Nanobud's Sanctuary: Little Mac Attacks

Started by nanobuds, October 26, 2011, 10:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

First, Beyond's Sparkster, now the Chief is out soon.
Good weekend is good.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I kinda like the grime on the boots. He does slog through all the [censored] the universe throws at him after all.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Holy [censored] that looks great Nano :happy:

What kind of shader should we use? I think a subtle (not too bright) shine that follows the light source and then an outer shine on the edges of his armor that follows the camera would look pretty nice.
And then maybe a darker gradient overlay texture that can darken the armor just a bit so it's not too bright.

Master Chief without the dirty leg armor isnt going to happen, its too hard to remove and i dont have enough time with working a full time job and full time college.

As Johnson from Halo once Said...

Deal with it.

Just Deal with it!

Texture is now complete.



I added the 117 on his armor like in Halo: Forward Unto Dawn but that will just be an optional texture, whatever your preference is.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Looks like I'll be downloading a lot of hacks once my power comes back on....... :>.>:

...and Chief is one of them. :happy:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

November 03, 2012, 05:51:00 AM #4760 Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 05:54:56 AM by Mr.MW
Quote from: ShadowSnake on November 03, 2012, 03:03:41 AM
Master Chief without the dirty leg armor isnt going to happen, its too hard to remove and i dont have enough time with working a full time job and full time college.

As Johnson from Halo once Said...

Deal with it.

Just Deal with it!

Texture is now complete.



I added the 117 on his armor like in Halo: Forward Unto Dawn but that will just be an optional texture, whatever your preference is.
heiii i can remove that grime for you if you needs

Take this


Photoshop Elements 10 - Use Clone Stamp Tool to Copy Portions of an Image

@ mr mw

i know how to remove it, its just a [censored] to do it and retain a quality looking metal.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


There's no harm in letting him try.

The boot stuff is kinda odd for me. But, whatever. You can't win them all.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on November 03, 2012, 02:20:39 PMThe boot stuff is kinda odd for me.
Same here, I'm used to it being clean and shiny.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

the boots makes sence on some grass stages for example distant planet but on most stages it doesnt make sence that he is muddy since there is no mud anywhere
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i'm agree with the others about the boot, couse if you add the shiny effect, the dirty part will also be shiny....so i think you have to remove it.


...Do you people not understand what the dirt and grime is about? Really?

The Chief goes slogging through dirt, swamp, grass, and all manner of crap from the guts of the Elites to the innards of the hive-minded Flood. That grime on his boots is part of his character because of what his line of work is, and what he does during said work. I don't see why it being there is such a problem for you all.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on November 03, 2012, 08:25:14 PM...Do you people not understand what the dirt and grime is about? Really? The Chief goes slogging through dirt, swamp, grass, and all manner of crap from the guts of the Elites to the innards of the hive-minded Flood. That grime on his boots is part of his character because of what his line of work is, and what he does during said work. I don't see why it being there is such a problem for you all.
Hmmm didn't think about it like that, but not sure how many other hackers will think about the grime like that. I honestly could care less about the grime, but TheLegend75 has a good point, that grime will be shiny afterwards unless you make a seperate material file just for the grime and make it a seperate polygon.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Velen on November 03, 2012, 08:25:14 PM
...Do you people not understand what the dirt and grime is about? Really?

The Chief goes slogging through dirt, swamp, grass, and all manner of crap from the guts of the Elites to the innards of the hive-minded Flood. That grime on his boots is part of his character because of what his line of work is, and what he does during said work. I don't see why it being there is such a problem for you all.
samus also runs around  metroid goo and all that crap and you dont see her armor all  dirty  i mean sure it might fight on the halo game if you are on a grass/dirt terrain but on ssbb atleast we expect he cleans the armor before getting here xD  i like a clean armor better but on the halo game sure it looks fantastic seeing the feet dirty when walking on the mud on ssbb it really doesnt fit much imo.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.