My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render

Started by Xiggah, October 29, 2011, 01:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Redpwnage795 on December 31, 2011, 03:51:35 AM
Which one, the CSS icon or the Model?

I think he's talking about the model. Great job by the way, guys. I'll give you a heads up too: My partner in the project is thinking about advertising a contest for My Little Pony models with prizes. I'm not entirely sure why myself, but he's thinking about it!

For models? Like, making models? Or doing something so we can get a model? Because either of those sounds wonderful right now.

(Psst! Make him include animation! Do it! Pleaaaase!)


Quote from: Spex130 on December 31, 2011, 06:52:50 AM
For models? Like, making models? Or doing something so we can get a model? Because either of those sounds wonderful right now.

(Psst! Make him include animation! Do it! Pleaaaase!)

Making models. I already tried getting models from various artists, but to no avail... (Looks like I'll be making my own Spike and Discord models)

Quote from: Xiggah on December 31, 2011, 05:40:27 AM
I think he's talking about the model. Great job by the way, guys. I'll give you a heads up too: My partner in the project is thinking about advertising a contest for My Little Pony models with prizes. I'm not entirely sure why myself, but he's thinking about it!
Yeah I was talking about my model. Sorry, I should have made it more clear.

January 02, 2012, 12:51:06 AM #229 Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:22:49 AM by Redpwnage795
Yeah. right now, I found names, and i'm making it. It's taking quite some work.

EDIT: They are DONE! I also made a *Team icon. (Once again, Xiggah, Please credit me if you use these in the hack.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
So what do you guys think?
I'm back after a long while.

I'm not sure if the team icons should feature gray colors to be honest, I had figured that they should be completely black (or gray?) and white like the Brawl team icons. Also, I can't really say whether or not one team icon will represent all of them or if we can use multiple team icons...

Franchise is franchise. Warp Star doesn't really rep Meta Knight that well but hey, it's there, no?

As for that team icon, isn't it a bit complicated? Probably could get away with a horseshoe or something.
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on January 02, 2012, 07:39:43 AM
Franchise is franchise. Warp Star doesn't really rep Meta Knight that well but hey, it's there, no?

As for that team icon, isn't it a bit complicated? Probably could get away with a horseshoe or something.

I can't say I've looked into the specifics for team icons: I'm guessing that it's possible to change which of the 21-something icons each character loads on the results screen, possibly including the few team icons used only for stages like Hanenbow or Pictochat. And to be more specific, either every pony have the same icon, or in an extreme each one could have their own team icon, for example their cutie mark as their team icon. It comes down to how many characters are replaced, but it would be easiest to say we can replace any icon, or even any character as needed.

Also, blog update. Shouldn't all the bronies around here gather together to work on hacks?

Think team icons might actually be hard coded to each character, actually, but don't trust me on that.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 02, 2012, 07:48:41 AM
Also, blog update. Shouldn't all the bronies around here gather together to work on hacks?

You make it sound like people actually want to do work. I haven't really noticed a lot of you brony guys around this forum, really. By the way, the link in the blog post was broken.
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Thanks for telling me about the link, it's fixed now.

I agree with you on the not a lot of seeing bronies part, but when I search on the brawl mods, and now when I look at Equestria Daily, I see people doing Brawl mods... they must be lurking the forums, never posting. Or never embracing this pony thread hidden in the Model Imports section.

Or y'know they just don't come to this forum. Wouldn't hurt to do some publicity stuff. Get across your group project message and all.
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on January 02, 2012, 09:23:45 AM
Or y'know they just don't come to this forum. Wouldn't hurt to do some publicity stuff. Get across your group project message and all.

I thought that I wouldn't be able to get the proper publicity without a video preview with animation. Without proper shading, lighting, and model edits might do, but animation is a must. Then, a publicity stunt will be made!

Breaking news, I just finished the touches on my animation exporter. It gets the job done, so now I can focus on the other unannounced aspects of the project.

Why's there unannounced stuff if you're trying to do some kind of group thing, anyway? Would be good to get some input going, no?
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on January 02, 2012, 10:42:54 AM
Why's there unannounced stuff if you're trying to do some kind of group thing, anyway? Would be good to get some input going, no?

In some cases, no: which characters are in a fighting game matter a lot, so I can't say what the complete roster should be, not that it isn't negotiable. But I'll still talk in-depth about characters, stuff like Trixie's voice lines or what moveset Derpy should have, whether or not they get to be a playable character at all.

January 04, 2012, 01:55:56 AM #239 Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:55:43 AM by Redpwnage795
Or we could have already-rigged models and people can use brawlbox and use as it one of the alternate costumes. But on team icons, Since Toon Link Shares the same team icon as Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, and Ness and Lucas having the same icon as well. I suppose all should share one icon, but the hard part is... what IS supposed to be the icon? Also, about the team icon i posted, It may not look like it, but when i inserted it into brawl, it looked pretty darn good. Now moving on to CSS Icons and in game names, I'm thinking i should do Rainbow Dash next. But In-game name is gonna be hard as hell. so should i still do Rainbow Dash? or do a different one? well, it's my choice. but i think i should do Rainbow Dash.

EDIT: Made up my mind and went ahead and made this. only took 7 minutes.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Since making in-game names is hard, I might as well do CSS icons for the others.

EDIT 2: I finished them! I have to say, they look awesome!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
So what do you guys think? Please Credit me if used in the hack because i spent time making these.
I'm back after a long while.