BlackJax Quality™ Model Imports

Started by BlackJax96, November 08, 2011, 02:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What's one mod I started that you really wish I had finished?

Yep. I have absolutely no knowledge on how to conveniently model what I want; I've been editing planes and spheres vertex by vertex so far which is incredibly time consuming. So I'm going to switch to Maya as soon as summer starts and teach myself how to model. :O

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
(That's an emote that comes with the japanese keyboard on my phone LOL)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 01, 2013, 04:39:46 AM
perhaps ヽ(^w^)丿

holy [censored] you're alive o.o
Thanks and whatnot

but samus has huge boobs already! :P

it'd be cool to see a well-endowed zelda, but it'd be a bit weird with the clipping from the hair.

but that yoko shader is really cool so far.

It would be cool to see what you could make from scratch. I remember Beyond making an awesome Kratos model from scratch a while ago (don't think he ever got it imported though). I look forward to seeing your Ikaros, and whatever else you make with it.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 01, 2013, 06:47:41 AM

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
I felt like in /jp/ for some moments...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 01, 2013, 06:47:41 AM
Yep. I have absolutely no knowledge on how to conveniently model what I want; I've been editing planes and spheres vertex by vertex so far which is incredibly time consuming. So I'm going to switch to Maya as soon as summer starts and teach myself how to model. :O
Cool~


Hey Jax, which programs do you use for your vertex editing (versions aswell?)? I'm trying to get into some editing myself however I run into a problem when I try to move vertices in that I get huge deformities on the model with none of the actual changes I made visible.

If it helps I'm using the KittyCorp tutorial for 3DSMax editing as a base.

Quote from: spongeman131 on May 08, 2013, 07:06:41 AM
Hey Jax, which programs do you use for your vertex editing (versions aswell?)? I'm trying to get into some editing myself however I run into a problem when I try to move vertices in that I get huge deformities on the model with none of the actual changes I made visible.

If it helps I'm using the KittyCorp tutorial for 3DSMax editing as a base.

I use 3ds Max 2010 and the most recent Brawlbox for all my model imports and edits.

And don't use the old vertex editing method with all the patching and nonsense, if that's what you're doing.

Use Brawlbox's model importer.

I'm impressed with your models, good work man. It would be cool to see hitomi in brawl, I know she isn't one of your top priorities right now, but just letting you know there's still support for her. Hope you didn't abandon her I know importing her will be a pain lol

Hey Blackjax, do you think that you could do a video of you rigging a model at some point? I figure that a video reference would be nice to go along with the tutorial. It doesn't have to be a video tutorial, but I figure it would be nice to see you weighing the vertices so I can make sure it all comes out smooth.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Sure, I can do that for my next import once school's out in 4 weeks.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 22, 2013, 02:34:58 AM
Sure, I can do that for my next import once school's out in 4 weeks.
Cool, thanks.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

My next import :af2:

I'm thinkin Zelda or Shiek.
And if they don't work, I'll just default to ZSS :P


But I want her over ZSS :oshi:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on May 27, 2013, 04:05:48 AM
But I want her over ZSS :oshi:

But ZSS is booooooorrrriiiinngggg.
I might have to though due to her shoulders. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 27, 2013, 04:08:09 AM
But ZSS is booooooorrrriiiinngggg.
I might have to though due to her shoulders. :srs:
The model looks much better than your other Miku import (which looked good but was just a little... off). As far as who it is over, I'm all for whoever makes it work best. Shiek, Zelda, and ZSS are all fun to play as (at least in brawl minus). If you just make the hack the best it can be, then people will play as it, regardless of who it is over. Hell, I learned all the tricks to playing minus Peach pretty much just to play as Etna and Konata (who needs an updated model import... which I may have planned).


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.