you want to use it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33494

Quote from: Dmickolas on October 29, 2013, 02:49:06 PM
I think there's a Megaman portait pack around here that you can use. I'll look it up after I get out of class (about an hour and a half from now).
nevermind KTH is making one


what is your best guest as to when the megaman psa over ness will be done,cause i have been excited for this for quite some time.
did ya miss me?

Quote from: Falconpunch1729 on October 29, 2013, 06:10:10 PM
what is your best guest as to when the megaman psa over ness will be done,cause i have been excited for this for quite some time.
this week maybe? i don't know. MarioDK is almost done, and after that we are going to test it for glitches and eventually fix them and make other for psa like Css stuffs. Then release it.

And btw guys big announcement. Rush is not going to be in the PSA because of its filesize. so we will have Beat the bird instead. because its model is lower filesize. But imo it will more creative move than just a jump.

Oh goodie. I didn't like the idea of them using Rush because its pretty much the same as Sonic's Up-B.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on October 29, 2013, 08:16:45 PM
Oh goodie. I didn't like the idea of them using Rush because its pretty much the same as Sonic's Up-B.
Yeah, I'm okay with this. Something more individualistic is better. Do you know how it's going to work yet?

Quote from: Dmickolas on October 29, 2013, 08:20:40 PM
Yeah, I'm okay with this. Something more individualistic is better. Do you know how it's going to work yet?
He's gonna pick you up and fly, and megaman is able to shoot while flying. Kinda like snake's