Super Mario 64 Moveset Hack: Back in the Works, got SM64 Mario & Luigi working!!

Started by StupidMarioFan1, November 04, 2011, 12:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What do you guys want the most in v5.0?

Remade Animations of most if not all of the ones in the moveset
4 (9.1%)
All A Attacks Completed
0 (0%)
All Specials Completed
1 (2.3%)
All Item-related things Completed
0 (0%)
Only SM64 Imported Models
0 (0%)
Slightly Updated SFX Pack with sounds that weren't in the Melee Mario voice pack
1 (2.3%)
Figure out how to get a working Vanish Cap mode
2 (4.5%)
Give the Cap Powers a Time Limit if you can
5 (11.4%)
Hey look I'm a [censored] and I'm going to say for you STMF1 to give up on this thing
1 (2.3%)
Get Mario/Luigi to flash inivisible when hurt and flash metal when electricuted
1 (2.3%)
Get Mario/Luigi to play a different animation when dead in a Stamina Match
0 (0%)
MUST HAVE ABILITY TO DIE FROM TOXIC GAS IN MOVESET
0 (0%)
The Hidden Triple Jump from Yoshi after getting 120 Power Stars when having 120% damage
3 (6.8%)
A FUKING WORKING FINAL SMASH DOMIT STMF1!!! :rage:
19 (43.2%)
Mario/Luigi to fall asleep after not moving for 30 secs
1 (2.3%)
Dude that SM64 Mario import is looking so great, you've improved a lot throughout this year! I expect v5.0 to look just as good!! ;D
6 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 44

All right a little preview time! :af2:
A few pics of the updated Wait, which has also been slowed down, SM64 Mario will be kind of slow in this version, I mean animation wise, since people complained in teh past that he moved too fast, of course I doubt I'll get him to move slowly on the Down-B. Also shows the Wing Cap which is the original 2D Textures, and have been positioned on the cap like they were in SM64. :af:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Closely accurate metals, and the unused Metal Wing Cap textures, yes Fludd/Cape in SMBZ/Wing Cap can have metals, why Fludd didn't have metals to begin with is just as mysterious as why Nintendo didn't give the metals on DK, IC, ect transparency. go figure :srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

A few pics of the new WaitItem, which still needs a little more updating, which is what Mario stood like when holding a small box, Bom-omb, Tuxie and the Baby Penguin, how Staraxxon/VL-Tone found out it's name is another mystery. :srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also the updated WaitDamage, which only the ones who watch my Youtube vid of v3.0 will know what it first looked like.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Since the option for a working FS is winning in the poll, and because I'm tired of having to make sure the Smash Ball is off when fighting SM64 Mario, I'll try as hard as I can to make sure it works this time. I'm hoping to get it to be similar to Yoshi's or Sonic's cause I want  Mario to put on the Wing Cap, Triple Jump into the air and then fly around while hurting anyone he comes into contact with.
Also have gotten more SM64 models. ;)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

As you can see the Bowser Key and Power Star are in the same mdl0, they are over the Cape since it has two animations...actually the Bowser Key was always over the Cape, thankfully I figured out how to play each animation when I wait them to play, so the Bowser Key uses one animation, which was the Cape's animation for the SpecialS, and the Power Star uses what was the Cape's animation for SpecialAerialS...which unless I'm mistaken those two animations were the exact same. O.o
So as you can see, there will be a lot to look forward to, New Models, New Features, and New Animations. :happy:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

A FS working? Anyway the animations look amazing. And the models too.:)

I'm also going to edit Brawl and True Mario to work with the moveset, by giving them mutliple hands with edited finger positions to avoid have to waist memory by having the finger bones' aniamtions data.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.


Wow Stupid! that's great! ;D once this gets released it's going straight onto my SD forevor. :srs:

until v6.0 comes out....if I end up having to make another version that is. lol Anyways got Brawl mario compatible with teh moveset, just need to do True Mario now.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

I'm gonna assume brawl mario's legs are gonna be a little wonky, but I love a hack that brings a laugh. :P like Petey Piranha's run animation and the Deadpool's hilarious animations. ;D

SM64 Mario, ignore the way that the Power Star and Bowser Key are roated at the momment, I'll fix it. :srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Brawl Mario, just needs the metals added, which will not use it's own metal texture like SM64 Mario Bros.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

True Mario, who I forgot to change which texture that the Kage uses, needs metals, and a little texture fix. lol But since he uses the same hands as Brawl Mario, don't really need to show the Peace Sign do I? :>.>:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.


Dude it is awesome that this Moveset is being updated.
My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIZiiqCTRpJzGerDPthk_BQ

My Twitter
https://twitter.com/jnernerman


Add me on video games and stuffs
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: chaoswolf on February 12, 2013, 12:44:28 AM
Is the SM64 moveset able to work without the textures?
Most Mario imports/textures will work without causing any gameplay areas, it'll just look weird for the most part.
For v1.0 & v2.0 the included models aren't needed they were just included to look better with their solid colors, but v3.0 and v4.0 need the wing cap model to avoid having Fludd, SMBZ Cape, or whatever is over Fludd in the pac/pcs appearing inside Mario's head.
In v5.0, the lastest WIP version, since the animations are being made using Mario's model from SM64, it's recommended that the included models are used, but since I did make a few bone edits to the Brawl Mario and True Mario models to have multiple hands like SM64 Mario to reduce the amount of bones used in animations, most Mario hacks will have their hands at the default pose, but since I didn't mess with bone indexes, gameplay won't be messed up when not using the edited models.
Really the only thing that causes the game to freeze/crash is the FS, until I fix that, and then any Mario pac/pcs that are high in file size.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.


Quote from: MarioStar+ on February 17, 2013, 08:00:34 AM
So how are things going here? :)
Well nothing new, been so busy with imports I keep forgetting to work on this. After I finish the next demo of my SM64 Hack called Super Mario 64 2: Bowser's Revenge, I'll be updating the SM64 Mario and Luigi (SM64 model hack of Mario by Staraxxon/VL-Tone) and then I'll work on this moveset. Though I will not promise when to expect more from this version, to avoid making people mad for not posting previews of anything. :|
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

After over a year of avoiding this hack because I knew I would have to start back from an unedited FitMario.pac, I have finally decided to work on this again.
Because I had decided to use SM64 Mario as the main model and then have re-rigged versions of other Mario models like Brawl & True Mario, I decided to take advantage of SM64 Mario not needing like half of Mario's bones.
I have successfully made both SM64 Mario and SM64 Luigi compatible with this moveset, a pic of the two and SM64 Luigi over Brawl Luigi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The only side effect of the bone edits is just how they hold items, which only effects gameplay when swinging the Homerun Bat & Beamsword, all other items work perfectly, and I should be able to fix the Bat & Beamsword by re-animating those animations.
Other than that they work perfectly, and a plus from starting from scratch with the FitMario.pac is that Mario's final works.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I have decided to post a list of what I plan on each move being, please note that I have not thought of all of the moves yet, and these ones can change in the future and because I know that this won't be the final version, some things will be left unedited for the time being.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.