Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Link's Face Polygon ( polygon11 ) Vertexing Help  (Read 1490 times)
Teh-Ray
Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: October 10, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »

So, after many painstaking hours of vertex hacking Link ( and some trial and error ), I finally finished the vertex I was working on. He looks fine in Brawl Box and in game, however whenever his facial expression changes, his face changes back to normal Link's face. I've searched all over his files for any sort of other face polygons ( Like how other characters, like Wolf, have multiple face polygons for different expressions ), but I don't see any other polygons at all.

I'm hoping someone here could help me with this.

Snoopy
Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 03:54:10 PM »

basically, all you have to do is get rid of the faces you don't want (either through vertex shrinking or hexing them out), then changing the bone index of the face you want to keep to a different index (that way, it will always show).

here's a video on how to hex out polygons, if you choose to hex them out rather than shrink them down.

http://kc-mm.com/?p=2106

and here's a little guide for the second part i made.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=31231.0

Teh-Ray
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »

Snoopy, thanks a lot for the quick reply! I saw that topic while looking around for help, but unfortunately it's a little more complicated than that, since Link simply just doesn't have any other face polygons that I can edit or hex, unless there's something I'm missing. I really hope there is.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 07:38:31 PM »

oh, i assumed he had more than one face...  well, then i'm not too sure how to correct it.

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 08:07:33 PM »

Link is one of the characters that have only one face Polygon but multiple vertex sets for expressions...
    All you have to do is hex/export your edits over all the different vertex sets to prevent them from reverting back Smiley

Teh-Ray
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 11:38:58 PM »

Oh thank you thank you thank you! It worked like a charm! Thank you both for your help, and for responding so quickly!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: