Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17
Author Topic: Erase the Noise - Neku Sakuraba, version 1!  (Read 91234 times)
Sajiao Omelette
Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: November 11, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »

Magical it is!

I kinda got Toon Link's zair... right now, it's just the snake sorta deformed with hookshot colors... so I'll fix that.

I thought Zero's was longer, but it's not, so the Entanglement zair will be more like Link's in length and suck you in.

I think the final smash could also be the Four Stars Pin (aka when you win the game). Can anyone think of a graphic for the blast in Nexus Ray? I would also use it in the Four Stars blast.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: November 12, 2009, 11:47:44 PM »

Does anyone know around how many graphic effects can be on the screen at once without crashing the game?

Also, I have a new idea: If you unleash a fully charged Nexus Ray while in the air, it fires straight down at the ground and provides a nice boost for you to help you recovery. Should this idea be incorporated into Nexus Ray?

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: November 13, 2009, 02:08:06 AM »

The question isn't until is crashes the game, its how many until it lags the game with other things in play.

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Chimiu
    Advanced Kitten

Ponies. That is all.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: November 13, 2009, 07:59:01 AM »

I agree with the Nexus Ray idea . 

I love random input~!
    ~Nya!

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: November 13, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »

So, in that case, how many graphic effects can there be before gameplay becomes seriously affected?

Also, on a Neku-related side note, should I make the Piercing Pillar and Pyrokinesis and Splash Core their Black Planet counterparts? It would be kinda cool, but everything would be purple... but it would fit with the Cosmic SOS I set up for Lucas.

EDIT: I think I;m going to change around a lot of moves, and once you're over 110% damage, your pins become their Black Planet counterparts and if there are no Black Planet counterparts, then it'll just get stronger, but the looks won't change. If you think 110% is weird (I think it's weird), suggest another percentage, probably 100% or 120%.
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:46:28 PM by greeneggsandham » Logged

Chimiu
    Advanced Kitten

Ponies. That is all.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: November 17, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »

Hmm, 110% seems a bit awkward.

121%!
    Just because it has the 3rd greatest number in history in it.
    But on a serious note~
    120% or so seems perfect.
    That's like borderline "I'm gonna die!" range for normal Lucas.
    I'm guessing it should work well for Neku.

xmanfit0
    Your Favorite Home Tutor
    Extreme Kitten

If you're lucky you'll die without pain

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: November 17, 2009, 03:31:13 PM »

Hey, that Black Planet counterpart thing is a good idea, but maybe you should worry about making Lucas' pac file too big. About the gfx thing, I've never had the game freeze from too much gfx. If you want to know how much gfx can be present, it depends on the size of the gfx. If it's something like those permanent stars, there can be about like 50 of them before no more gfx can appear. If it's something huge, you'd best not put more than 2 gfx. 3 is ok, but 3 huge gfx's will lag. More than 3 will lag severely.

Click on my character sig for a Guide on THP making, and on the Brawlvault bar directly above for my collection of THP videos.
    Brawl FC- 1634-5170-8615

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: November 17, 2009, 05:01:56 PM »

I'm definitely worried about .pac size, but VILE said somewhere that the average is around 1/3 more than the original, so I could probably add more than 100 KB to Lucas safely. I think.

I concur with 120%. I'm not so sure about that Black Planet stuff because it's really hard to make black lightning and black splashes and water, and I'm going pretty insane on the GFX myself, some moves have around 10 without lag because it's small GFX. I kinda found a strange way to fire a nice black projectile (shoot a strong Super Scope blast and have a darkness effect cover the Super Scope blast so you just see darkness hit you). It only works if you shoot on the ground, but if it hits, the darkness continues to fly past them. Is this a negligible problem?

Does anyone know perfect numbers to make Flame Blast hard to escape yet still escapable like a flamethrower? Any combination of knockback I try results in being unescapable or immediately launching the enemy out.

