ShadowSnake's Imports: back with 3 previews of WIPs

Started by ShadowSnake, October 27, 2011, 10:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I have no idea what to import next...

Marcus Fenix :snake:
2 (2.5%)
Jak :falco:
11 (13.6%)
Reptile :sheik:
5 (6.2%)
Spyro :ivysaur:
16 (19.8%)
Delta :samus:
2 (2.5%)
Seargent Johnson :snake:
5 (6.2%)
Genesis :marth:
7 (8.6%)
Desmond Miles :sheik:
4 (4.9%)
Haytham Kenway :ike:
7 (8.6%)
Filler: i don't know any of those characters  :patrick:
22 (27.2%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Quote from: Pear_Knight on November 07, 2012, 09:08:35 PM
*le downloads*

le re-download.

i uploaded the wrong files a minute ago.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


November 07, 2012, 09:13:24 PM #976 Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:55:07 PM by Pear_Knight
Quote from: ShadowSnake on November 07, 2012, 09:11:19 PMle re-download. i uploaded the wrong files a minute ago.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Pear_Knight on November 07, 2012, 09:13:24 PM

. . .


*Sees poll*
Voted for sephy :af:

*Sees title*
I need to change my vote sir.  :>.>:

Quote from: Anivernage on November 07, 2012, 10:58:06 PM. . . *Sees poll* Voted for sephy :af: *Sees title* I need to change my vote sir.  :>.>:
I see what you did to Sephy.... :>.>:

Now do it to KH Sephy. :srs:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

So i want reboot Mew... again. :srs:

But this time with bone edits and added tail bones. I feel like that would make the mod a lot better.

I inspected Snoopy's guide, i think i finally understand it but i couldnt seem to find any unused bones on Ness to even pull it off. So what do you guys think i should do, if there are unused bones then prove me wrong please.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Isn't his backpack bone useless? not sure if it'd work but I think he has one.

Quote from: Iwvi on November 09, 2012, 06:09:13 AM
Isn't his backpack bone useless? not sure if it'd work but I think he has one.

i dont think it is useless, the backpack still has influence on the backpack vertices, not a single other import would use it but a lot of people still have Ness on their sd cards and it would mess up his animations i believe.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Moving bones around doesn't affect animations since you aren't editing animations. So if you were to move his backback down to be a child of the Hip bone, the backpack (or in this case, the tail) would still be animated and affected by physics.

Not to self-promote, but look at my Hydreigon Cosplay thingy. Used the backpack bone for the tail, worked like a charm. :I

it's not so much that the bones need to be completely unused, it's more that you won't be rigging them to the new model. 

so for example, you could easily use Ness's Mouth bones, CapJ, RWaistNb and LWaistNb, and probably even the WaistNb for the tail.  that's 7 bones that you could use for the tail.  and if you want some movement for it, after you position the bones, you can rename them to match other bones, like the LArmJ for example, and it'll use the same rotations and stuff but applied to the tail.

and if you need any help with the bone edits, i'd be happy to help.  bone edits can be a bit tricky sometimes.

and mew doesnt need all the bones remenber you can use like the finger bones and the likes since mew wont get rigged fingers anyway  since his hands are tiny like hell
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry I'm late...

But I have a few things to point out in Sephiroth's rig. And normals.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 10, 2012, 02:12:52 AM #986 Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:38:54 AM by ShadowSnake
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on November 09, 2012, 04:24:50 PM
Sorry I'm late...

But I have a few things to point out in Sephiroth's rig. And normals.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


idk why the normals look bad, i guess max does such a bad job rendering them that i didnt notice it, testing it in-game the normals only have issues on extreme lighting but it is still the first fix that needs to be done, im guessing it messed up when i smoothed him extremely so there idk why the wrist does that, i thought i fixed it but it is an easy fix, the neck looks a lot better, the rig for it is perfect, its just bone alignment that needs adjustment.

Im going to be honest, i did not have any sort of desire to make a v3. But with the pointed out issues, it needs to be done. But not any time soon, he got maybe 10-20 Dls yesterday when i expected a good 100-200. Plus i have several other projects at hand that need to be finished.

Quote from: Snoopy on November 09, 2012, 06:59:18 AM
it's not so much that the bones need to be completely unused, it's more that you won't be rigging them to the new model.  

so for example, you could easily use Ness's Mouth bones, CapJ, RWaistNb and LWaistNb, and probably even the WaistNb for the tail.  that's 7 bones that you could use for the tail.  and if you want some movement for it, after you position the bones, you can rename them to match other bones, like the LArmJ for example, and it'll use the same rotations and stuff but applied to the tail.

and if you need any help with the bone edits, i'd be happy to help.  bone edits can be a bit tricky sometimes.

Thanks for explaining a lot of that, this will help a lot. I have a couple quesions though...

So if we are using something like rshoulderjb to replace rshouldern to move the arm bones into his body some, we delete the original rshouldern and after making rshoulderjb the new parent rename it to rshouldern?

Also, we move the bones using xtranslations will moving any of the children that have a new bone as a parent mess up anything?

Lastly if i were to rename one of the tail bones rarmj and i still had rarmj in effect there would be nothing wrong?
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


I don't understand anything that's going on... Can't wait for Mew though xD


Quote from: ShadowSnake on November 10, 2012, 02:12:52 AM
So if we are using something like rshoulderjb to replace rshouldern to move the arm bones into his body some, we delete the original rshouldern and after making rshoulderjb the new parent rename it to rshouldern?

you shouldn't delete bones, that'll throw off the ThrowN index and cause freezing issues.  you could make the RShoulderJb the direct child of the RShoulderN, with having the RArmJ as the child of the Jb bone, rename it to something else, then move it in a bit.

Quote from: ShadowSnake on November 10, 2012, 02:12:52 AM
Also, we move the bones using xtranslations will moving any of the children that have a new bone as a parent mess up anything?

yep, just move them using the Translations.  once you rename the bones, they'll stay right where they are.  and yes, it'll move all the children it has with it.  it won't mess anything up, as long as the new parent doesn't move.

Quote from: ShadowSnake on November 10, 2012, 02:12:52 AM
Lastly if i were to rename one of the tail bones rarmj and i still had rarmj in effect there would be nothing wrong?

nope, it actually won't mess up anything.  i had to do that with my Klonoa, and that's when i learned that bones can have the same name.  they'll just have the same movements applied when the animations are.

I am back with a nice suprise import.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also I got good and bad news.

Good news is i am back and have more inspiration, time and ideas. So I will be making a lot of imports again.

Bad news is i lost some of my old files like Mew and a couple other projects, I have had to re-do Mew about 2 times and i won't do it a 3rd, i will never import him again, sorry. Rely on someone else to import him.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.