Nanobud's Sanctuary: Little Mac Attacks

Started by nanobuds, October 26, 2011, 10:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 18, 2013, 06:16:18 AM #5505 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 06:32:02 AM by Nanobuds
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on February 18, 2013, 06:08:35 AM
You've been crazy with those Spec maps for quite a while now, huh? :srs:
Yes.

I want to experiment with them more and master how they work

Post Merge: February 18, 2013, 06:32:00 AM

Quote from: Segtendo on February 18, 2013, 06:15:02 AM
[censored] helps add detail :P

Heres the look I'm aiming for:





I gotta darken the face a bit. And the 3ds max renderer makes things a bit brighter than what Brawl does. What do you guys think about the Spec texture?

February 18, 2013, 10:20:54 AM #5506 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:18:02 AM by joking
his face...sorry, but that's not venusaur...
it's clearly just vysaur, you should edit the head a bit more IMO

edit: proper feedback:

-mouth: the center, see how you kept it ending in a peak, well venusaur's mouth isn't that way anymore, he has the center flattened.
-makig him look fatter... the reason he doesnt look fat enough is the head being wider than the body, instead of editting the body to be fatter, make his head smaller...
-the tree stump should be taller.

all of this has been observated by comparing the model pictures with official art

If I made the tree taller, then the petals won't be animated.

However, I am planning a non-wifi version woh bone edits to make it taller. So don't worry about that.

I know I gotta edit the mouth more, I haven't gotten to that yet

As for his fatness, I'll shrink the head and see how it looks

also just noticed, venusaur's eyes are round shaped :P
and will you add the lower fangs, for when he opens his mouth?

February 18, 2013, 05:53:21 PM #5509 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:10:27 PM by Nanobuds
Quote from: joking on February 18, 2013, 05:49:38 PM
also just noticed, venusaur's eyes are round shaped :P
and will you add the lower fangs, for when he opens his mouth?
Look at the other preview on the previous page. He has the lower fangs, and his eyes are round when I add the proper eye textures

Post Merge: February 18, 2013, 08:10:25 PM

Well. I think hes done.







What do you guys think?

Looks like he's ready to sweep some teams.  Get dat Chlorophyll speed boost and start wrecking the teams of small children.  Nah but in all seriousness good stuff Nano.  Consistently making quality stuff and remaining so active.  Glad you still enjoy what you do.  Can't wait to see him ingame in all his spec map glory.

God Venusaur looks so hype, I can't wait to try him out with Project M's Ivysaur!

one last small nitpick, that doesnt need an urgent change, but well, i'm nitpicky today...

his back legs, make the upper part a bit wider (without moving the legs themself)

look at the difference between forward and back legs:



either if you change it or not, i'll for sure download this

Quote from: Nanobuds on February 18, 2013, 05:53:21 PM
Well. I think hes done.







What do you guys think?
My left click button is ready.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


February 18, 2013, 10:10:56 PM #5514 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:13:02 PM by Nanobuds
Quote from: joking on February 18, 2013, 09:07:54 PM
one last small nitpick, that doesnt need an urgent change, but well, i'm nitpicky today...

his back legs, make the upper part a bit wider (without moving the legs themself)

look at the difference between forward and back legs:



either if you change it or not, i'll for sure download this
Ivysaur's T-Pose has a slight tilt to his butt area. So its going to be lower than the rest of the body.

Tested in-game... eyes are all goofed up.

Moving eyes must hate me.

But I'm glad you guys like him. I'll try to get him released by tonight.

uknow what would be epi?
spikes on the vines :srs:

Quote from: joking on February 18, 2013, 10:54:52 PM
uknow what would be epi?
spikes on the vines :srs:
I'm already pushin filesize 150KB past the limit.

If I add anymore polygons, he may freeze