I am not going to change Lucas' second jump (unless someone says I need to) because it messed up his other attacks and made him float randomly, and his second jump is psychic-y anyways.

I have a brand new problem: I plan to make the final smash something like this:

Lucas goes for some kind of a hit; if it connects, he will proceed to activate the Four Stars Pin on only one person, making giant slashes through them and then finally firing a super lazer beam.

If it doesn't connect, Lucas will activate Joshua's lv.3 Fusion and a giant meteor will come down from the sky and explode, doing a lot of damage and knockback to everyone, but you can probably easily dodge it..

A few problems that I need answered:

What would the initial hit be?

How would I transition from a miss to a meteor?

Should anything happen after the meteor hits? He could heal or something. By eating food.

Any ideas for giant slash GFX?

P.S. I'm currently failing epically to give Lucas Link's hookshot. I replaced ModelData, TextureData, and AnimationData (the one right below the other two). It's obviously the one for the hookshot, if anyone thinks I immediately took the first one on the list and it was his boomerang or something. My chain just looks like a long stick. Any possible reasons?
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 05:09:31 PM by greeneggsandham » Logged

Chimiu
    Advanced Kitten

Ponies. That is all.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: November 17, 2009, 07:54:43 PM »

The darkness continuing on is perfect. It makes it seem like a piercing effect, which is hawt imo.
    Im not at all sure about the number for the Flame Blast~ Sorry D:

The initial hit for his FS could be his dash attack animation. That seems to be the only effective move I can think of off the top of my head. Ill get to looking at moar animations after I finish this stupid senior project. >~<
    The transition could be...eh, I have no clue... Possibly the grab-miss animation into whatever animation you were gonna use originally. Kinda like a little comedic thing, iDk. @~@

I think the meteor hitting is enough, I cant think of anything that'll work for an after-effect. The Fusion-Heal effect doesn't seem like it'd work too much in the Brawl-Scene.
    Slash gfx could be something from Metaknight? He has like alot of slash gfx, can you resize the graphics?

No clue about the hook-shot problems, I should seriously do some PSA/Brawl-Box studies.
    I'd be much moar of a help. @~@

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: November 17, 2009, 09:46:53 PM »

I got the Flame Blast easily (I must be retarded, forgetting to play with SD Multiplier... o_0), and I'm definitely fine with just a meteor.

I can see now why the darkness continuing on would be perfect, but the hitbox wouldn't continue on, so it would be kinda weird.

Anyways, do you think that Lightning Arrester (down B in the air, Lucas fires lightning below him to deter juggling... lightning is REALLY long) should keep you in for damage purposes and game accuracy or hit you away at the end?

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: November 17, 2009, 11:32:53 PM »

A lot more detail on the moveset added to the OP!

Hopefully things might make more sense and connect better now...

Chimiu
    Advanced Kitten

Ponies. That is all.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: November 18, 2009, 07:40:28 AM »

The darkness effect is air-born right?
    It could look like it's ripping through the opponent. Just an aesthetic thing.
    At least I think it'd look nice. iDk.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: November 18, 2009, 08:52:41 AM »

Thanks for all of your input!

I'll keep the "piercing effect," but like usual, I ran into even more problems.

When I do the dash, because TL's animation that I'm using is too short (so looping it would make it look like the same throughout!), it also loops my graphic, and so my magical sparkles look more like an orange line...

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: November 20, 2009, 07:28:22 PM »

Important question: What should the end of Nexus Ray look like? I mean, it can't go on forever.

Chimiu
    Advanced Kitten

Ponies. That is all.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: November 20, 2009, 09:04:41 PM »

If I recall, it runs off-screen in-game, correct? (Still hasn't restarted TWEWY >~<)
    If anything put a rounded tip, or an orb tip, something of that effect, (Hopefully you understand what I mean.)

The tip could have a sweetspot I guess. No clue how you'd want that to play through.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17
    Print
    Jump to: