Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SFX in Gecko  (Read 1601 times)
WTVelocity
Mega Kitten

Brawl Revamped Dev

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: November 23, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »

I am currently forced to use a Gecko-type USB loader, for 2 reasons:
1) I left my Disc out of state (Wii was given to me, but he misplaced his Brawl disc); and
2) The blasted thing loads alot faster via USB than it does from a Disc anyhow, so if possible, I'd like to keep the USB loader even when I get the disc.

That being said, I was hoping that someone knew of either a USB hack of Riivolution, or a way to load character SFX via Gecko. I know some time back it wasn't possible, but I was hoping that over recent months it has changed, at least a little.

Basically, I'm getting tired of hearing "Falco-Kick!" when I throw a spirit bomb!

Lead Developer of Brawl Revamped Project
Brawl Revamped

Hero ©
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 04:03:56 PM »

Lol i got tired of Goku saying FALCON KICK too

but since my wii is stupid at reading SD Cards, i use a USB device+Riivolution with BeyondYou's settings.

BUT...it has more loading times which is ok with me.

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 04:59:20 PM »

I use Riivo myself, so this isn't a problem for me, but there's a way to do it. No gecko codes work with it so far though, that one hasn't been reliably figured out...

Take your brawl game that you use on USB, back it up, do whatever in case something goes wrong. Open it in Wiiscrubber and replace the smashbros_sound.brsar that's in there with the one that you've created, it's under the sound folder. Put it back on your USB drive once the replacement's done and it should be all good. Just use Gecko as usual.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: