GBC and Dot's Derp: Arena Ferox

Started by GBC, November 03, 2011, 08:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Well sometimes it's nice to have multiple opinions so you end up making the person who likes it happy but end up making the rest upset. To me he looked a little squished but that could've been because of the animation or being over Ness...or it could've just been the picture. Other than that he looked great to me, I guess maybe I shouldn't take a modeling class because I'd end up being worried about the tiny things because I always want the hack to be perfect. :P
On the side note of the 3ds having multiple hands, I also noticed that, brings me back to the good old N64 days and all the 3D Super Mario games since they all use multiple hands, and OoT 3D. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 03, 2013, 05:00:55 PM
Well sometimes it's nice to have multiple opinions so you end up making the person who likes it happy but end up making the rest upset. To me he looked a little squished but that could've been because of the animation or being over Ness...or it could've just been the picture. Other than that he looked great to me, I guess maybe I shouldn't take a modeling class because I'd end up being worried about the tiny things because I always want the hack to be perfect. :P
On the side note of the 3ds having multiple hands, I also noticed that, brings me back to the good old N64 days and all the 3D Super Mario games since they all use multiple hands, and OoT 3D. xD

You make a good point.

In that case...I'll redo my critique.

*AHEM*

The details on the texture are amazing, I don't think I could improve this, and I think it would be hard to do so with a specular map. I would have to look at the texture up close and personal with the file itself to be sure though. The model for the most part looks amazing too. There are a few notable discrepancies I can make out, but overall, Mega Man looks awesome.

The only things I really have to pick at are that he seems too dark compared to the other characters from my perspective. The dark blue could be just a tiny bit brighter. The shine could be a teeny bit brighter too...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: GBC on July 03, 2013, 07:51:09 AM
they do critique my work all the time(like twice a week) the thing is no one here knows how to properly critique anything themselves and nitpicking over somthing would have my critique be worse as more than likely i wouldnt have finished the assignment. to properly critique somthing u state the good, then somthing that can be improved, then somthing thats good again, then give an overall summary of what your critiqueing, most people here just jump into the tiny flaws rather than looking at the big picture that it does in fact look like megaman. as an example, somone having a "good enough" looking room with all the furniture and stuff  modeled will be better than someone having a perfect hyper realistic desk lamp modeled and the rest of the room unfinished leading to this person to get a lower grade when the assignment is to have a finished room. this can be applied to megaman because i can spend weeks or months trying to nitpick and make everything be perfect but will those small nitpicks really make that much of a difference? the answer to that is no. id hate to have people wait months just because the blue is tiny bit off and then when im finished it would barely look any different. now you may be thinking "you dont say this when people say it great" and thats because they arent critquing at all what theyre doing is just praising the model, the main thing here is im not "mad" that your critiquing its just your doing it wrong

critique sammich!

megaman will be released today before 6:00 my time which is in 2 hours so yea i fixed up the blue and shine the rim lighting version however he didnt look too different when i added it since it wouldnt work on the shiny parts even when i did what nanobuds suggested of combining the textures so yea..... ill still add it if u guys want it but theres like no difference at all just the body is rim lit
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Did you use the rim lighting material and shader?

Mewtwo2000 somehow did it with Vaanrose's "Mewthree" model

yes i did but when i did it made the shine textures dark and when i removed it and tried just the edge textures it didnt look any different from the original

EDIT: Megaman is released
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Expect a lot of recolors of him. >.>

Also, I looked in the FitMotion.........wut? :srs:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509


Quote from: Chaos_Knight on July 04, 2013, 12:19:39 AM
Expect a lot of recolors of him. >.>

Also, I looked in the FitMotion.........wut? :srs:

i know and XDDDD u found out the easter egg also does anyone know how to make the preview pics bigger? because i made a banner for it and it always appears small
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.


Quote from: Mr.MW on July 04, 2013, 12:31:43 AM
u gotta upload the pic on the second image option instead of the first

thanks, pic is fixed now
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.


Dat Metal blade texture.
GBC. Are you a wizard?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


What happened to Ness's yoyo? It's not chargeable. Well, Megaman is awesome.

Quote from: Syeo on July 04, 2013, 10:41:12 AM
What happened to Ness's yoyo? It's not chargeable. Well, Megaman is awesome.

I'm assuming it had something to do with the one-slot resize. Many of those do alter effects of moves. The yo-yo still charges on the other slots even as the blade.