Old Fire Emblem thread ~ Moved!

Started by Vert092, November 01, 2011, 12:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Serenesheron on November 10, 2011, 04:26:07 PMI ripped some models awhile back for paper-crafting, and I think I got most of the laguz in both human and beast form. The rips aren't the best, and they would probably have to be re-sized and posed, as they came out of the game a little warped. There are also some third-tier units and a few weapons textures, although I don't remember exactly which ones.  Mostly magic books, I think. Some thumbnails of included models. There are more in there, But I only have screenshots for these:
(IMAGES REMOVED FROM QUOTE)
If anyone is interested in messing with them, or just wants the textures, the pack is here, for whatever it's worth. http://www.mediafire.com/?5bm4osp7r28dj77 (Personally, I think Deghinsea would be awesome ported over Ganondorf...)

Thanks a billion!
How did I get here?


Come visit my website!
(Using adfly links for maintenance cost)
Main site:
http://adf.ly/3Pm90

Forums:
http://adf.ly/3Pm28

Quote from: Vert092 on November 10, 2011, 09:45:00 PM
Boyd was pretty much finished except his shirt, until I fix it. I's very time consming.
Anyway, download links added. Now go port some epic stuff, haha
Splendid!




Quote from: xX_TenkaichiTerror_Xx on November 18, 2011, 01:05:59 AMi vertexed hector from fe7 but never relesed him :p

:O

DO it!
How did I get here?


Come visit my website!
(Using adfly links for maintenance cost)
Main site:
http://adf.ly/3Pm90

Forums:
http://adf.ly/3Pm28


Got Wind sage Soren and 3rd tier Marcia finished as well, too lazy to post pictures at the moment.
But I would like to request some constructive criticism on this one, I've made more progress on Fir, specially on her face, hair and legs. I know I have to finish the textures of the body, the colours of the jacket and those lips, but I'd like to know if someone sees anything wrong with it that I missed:







December 03, 2011, 02:58:28 PM #38 Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:59:34 PM by Albafika
Comapring these two:





I can see many differences:

The belt on her waist is missing its end (Something popping from the left (In our point of view) And the color needs to match.

The shoes are blue (Brown on the bottom line of them).

Ella no tiene la cerradura del cinturon en su pecho como en el modelo tuyo.

Las guantillas deben enseñar los dedos.

El final de la blusa tiene que tener amarillo 2 veces, en ves de 1 entero y grande.

Las guantillas son como azules tirando para negro. ._.

Quizas puedes agregarle mas detalles a la colita? Por lo que veo en la foto, esta con 2 amarres.

Siento que la cara debe tener la quijaa un poco mas corta.

La jacketa necesita mas trabajo de modelo en la area de los hombros.

Se que dijiste que sabias que la textura necesitaba mas trabajo, pero mencione sus problemas en caso no hayas notado alguno de estos.

No conosco a Fir, solo base mi feedback de la imagen. .-.

Por lo que veo son pocos detalles los que le faltan, en general, si resembla a Fir. =D

Y ahora me has inspirado a finalmente jugar el juego de Roy. -__-


Looks good, but it would look better with my Greil imported over Ike. Other than that, great job!
Also, I almost finished my Roy edit. I only have to fix his face textures, but it may take a while since I'm playing Skyward sword right now:






Godly.
Can't wait to see him released.

January 03, 2012, 02:57:10 AM #42 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:49:46 AM by Thany
Long time, no see!

You can use the face texture that I whipped up for my Roy. (I'll PM you the link for it in a minute, and the face fixes I did, as it looks like his vertex's face is part of your model.)

Meant to give this to you waaaaaaaaaaaaaay earlier, but I got a little carried away with fixing the faces on BY's RoyV3 model(And X-mas!). I've almost finished my own vertex of a RoyV4. ^_^'''

Anyway, I must bring 3 more things up about the model you've put together...(I know, I'm nitpicky. Heh heh ^_^)

1. His hands.

   I would really suggest swapping the hands back to his vertex's, given how notoriously difficult properly rigging fingers is. With the vertex's hands, they'd already be in the correct position and be in line with Marth's bone structure, and it's not something that many people would notice.

2. His hair.

  I know you said you wanted to stick with the vertex's hair, but I personally feel we can aim for a greater level of detail with his Melee hair. Just wanted to bring that back up again.(Or perhaps if someone wanted to rig him for Brawl, the option to use the Melee hair could be negotiated?)

3. The sheathe.

  Nothing too big, no worries, it's just that the positioning seems a little off from his Melee model's positioning. I'll use my recent vertex work as a comparison.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


  Just a little bit of translating it over and down and smidgen. Maybe rotating it.
Don't forget which way the sheathe goes as well. I think it might be on backwards judging by those two previews, but I cannot say.
  The more "open" side of the top of the sheathe actually faces away from his back, while the bigger part that on the other side that faces towards Roy has the little metal thingy to keep it attached to his belt.


Eh...I threw together a quick doodle to better show what I mean;(Plus, my vertex of the sheathe can only replicate it so far....It has no where near the amount of vertices to make a very detailed reproduction...)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


But yeah. Glad this is running smoothly :3   Also also....I wish I had Skyward Sword ;__;
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

After looking at both his Melee CSP and trophy, the sheath position Vert092 uses seems more accurate then the position you use Thany.

Yeah, thanks to Thany, I finally finished this model of Roy.  It uses new irises based on thany's, new "reflections" and eyebrows thanks to thany as well.
And about what you said of the model:

Hands:
Can't do anything about it, I can't convert the hands of the vertex to an usable .obj file, so the one who wants to rig this for brawl will have to deal with it.

Melee hair:
I actually tried it now. It just looks bad, its too messy and looks weird on this model. It would only look decent using his whole head from melee. And I won't do that, since Marth's brawl face has actual eyes and is higher poly. Also, it doesn't smooth properly.



(It looks even weirder from the back)

Sheathe:
As ds22 said, you have the wrong position. Just think that drawing the sword from your sheath would be very difficult in real- life, and that would result in very unrealistic animations ^^
However I rotated it a bit, as you said.

Here are some final renders:










I still have to pack everything and release it, but first I'd like to let you know that I feel like moving this Roy project to a new thread in the model imports section, because the vertex section is pretty much dead right now, hehe.
Also Thany, are you going to rig this for brawl over Marth?