Nanobud's Sanctuary: Little Mac Attacks

Started by nanobuds, October 26, 2011, 10:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on February 06, 2013, 10:57:46 PM
Wii U is too new to rip.

Heck, a model from a Wii U game in a Wii game...
Well New Super Mario Bros U looks like the same model detail as before, just better effects and maybe better texture quality, so NSMBU models would probably work in Brawl, Baby Yoshi would need to be an item or something considering they're fatter and barely have legs and arms. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

or they could be munchlax... since they eat anything

Quote from: joking on February 08, 2013, 10:22:50 AM
or they could be munchlax... since they eat anything
Why didn't I think of that? xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on February 08, 2013, 12:00:16 AM
Well New Super Mario Bros U looks like the same model detail as before, just better effects and maybe better texture quality, so NSMBU models would probably work in Brawl, Baby Yoshi would need to be an item or something considering they're fatter and barely have legs and arms. xD

Baby Yoshi over Munchlax.

how is ralph coming along?
will he have all the good stuff? final smash eyes, perfect shaders, perfect metals and eye blinking?


I've gotten moving eyes, expressions, and all the goodies working.

I'll maybe get in-game pics tomorrow if I have time.

However, rig wise he needs a lot of work. Thick characters are pretty hard to rig. I don't think I'll be able to get the ShoulderN bones rigged at all, but I'll try my best.

All that's left is his clothes. I'm on my 6th attempt at rigging them.
Everything else is rigged and ready to go.

This excites me :D
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


you probably already know this, but the best way to rig the shoulderN bones is by rigging them BEFORE anything arm related, also before the shoulderJ, so you can set a single bind weight for the arm till te point where you think it should be 100% following, and then just grow a couple of times (assure you have no center vertices selected) and just blend the hel out of it, rotate, select rough areas that look ugly, and blend the hell out of it... xD
shoulderN bones aren't THAT hard to do...

also remember to take into consideration shoulderN bones dont rotate that much in the animations, so you dont need to test extreme poses on them

Quote from: joking on February 12, 2013, 10:06:20 AM
you probably already know this, but the best way to rig the shoulderN bones is by rigging them BEFORE anything arm related, also before the shoulderJ, so you can set a single bind weight for the arm till te point where you think it should be 100% following, and then just grow a couple of times (assure you have no center vertices selected) and just blend the hel out of it, rotate, select rough areas that look ugly, and blend the hell out of it... xD
shoulderN bones aren't THAT hard to do...

also remember to take into consideration shoulderN bones dont rotate that much in the animations, so you dont need to test extreme poses on them
I know, I know.

The problem is that Ralph is really fat. DK is more toned and muscular, and thinner than Ralph. So it causes some crazy clipping, even in the BustN and WaistN areas.

lot of pro rigs clip, and they actually USE clipping, just make the clipping not too ugly, but more "natural looking" clothes can get folds :P (are they even called folds, or did i just make up a word?)

It's mostly his strap on his pants that slugs his shoulder... That's what's annoying me the most.

And it's actually a pretty low poly model. So that kinda makes things a bit difficult as well.

The main problem is his belly. Since DK squats a lot, it's just hard to get it to look right with Ralph's fat belly

yeah, understandable, but if it's lowpoly, why not add a couple of vertice loops to the complicated areas?

idk if it's possible without [censored]ing the rig up though...

I'll try. But then again, adding more veers could also make it more difficult to rig

:srs: stop complaining and get to work! :srs: