My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render

Started by Xiggah, October 29, 2011, 01:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on December 04, 2011, 04:22:08 AM
Animations wouldn't be hard if the cannon was rigged in such a way that it can move as dynamically as it did in the show.


I don't think the cannon's animations would be a pain. The only animation it has is a scale when it fires, right?

Quote from: Xiggah on December 03, 2011, 07:08:35 AM
You know, I think it's about time for me to say this.... I have a Brawl-esque moveset set out for half of the characters. Almost every single animation for Rainbow Dash has already been planned out, with AppleJack at a close second, followed out by (s)he-who-wll-not-be-named, and a few others with about a quarter of a moveset thought out.

The reason I don't copy Fighting is Magic is because Smash Bros. is a hybrid of a fighting game, not quite like the classic stamina ground-based fighters. It's made as a simple fighter, not relying on complex combos and controls for attacks, and I'm revolving around that rather than a Street Fighter approach.
So, you're saying We're scrapping the foam hand and other props? if so, AW CRAP !!! I was really hoping to see Pinkie with a foam hand! But seriously. the foam hand seems random enough for a smash attack. I mean, maybe we can't like, copy the same animation, but we should edit it to make it look smash bros. Like. Also, I have to admit, the way that rainbow dash animation in the fighting is magic preview doesn't look smash bros. like, but hey, Maybe we could find a way to get some good moves in, like that double party canon as her up smash, the foam hand as he side smash, and such and such. Now i understand even more why Pinkie is going over snake. also, that " (s)he-who-wll-not-be-named" is Pinkie is'n it?  if it is, tell me in a PM. -_-
I'm back after a long while.

id say the foam hand would still be good for a side smash (im no model maker so whoever wants to make stuff like that ill see what i can do when i start the moveset).
and i do believe its F*rainbow*y

Hey everyone sorry been busy got some ideas going but hard to make them into words understandable. So give some feedback or ideas either one is good.
Twilight:
B: Magic ball of energy (chargeable)
Side B: Wacks her enemy with a book
Up B: Teleport
Down B: a relective barrier or absorbing barrier

Fluttershy:
B:Puts enemies to sleep
Side B: The Stare (Paralayzes enemies;does nothing if she is not active in the fight)
Up B: Flys for a bit
Down B:

Rainbow Dash:
B: rainbow version of meta knights spin move
Side B: Fox side b (best way to descirbe it)
Up B: Floats on a cloud or flys
Down B:Counter

AppleJack:
B: her signature applebuck kick
Side B: Throws an apple
Up B: Uses her lasso
Down B:Counter

Pinkie Pie:
B: Chosses from a number of random attacks
Side B: Throws a cupcake
Up B: Ballons wisk her up to the air and eventually pops
Down B: Set a up a prank for unexpected ponies

Raity:
B: "This is winning" same concept as fluttershys stare the longer not used the more powerful it becomes also the attack goes in all directions in a short radius
Side B:
Up B: peachs up b basically
Down B:

BigMac:
B: Chargeable, small radius attack (Like Ikes B attack)
Side B: A charge attack (Like Ikes move)
Up B:
Down B: Counter

Cutie Mark Crusaders: This is up for debate. I like the idea of having the three toghther but if people dont want that to happen just say so and changes will be made.
Scootaloo:
B:
Side B: Rides on her scooter (Pretty much a warrios side b)
Up B: Flys
Down B: Switches with AppleBloom
AppleBloom:
B:
Side B: Throws an apple
Up B: spins her silver loopy loop and flies for a bit
Down B: Switches with SweetieBelle
SweetieBelle:
B:
Side B: Tosses burnt food
Up B: Uses her cape to fly up and slowly descend
Down B:Swicthes with Scootaloo
Spike:
B: breaths fire
Side B:
Up B: Owlowiscious assists spike in flight for a bit
Down B:
Derpy:
B: Muffin throw
Side B: hit foe with her mailbag
Up B: Flys
Down B:
Trixie
B:
Side B: Ness side b
Up B:
Down B: Counter (throws a smoke screen and counter attacks)
Luna:
B:  Canterlot Voice same concept as fluttershys stare the longer not used the more powerful it becomes also the attack goes in all directions in a short radius
Side B:
Up B: flys
Down B: pikachu down b

NightMareMoon
B:
Side B:
Up B: Summons purple cloud and lifts her up or flys
Down B:

The remaining characters are the ones i havnt had time to think for yet:
Celestia,,Discord,Zecrora,Gilda,Spitfire or any other charcter you would like to see.

I'm not saying any of that... I'm just saying that my approach to Brawl will be different than Fighting is Magic. Fighting is Magic is an arcade fighter, using Light-Medium-Heavy attack-based ground-based directional-swishing fighting. Brawl is a hybrid fighting game, simple consistent control scheme for every character, ground-aerial combat, and puts more focus on movement across the stage.

A lot of things will be similar, a lot will be different. Although since you mentioned their standing pose for Rainbow, I took a peek and saw that I have a similar standing pose, so you'll see similarities here and there.

So lemme get this straight, We still are going to use the foam hand, party canon, etc but only in a different way? If so, then i understand, but those attacks in that fighting is magic preview vid look pretty darn good. So maybe The first Rarity attack preview could be a neutral combo attack, and the 2nd move as a side smash attack. Only in a different way, of course.
I'm back after a long while.

