Super Mario 64 Moveset Hack: Back in the Works, got SM64 Mario & Luigi working!!

Started by StupidMarioFan1, November 04, 2011, 12:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What do you guys want the most in v5.0?

Remade Animations of most if not all of the ones in the moveset
4 (9.1%)
All A Attacks Completed
0 (0%)
All Specials Completed
1 (2.3%)
All Item-related things Completed
0 (0%)
Only SM64 Imported Models
0 (0%)
Slightly Updated SFX Pack with sounds that weren't in the Melee Mario voice pack
1 (2.3%)
Figure out how to get a working Vanish Cap mode
2 (4.5%)
Give the Cap Powers a Time Limit if you can
5 (11.4%)
Hey look I'm a [censored] and I'm going to say for you STMF1 to give up on this thing
1 (2.3%)
Get Mario/Luigi to flash inivisible when hurt and flash metal when electricuted
1 (2.3%)
Get Mario/Luigi to play a different animation when dead in a Stamina Match
0 (0%)
MUST HAVE ABILITY TO DIE FROM TOXIC GAS IN MOVESET
0 (0%)
The Hidden Triple Jump from Yoshi after getting 120 Power Stars when having 120% damage
3 (6.8%)
A FUKING WORKING FINAL SMASH DOMIT STMF1!!! :rage:
19 (43.2%)
Mario/Luigi to fall asleep after not moving for 30 secs
1 (2.3%)
Dude that SM64 Mario import is looking so great, you've improved a lot throughout this year! I expect v5.0 to look just as good!! ;D
6 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 44

I started this hack quite a few months befure getting my acount here, so I did not make this quickly. I noticed that the only SM64 hacks that are for Mario are textures, so I wanted to make a PSA/moveset hack to go with my SM64 and LM64 textures. You don't need the textures, it just fits better with some sort of SM64 texture. This will have multiple versions, due to me giving it multiple updates. Most animations are the original Brawl animations, either remade to make it sortof fit with the custom ones or with just little changes, like the hands. Here are the different versions and there changes from the original game and previous versions. Now that the SM64 Model has been imported, there will be a seperate version of this hack made just for that model. So you won't get the best results with this hack if you use it with the SM64 Mario Model.

SM64 Moveset v1.0
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SM64 Moveset v2.0
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SM64 Moveset v3.0
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SM64 Moveset v4.0
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



SM64 Moveset v5.0 (Work In Progress)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'll try to fix the FS in v5.0, so then all I'll have to worry about later is just perfecting the animations. You must check the Smash Ball off if fighting any Mario CPUs, since the CPUs are not updated with the custom PSA, they still think that they are playing with the original PSA so they'll use the smash ball if they get it, so if you forget to turn it off, make sure to get it first, do whatever you can to knock it out of the CPU. If you have, don't use the neutral B for the rest of the match and getting it back if knocked out, or commiting suicide. Every once and a while the game doesn't freeze, but it rarely happens. :o
REMEMBER THIS IS NOT DONE YET!!!!!! :srs:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

wait for the model import of super mario 64 model :D i think it is segtendo that is making him
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Interessing.

And camonsters making Mario64.

God luck with this XD
Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
PSA 2.35:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
Competitive play Official thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

November 06, 2011, 07:57:21 AM #4 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:57:56 AM by Allav866
SM64 Model is out. I'm gonna try this PSA with it real quick.
EDIT: Other than slight disfigurement during some animations, the only problems I have with it are:

  • Wait animation. He looks like he's squatting
  • Victory Taunt 1. If FLUDD isn't Necessary anymore, maybe she could be replaced with the Key?
  • Victory Taunt 2 & 3. Mario's hair has not been imported, so he looks ridiculous.
  • Most of his Animations (especially his victories and waits) need to be slowed down
  • He T-Poses on Ladders
  • Final Smash freezes the game randomly.

