My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render

Started by Xiggah, October 29, 2011, 01:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yeah, i was considering putting it on mediafire with a password. i'll give the password here once  i upload it.
I'm back after a long while.


January 06, 2012, 04:41:56 AM #257 Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:43:35 AM by Xiggah
Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on January 06, 2012, 03:00:07 AM
Umm...I sent you a pm...


Sorry I didn't respond in time.

By the way, if you or anyone else is willing to animate in 3DS Max then I can put up a download for my animation exporter and perhaps the pony model to animate with too. In 3DS Max.

EDIT: I don't expect anyone to step up to animating. What I would really like is someone to help work with the material and shader files.

I responded, and nah, I won't be going to bed for about an hour ^_^

How difficult is it to animate in Max?
I got nothing but free time and once I pick something up completely I can try and run with it.
I may actually use Max over Brawlbox when I animate Krystal if this script of yours works the way I think it does. =3

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on January 06, 2012, 04:50:53 AM
I responded, and nah, I won't be going to bed for about an hour ^_^

How difficult is it to animate in Max?
I got nothing but free time and once I pick something up completely I can try and run with it.
I may actually use Max over Brawlbox when I animate Krystal if this script of yours works the way I think it does. =3

Animating in Brawlbox is moving bones hand-by-hand, and that's it. Animating in Max is flexible: For example, rather than only being able to move the foot bone from the leg position, I can move the leg bone or the body while keeping the foot bone in place: Very useful for animations on the ground. Animation is done mostly with dummies around the body, set up to move multiple parts of the body at the time. Check a youtube video for a rig demonstration, they're very handy.

Sure, maybe once I check out some tutorials and whatnot I'll take a look into animating in max since the brawlbox is kind of well iffy when it comes to animating.

Here's to luck on both of our endeavors *brofist*

January 07, 2012, 12:14:02 AM #261 Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:07:37 AM by Redpwnage795
AS you can probably see, I deleted the old icons. (Dashie, AJ, Rarity, and TS) Because they looked like fail. but however, after some extra work, they are BACK! new and improved!  :happy:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
NOW what do you guys think? do they need more improvement, or are they fine now? Also, seeing the huge improvement, should i remake Pinkie and Fluttershy?
I'm back after a long while.


January 07, 2012, 05:41:09 AM #263 Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:42:01 AM by Redpwnage795
Thanks. And i gave it some thought that if i could improve 4, i could improve pinkie and fluttershy! so here they are, NEW AND IMPROVED!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Now i need some dog-gone credit if all these are used in the hack! I AM CREDIT TO HACK TEAM! (I think)
I'm back after a long while.

I'm going to be generous with the credit: I'll have a whole page on the website dedicated to credit, because I'll be expecting to have over a thousand references from others in the game. It'll be hard to try to fit those in the game's actual credits... And I meant to say website. We're getting a custom URL up and running.

About that animating thing. I'd like to try too.

Also, I've been experimenting with the shaders and materials lately, and I'd like to see if I can get the cell shading working.

If I can get an Env to work, Cell can't be too hard, right?


Quote from: Spex130 on January 07, 2012, 08:14:23 AM
About that animating thing. I'd like to try too.

Also, I've been experimenting with the shaders and materials lately, and I'd like to see if I can get the cell shading working.

If I can get an Env to work, Cell can't be too hard, right?

Thanks for stepping up. And it shouldn't be too hard: especially when the wind waker trophies are basically a roadmap to unused lighting effects for Brawl. But it's still complicated from what I saw in the trophy model files... they seem to have shading textures.

Willing to work with animations as well, actually. Experimented with 3DSMax for a bit. Don't have a heck of a lot to be doing for a good long while anyway.

also granny smith is amazing
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Oh man, this took way too long.

Anyways, I got Tetra's materials and shaders working on this Diglett. It's a step, but the thing is that every part of Diglett is single-bound.


I gotta check if it works on objects that aren't single-bound (which I fear it may not, if this works anything like metal.)

Anyways, pictures.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Good work on the shaders working.... it's more than I've done. Anyways, since there's support for animation I'll be putting up a download for the rig and animation exporter: it'll get released faster depending on how much I get yelled at for it not being released. Especially since I'm programming the undo/redo features in Brawlbox as well