Quote from: Redpwnage795 on December 07, 2011, 12:33:18 AM
So lemme get this straight, We still are going to use the foam hand, party canon, etc but only in a different way? If so, then i understand, but those attacks in that fighting is magic preview vid look pretty darn good. So maybe The first Rarity attack preview could be a neutral combo attack, and the 2nd move as a side smash attack. Only in a different way, of course.
that sounds about right to me the hand will probably be a smash attack and i was thinking a medium sized burst with confetti for the NB with the canon. also to my knowledge we cant add external gfx or articles so we do have to pick and choose the props

December 07, 2011, 02:50:49 AM #172 Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:30:00 AM by Redpwnage795
Yeah, also, in that fighting is magic preview vid i showed, there was an attack with pinkie with a double party canon on her head and abdomen. That could be her up smash.

EDIT: I heard the Menu theme. All i have to say is...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
So will the final pack be released when it's done? Also, It's like a pre-hacked brawl like Brawl+ and Brawl-, right? So will it have it's own xml, codeset, etc? But you will release the mane 6 psas right? Also, menu theme link is on first post.
I'm back after a long while.

Quote from: turbobear on December 07, 2011, 02:28:39 AM
that sounds about right to me the hand will probably be a smash attack and i was thinking a medium sized burst with confetti for the NB with the canon. also to my knowledge we cant add external gfx or articles so we do have to pick and choose the props

No... even if props cannot be added, they may be replaced and edited. As each character is replaced, more room opens up for more models and effects.

Quote from: Redpwnage795 on December 07, 2011, 02:50:49 AM
Yeah, also, in that fighting is magic preview vid i showed, there was an attack with pinkie with a double party canon on her head and abdomen. That could be her up smash.

EDIT: I heard the Menu theme. All i have to say is...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
So will the final pack be released when it's done? Also, It's like a pre-hacked brawl like Brawl+ and Brawl-, right? So will it have it's own xml, codeset, etc? But you will release the mane 6 psas right? Also, menu theme link is on first post.

Prehacked download is pretty much what I'm expecting, but rather than waiting until the very end to release it, I'll probably release v0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc., until finished.

Also, can anyone properly instruct me about the anatomy and limb movement of ponies? I want to make sure I have it right before the advanced animations begin.

December 08, 2011, 03:42:05 AM #174 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:49:33 AM by Redpwnage795
Quote from: Xiggah on December 08, 2011, 03:05:04 AM
Prehacked download is pretty much what I'm expecting, but rather than waiting until the very end to release it, I'll probably release v0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc., until finished.
Interesting. I guess i'll have to buy an alternate SD card for when the first one comes out. Can't wait. :) Right now, I don't have any ideas at the moment. However, I'm gonna update my taunt list. from before the second one was posted and other ideas given.

EDIT: Alright I have the update taunt list. I am not trying to steal other people's ideas if they already posted.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Pinkie Pie
Up Taunt: "FOREVER!"
Side Taunt: Okey Dokey Lokey!
Down Taunt: " TWITCHY TWITCH! TWITCHY TWITCH!" (Is that what she said? Cuz i first heard it on TF2's Brony Servers)

Fluttershy
Up Taunt: "I'm a world champ you know. I bet you can't beat me! *squee*"
Side Taunt: "I'll get you yet, my pretties!"
Down Taunt: LOVE ME!!! (credit to Pikazz for suggesting the idea. perhaps could be used if "You're going to LOVE ME!!!" isn't gonna be her FS)

Rarity
Up Taunt: Nothing Came to mind
Side Taunt: Nothing came to mind
Down Taunt: "You make it look like it's going to be hard!"

Twilight Sparkle
Up Taunt: That Creepy Smile and laugh from episode 3 of Season 2.
Side Taunt:No idea
Down Taunt: No idea

Applejack
Up Taunt: Neck extends like in episode 25 of season 1. Similar to the Nope.avi
Side Taunt: No idea
Down Taunt: no idea
Also, i've got a question. Is Derpy gonna be playable? of course making a PSA would be time consuming, so it should probably be a one of those alternate costumes for one of the mane 6. or just simply make a PSA. but of course, the mane 6 need to get done first.
I'm back after a long while.

Quote
Also, can anyone properly instruct me about the anatomy and limb movement of ponies? I want to make sure I have it right before the advanced animations begin.
from what pictures ive seen on pics and from the manikin model the legs work fine and that should be it as far as earth ponies and unicorns are concerned and wings dont really do much so you're probably good limbwise.

Quote from: turbobear on December 08, 2011, 11:20:37 PM
from what pictures ive seen on pics and from the manikin model the legs work fine and that should be it as far as earth ponies and unicorns are concerned and wings dont really do much so you're probably good limbwise.

Thanks. I know the skeleton's right, it's the bending and animation I'm worried about, making sure I'm not bending arms the wrong way, while not constraining the cartoony effects too much.

Also, no comment on additional characters for now. I gotta have some secrets to keep for later!

^Cool. So how are the mane 6 coming along? any moveset updates? Also, I'm pretty sure Fluttershy fans want to see a preiview pic of her. So if possible, try updating the Preview pic of the mane 6 only that Fluttershy is included. or just release a preview pic of Fluttershy herself.
I'm back after a long while.


^AWESOME!!! Defintely. Use the song. It's pretty darn awesome!
I'm back after a long while.