I'm updating as I explore this PSA's problems.
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

I knew the Final Smash freezes the game after Mario uses it due to vontower's Cape Mario v2 having the same problem, I used his motion and PSA as the base, deleted the command to generate the cape, and so on. I should probably add that to the post, and one thing is the "SM64" Mario model the SSB64 Mario model? There are many differences between the two, and SSB64 is the only one where not many of the characters look better than the other N64 games, atleast not Mario and Link. One thing that I'm hoping for is someone (Even if that someone is me) to export Mario from Super Mario 64 and import that into brawl. It can be exported someone did that to make a ragdoll for Gmod. He made Mario do a backflip and export the model when Mario had his arms out after landing on the ground. I'm also going to take more looks at the original Super Mario 64's animations and update the ones in this hack.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

[censored] how typing posts work here on BrawlVault!!! It keeps going back to the top everytime I type something, when the post is really long. So sorry for any typos at the middle, bottom, and inbetween of the post.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

You can remove your own posts you know.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Thanks, is there a page that explains everything, or atleast majority of what the icons and buttons do when you're posting something. It tells you some of the stuff when you move the mouse pointer over the icon, but it would make my life a little bit easier if the was a README or something.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Not that I know of, you'll figure it all out soon though~
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

November 07, 2011, 05:01:22 AM #10 Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:02:15 AM by Allav866
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on November 06, 2011, 07:06:10 PM
I should probably add that to the post, and one thing is the "SM64" Mario model the SSB64 Mario model?
No. It's the model from SM64. Anyways, somebody really needs to import Mario's hair. even without this PSA, he takes it off for one of his taunts.
Too many people want to import their favorite characters as quickly as possible, and end up giving it a half-arsed effort. :srs:
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

I see what you mean about the model import, I've decided to do another version of this hack when I'm completely done with it, or pretty close to it and fix the animations for the SM64 Mario model. I'm working on v3.0 for the moveset hack, made the wait animation closer to SM64 Mario's(for the normal or true Mario model, not the SM64 one) and I made a WaitDamage, still working on getting the game to work on that part. I had an idea of Mario having like 100% damage and would have the animation to when Mario has one or two wedges of health left in SM64, not getting the game to change wait animations even with the right commands, it crashes with the change subaction, but it doesn't goto the offset. Only time it worked is when I replace one of the normal wait offsets, but the damage wouldn't matter. He would do the animation at the same moments he would do Wait2 or 3. I made a bunch of other animations better, I'm going to have to redo pretty much every animations from scratch to try and match the SM64 "feel", and so he goes back to the Wait animation.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Allav866 on November 07, 2011, 05:01:22 AM
No. It's the model from SM64. Anyways, somebody really needs to import Mario's hair. even without this PSA, he takes it off for one of his taunts.
Too many people want to import their favorite characters as quickly as possible, and end up giving it a half-arsed effort. :srs:
okay, wrong. its hard to import models. they don't make them "quickly", seeing that it is really hard. it is also har dot make. which is why even the best hackers have trouble. how about you take a model and import it in 5 mins? that isnt easy. dont say these things without even trying

[/rant]
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on November 08, 2011, 12:53:21 AM
okay, wrong. its hard to import models. they don't make them "quickly", seeing that it is really hard. it is also har dot make. which is why even the best hackers have trouble. how about you take a model and import it in 5 mins? that isnt easy. dont say these things without even trying

[/rant]
Sorry. I heard it was easy, and I guess that was a rude thing to say, especially since I haven't made so much as a single vertex hack around here.

My sincerest apologies.
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

November 09, 2011, 02:59:45 AM #14 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:00:45 AM by StupidMarioFan1
Quote from: Allav866 on November 06, 2011, 07:57:21 AMSM64 Model is out. I'm gonna try this PSA with it real quick. EDIT: Other than slight disfigurement during some animations, the only problems I have with it are:
  • Victory Taunt 1. If FLUDD isn't Necessary anymore, maybe she could be replaced with the Key?
  • Most of his Animations (especially his victories and waits) need to be slowed down
Okay so is the arms the only animation glitch or are there other things I would need to change on the version for the model? And about some of the animations need to be slowed down, I noticed that Brawl's animations play very quickly, I mean the original animations for pretty much any character are fast, so it kinda fits both Brawl and Super Mario 64, kinda.
Another thing about the model import, like SonicBrawler said, its hard, and importing from a N64 game is even harder. Back then the models didn't have bones attached the mesh, the was a skeleton for the animations, it just didn't mess with the model, but the polygons were rotated into place every frame. So first off its not in a T-stance, and second it doesn't have bones, but that might not matter in this case. I could be wrong but I know that Super Mario 64 was like this, this might not apply to every N64 game, but the early ones for sure.
And the key, I would do but I don't know where the Key item is in the iso, when I add a command in the PSA to generate the key, it doesn't work, it doesn't even make a difference in0-game, like the command was never there. So I need to take the key model and put that in the FItMarioMotion.pac, I just don't know what the name of the file is. I noticed that there aren't any hacks concering the adventure items, like the key and trophy stand. So if you find out wehat file the key is in, then please tell me.[/list]
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.